There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***2009/10 USC Football Thread****

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Love this thread. No activity during most of the CFB season because USC sucked, then miraculously resurrected with the hire of an extremely overrated head coach.

BTW, awesome 2-5 bowl record this year PAC10.

BTW BIG 10 haters...BIG 10 won both of their BCS games and beat 4 top 15 opponents. Thats only happened twice in history. Both times it was the BIG 10.

Just felt like pointing that out to all the people who called the BIG 10 overrated earlier in this thread.

Yeah and Ohio St. still lost to a Terrible USC Team with a Freshman QB making his second start. at Oh St BTW.

And Ohio St. beat Oregon in a BCS bowl, the same Oregon team that b***hslapped USC earlier in the season.

This is fact.

And to whomever called Kiffin and Chow GOAT's as coordinator's is off his rocker. Don't think that their offensive staff is blowing me away cause it's not, but can't take nothing away from Monte.

Fact is USC just hired the biggest weasel/douche as their HC and with all the allegations surrounding the school currently. Way to stay classy USC
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Love this thread. No activity during most of the CFB season because USC sucked, then miraculously resurrected with the hire of an extremely overrated head coach.

BTW, awesome 2-5 bowl record this year PAC10.

BTW BIG 10 haters...BIG 10 won both of their BCS games and beat 4 top 15 opponents. Thats only happened twice in history. Both times it was the BIG 10.

Just felt like pointing that out to all the people who called the BIG 10 overrated earlier in this thread.

Yeah and Ohio St. still lost to a Terrible USC Team with a Freshman QB making his second start. at Oh St BTW.

And Ohio St. beat Oregon in a BCS bowl, the same Oregon team that b***hslapped USC earlier in the season.

This is fact.

And to whomever called Kiffin and Chow GOAT's as coordinator's is off his rocker. Don't think that their offensive staff is blowing me away cause it's not, but can't take nothing away from Monte.

Fact is USC just hired the biggest weasel/douche as their HC and with all the allegations surrounding the school currently. Way to stay classy USC

Amen.
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is why college football sucks

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
So this is why people hate you in the Houston thread. Again, you haven't disproven anything I said, other than it wasn't the bowl game UCLA beat them at. You have 1 BCS championship (although that could be stripped soon), same as Texas and 2 apprearances (I don't recognize splits, LSU was the BCS champ that year), same as Texas, only Texas has the head to head, also the winningest program of the 2000s. Sorry, live in the past but currently Texas is a better program in every sport.
Don't make this a pissing contest, try and stick to the original topic. What exactly has Lane done to deserve these opportunites and what track record other than being a loser does he have as a head man?

7-6 is not a loser. Texas plays in the Big 12 and they sucked this year BIG TIME. I guess we shouldn't count the 49ers SB's either right those were a long time ago.
Doesn't matter what you think USC has 2 National Championships in the last decade Texas doesn't deal with it. Lane was only a losing head coach in the NFL with the worst franchise in all of sports. LOL Winningest program in the 2000's with 1 title thats awesome frame that you might feel better.

Sorry, being voted a champ by a slobbering media means nothing. Again 1 BCS title, same as Texas and a head to head loss in said title game. Texas has a better record, advantage Texas. And no SF's titles almost 20 years ago, while nice, have little to do with how they are perceived currently, does anyone wmeniotn SF and elite in the same sentence? Even though the big12 was decimated by injuries it was still better than the Pac1 and that Texas team you say sucked was down 3 with 3 minutes with a true freshman QB who hadn't played a snap all year in the NCG. I don't have to frame anything, facts speak for themselves.

Moral Victories are awesome.

Ah, silenced by facts.

FACTS??? You don't quit do yo?. Fact is USC has 2 National Titles in the last decade split or not, doesn't matter what you think. Texas has 1 in the 00's, Go shine that Winningest Program in the 00's trophy.

Why would I quit, I'm correct. What system is recognized, right or wrong, in college football? BCS. How many BCS titles have been won by USC? 1. Is this disputable? Sorry, press love doesn't count, otherwise Boise St would/ should be B2B defending champs, if they were USC with those accomplishments you don't think the press would slob them a few more fake titles?.
Don't get all riled up because Texas has a better record, beat your team in the NCG, and has the same amount of BCS titles. There's no shame in being #2.
Funny where were all these posts in this thread all year when the team was sucking?

You want to go BCS USC has 7 BCS Bowl Wins and 7 Straight Appearances between 02-09. Texas has 4????? The most winningest team could only muster 4 BCS Bowls????, BCS is what counts in your mind right?? Bosie St??? There you go again with the Should've Could've Would've stuff. Texas could've won more than just 1 BCS but they didn't deal with it. 4 BCS Bowls for the best 00's team???

So now you are agreeing with me about the BCS titles? Advantage TX9R. Thanks for playing!
So this is why people hate you in the Houston thread. Again, you haven't disproven anything I said, other than it wasn't the bowl game UCLA beat them at. You have 1 BCS championship (although that could be stripped soon), same as Texas and 2 apprearances (I don't recognize splits, LSU was the BCS champ that year), same as Texas, only Texas has the head to head, also the winningest program of the 2000s. Sorry, live in the past but currently Texas is a better program in every sport.
Don't make this a pissing contest, try and stick to the original topic. What exactly has Lane done to deserve these opportunites and what track record other than being a loser does he have as a head man?

