LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

***2009/10 USC Football Thread****

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
WOW, what a turn of events the last couple of days.
From no coach to possibly the best coaching staff in Football. Pros/College.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.
Lane Kiffin, Norm Chow OC, and Monte Kiffin DC sounds pretty damn good to me.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

Only a homer would say that isn't at least a Top-3 coaching staff. I don't even really like Southern Cal very much but Chow and Kiffin are not only two of the best coordinators in football right now, but two of the best coordinators in history.
Originally posted by Riot:

Only a homer would say that isn't at least a Top-3 coaching staff. I don't even really like Southern Cal very much but Chow and Kiffin are not only two of the best coordinators in football right now, but two of the best coordinators in history.

The fact that Lane Kiffin has done nothing at all brings the coaching staff down. A guy like Kirk Ferentz has more coaching ability in his pinky finger than Lane Kiffin could ever dream of.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Right now you have 1 good coach in Monte. Seeing as how he's been in college football all of 1 year, you can't say he's one of the greatest of all time, also he's 70 how long does he even stay? Lane's done nothing but lose and piss people off. Chow isn't hired yet and he hasn't really done anything since he left USC, hardly a GOAT.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Right now you have 1 good coach in Monte. Seeing as how he's been in college football all of 1 year, you can't say he's one of the greatest of all time, also he's 70 how long does he even stay? Lane's done nothing but lose and piss people off. Chow isn't hired yet and he hasn't really done anything since he left USC, hardly a GOAT.

Lane is a USC guy, and was successful his first year at UT, he was a blocked FG from beating Bama, 7-6 with a Terrible QB in SEC is not bad. Monte Kiffin is a GOAT on defense. Your hatred for USC is laughable TX Any program in the country would jump at a chance to bring in a staff like this.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lane Kiffin is a great coach.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Lane is a USC guy, and was successful his first year at UT, he was a blocked FG from beating Bama, 7-6 with a Terrible QB in SEC is not bad. Monte Kiffin is a GOAT on defense. Your hatred for USC is laughable TX Any program in the country would jump at a chance to bring in a staff like this.

Didn't they get blown out by UCLA in their bowl game? I wouldn't call that a success. They played games not to lose and still barely finished above .500. You really didn't disprove anything I said by the way. And again I don't hate USC, why would I, they've never done' anything but lose to Texas. I do hate how everything they do is vastly overrated. You have a 33 year old coach who hasn't won anywhere, a 70 year old DC who is good, but for how long? No OC as of yet. I do wonder how Chow would feel about taking orders from a 33 year old that replaced him once. Yet you guys tout this as the best staff in the NCAA?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Harbaugh vs Kiffin vs Sarkisian should be very entertaining.

Harbaugh and Kiffin have a lot of similar personality traits. Both are young and both called out major programs for "cheating" lol. Both can recruit like hell as well, but Kiffin has the obvious advantage at USC.

Didn't they get blown out by UCLA in their bowl game? I wouldn't call that a success. They played games not to lose and still barely finished above .500. You really didn't disprove anything I said by the way. And again I don't hate USC, why would I, they've never done' anything but lose to Texas. I do hate how everything they do is vastly overrated. You have a 33 year old coach who hasn't won anywhere, a 70 year old DC who is good, but for how long? No OC as of yet. I do wonder how Chow would feel about taking orders from a 33 year old that replaced him once. Yet you guys tout this as the best staff in the NCAA?

USC lost once to Texas in a BCS. Texas has a grand total of 4 NC. USC has 11 (2 in the last decade Texas not so much.)
They didn't play UCLA in their Bowl Game. They lost to #11 Va Tech. 37-14.
No other staff in NCAA has as successful track record in football than these 3 Guys not even including Chow.
Kiffin (SB Champ Top 10 Def 10 yrs straight in the NFL)
Kiffin & Ogauron have a 2 NC Teams under their belt as a staff.
You don't hate SC all you do is post in their threads about how bad they are, get over it, go Massage Colt McCoys shoulder and think about what could have been.
Originally posted by dobophile:
^ You still think USC has two national championships under Carroll?

They have 2 doesnt matter what you think. Texas has 4 compared to USC's 11 get over Texas is not on USC neighborhood in NC titles.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
So this is why people hate you in the Houston thread. Again, you haven't disproven anything I said, other than it wasn't the bowl game UCLA beat them at. You have 1 BCS championship (although that could be stripped soon), same as Texas and 2 apprearances (I don't recognize splits, LSU was the BCS champ that year), same as Texas, only Texas has the head to head, also the winningest program of the 2000s. Sorry, live in the past but currently Texas is a better program in every sport.
Don't make this a pissing contest, try and stick to the original topic. What exactly has Lane done to deserve these opportunites and what track record other than being a loser does he have as a head man?
Lane Kiffin has an awesome resume including being fired by the Raiders and being called a "flat-out liar" by Al Davis(Davis was right), chalking up numerous recruiting violations in his only season as a college head coach, and being BFF with Pete Carrol.

[ Edited by Thorhawk on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:07:51 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Recruiting violations aren't necessarily a bad thing.

You can't win a national championships without getting a few recruiting violations here and there. Kiffin is going to bring his prostitutes from Tennessee and rebuild USC into a powerhouse.

Vol fans are crying because Kiffin is going to take his amazing coaching staff and all his top recruits with him to USC.
Originally posted by crzy:
Recruiting violations aren't necessarily a bad thing.

You can't win a national championships without getting a few recruiting violations here and there. Kiffin is going to bring his prostitutes from Tennessee and rebuild USC into a powerhouse.

Vol fans are crying because Kiffin is going to take his amazing coaching staff and all his top recruits with him to USC.
So this is why people hate you in the Houston thread. Again, you haven't disproven anything I said, other than it wasn't the bowl game UCLA beat them at. You have 1 BCS championship (although that could be stripped soon), same as Texas and 2 apprearances (I don't recognize splits, LSU was the BCS champ that year), same as Texas, only Texas has the head to head, also the winningest program of the 2000s. Sorry, live in the past but currently Texas is a better program in every sport.
Don't make this a pissing contest, try and stick to the original topic. What exactly has Lane done to deserve these opportunites and what track record other than being a loser does he have as a head man?

7-6 is not a loser. Texas plays in the Big 12 and they sucked this year BIG TIME. I guess we shouldn't count the 49ers SB's either right those were a long time ago.
Doesn't matter what you think USC has 2 National Championships in the last decade Texas doesn't deal with it. Lane was only a losing head coach in the NFL with the worst franchise in all of sports. LOL Winningest program in the 2000's with 1 title thats awesome frame that you might feel better.
Share 49ersWebzone