There are 199 users in the forums

Cleveland Indians Get Raped Again

Victor Martinez is going to the Red Sox for a package of Justin Masterson, Nick Hagadone and rumored to be Bryan Price.

Their #4 and #8 prospects last year by baseball america.

A decent bullpen arm who's struggled in a starting role, a 23 year old inn A ball coming off Tommy John surgery and another old A ball pitcher.

Is Shapiro that much of an idiot or is Epstein a jedi mind tricks?

Ugh.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090731&content_id=6166846&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:26:10 ]
i hear its a done deal
^^^Yeah Hagadone and Masterson is for sure.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Gotta rebuild.

Certainly they didn't get the prospects they SHOULD have got for Martinez. But, they're going nowhere.
Wow.....just wow.
What will really make my day is if the Sox manage to get Halladay or Gonzalez with the remainder of their mediocre, overrated prospects.
I cant believe this trade. I would bet money the Giants could have got Victor for Alderson and Barnes and maybe a minor prospect.
Totally stupid on the Indians part they shoulda tried to get Buchholz at least. The Sox also traded LaRouche for Casey Kotchman. If the Yanks dont make a deal we may be in trouble.
Cleveland was desperate to deal VMart and the Sox swooped in at the last moment.

Shapiro really overplayed his hand there I guess. I find it hard to believe that no other team could offer anything better for a pretty dang good player.

Either that or like I said earlier Epstein knows jedi mind tricks.
Everyone knows that Cleveland can only have a good team every 40 years. They had the 50s and the late 90s, so somewhere around 2030 they should be good again.

In other news the Reds Traded for Scott Rolen

Rolen wasn't even worth Encarnacion not to mention two others.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

the Reds are terrible
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

the Reds are terrible

The Pirates are terrible. Their owner deserves to have the franchise taken away from him. I would get a petition together and sue him for not even trying to put a team together and win. Pirate fans should be mad as hell about what has happened to their team.

[ Edited by tn_niner on Aug 3, 2009 at 06:42:12 ]
Share 49ersWebzone