7-6 is not a loser. Texas plays in the Big 12 and they sucked this year BIG TIME. I guess we shouldn't count the 49ers SB's either right those were a long time ago.
Doesn't matter what you think USC has 2 National Championships in the last decade Texas doesn't deal with it. Lane was only a losing head coach in the NFL with the worst franchise in all of sports. LOL Winningest program in the 2000's with 1 title thats awesome frame that you might feel better.

Sorry, being voted a champ by a slobbering media means nothing. Again 1 BCS title, same as Texas and a head to head loss in said title game. Texas has a better record, advantage Texas. And no SF's titles almost 20 years ago, while nice, have little to do with how they are perceived currently, does anyone wmeniotn SF and elite in the same sentence? Even though the big12 was decimated by injuries it was still better than the Pac1 and that Texas team you say sucked was down 3 with 3 minutes with a true freshman QB who hadn't played a snap all year in the NCG. I don't have to frame anything, facts speak for themselves.

Moral Victories are awesome.

Ah, silenced by facts.

FACTS??? You don't quit do yo?. Fact is USC has 2 National Titles in the last decade split or not, doesn't matter what you think. Texas has 1 in the 00's, Go shine that Winningest Program in the 00's trophy.

Why would I quit, I'm correct. What system is recognized, right or wrong, in college football? BCS. How many BCS titles have been won by USC? 1. Is this disputable? Sorry, press love doesn't count, otherwise Boise St would/ should be B2B defending champs, if they were USC with those accomplishments you don't think the press would slob them a few more fake titles?.
Don't get all riled up because Texas has a better record, beat your team in the NCG, and has the same amount of BCS titles. There's no shame in being #2.
Funny where were all these posts in this thread all year when the team was sucking?

You want to go BCS USC has 7 BCS Bowl Wins and 7 Straight Appearances between 02-09. Texas has 4????? The most winningest team could only muster 4 BCS Bowls????, BCS is what counts in your mind right?? Bosie St??? There you go again with the Should've Could've Would've stuff. Texas could've won more than just 1 BCS but they didn't deal with it. 4 BCS Bowls for the best 00's team???

So now you are agreeing with me about the BCS titles? Advantage TX9R. Thanks for playing!

Thats exactly what I thought. 4 BCS Bowl Wins?????
USC has 6 BCS bowl wins, not 7.
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Recruiting violations aren't necessarily a bad thing.

You can't win a national championships without getting a few recruiting violations here and there. Kiffin is going to bring his prostitutes from Tennessee and rebuild USC into a powerhouse.

Vol fans are crying because Kiffin is going to take his amazing coaching staff and all his top recruits with him to USC.

It's true. Look at Carroll's USC for proof.
Lolz, just wait until the NCAA comes down hard on USC for his violations.

You're going to be disappointed, trust me.
Lane Kiffin is USC's new head coach.

Not really, since I'm not a USC fan, just an impartial outside observer.

I honestly don't care if Kiffin fails or not. But he won't fail. He'll dominate the conference.

I thought you were a Stanford fan.

Yeah, but realistically, Stanford will never be able to recruit on the level of USC because of academic restrictions. I mean, we only got Toby Gerhart after USC tried to change his position to LB or FB.

I don't buy that, Notre Dame has academic restrictions as well yet we have manged to have top 15 recruiting classes in the last few years.

Notre Dame's restrictions aren't nearly as strict as Stanford's.

You are not all that familiar with ND's restrictions it appears.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

You can't win a national championships without getting a few recruiting violations here and there. Kiffin is going to bring his prostitutes from Tennessee and rebuild USC into a powerhouse.

Vol fans are crying because Kiffin is going to take his amazing coaching staff and all his top recruits with him to USC.

I honestly don't care if Kiffin fails or not. But he won't fail. He'll dominate the conference.

Yeah, but realistically, Stanford will never be able to recruit on the level of USC because of academic restrictions. I mean, we only got Toby Gerhart after USC tried to change his position to LB or FB.

I don't buy that, Notre Dame has academic restrictions as well yet we have manged to have top 15 recruiting classes in the last few years.

And Notre Dame has a football tradition which prospects buy into. Stanford has harsher recruiting restrictions and not much of a football tradition. I have no idea how they went 8-5 this year.

Jim Harbaugh is a genius.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

And Notre Dame has a football tradition which prospects buy into. Stanford has harsher recruiting restrictions and not much of a football tradition. I have no idea how they went 8-5 this year.

True. I don't know why he sticks around there. Maybe he's just waiting for the right situation at a bigger school (Michigan?).

True. I don't know why he sticks around there. Maybe he's just waiting for the right situation in the NFL (Oakland).

Fixed. He is waiting for his dear old buddy Al to axe the Cable Guy.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

True. I don't know why he sticks around there. Maybe he's just waiting for the right situation in the NFL (Oakland).

"Right Situation" and "Oakland" do not belong in the same sentence.

-9fA

"Right Situation" and "Oakland" do not belong in the same sentence.

Which is why it's so funny when people say that Kiffin failed. He was coaching the f**king Raiders. Not to mention they were shaping up to be somewhat decent until he got fired.
Haters will be haters. Kiffin can recruit and scheme. He will be a great college coach when its all said and done. This is all I have to say.
USC has 6 BCS bowl wins, not 7.

Mostly against the #2 in the Big 10, since the #1 in the Big 10 was often in the NCG.