LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez tests positive in 2003

I don't care if they used steroids. But if Bonds gets such a bad rep over it and the asterisk then everyone should too.
Quote:
BOSTON -- Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz issued the following statement today:

Today I was informed by a reporter that I was on the 2003 list of MLB players to test positive for performance-enhancing substances. This happened right before our game, and the news blindsided me. I said I had no comment because I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I want to thank my family, the Red Sox, my teammates, and the fans for their patience and support.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6154540&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Quote:
BOSTON -- Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz issued the following statement today:

Today I was informed by a reporter that I was on the 2003 list of MLB players to test positive for performance-enhancing substances. This happened right before our game, and the news blindsided me. I said I had no comment because I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I want to thank my family, the Red Sox, my teammates, and the fans for their patience and support.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6154540&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.

4, would you guys believe an outrageous lie, or do I need a good one?
Originally posted by crzy:
Pujols is next.

Everyone took steroids.

This whole thing was blown out of proportion anyways.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Pujols is next.

Everyone took steroids.

We all know already that pujols took hgh which is btw not tested by mlb
"I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody," he said. "You go team by team. You test everybody three, four times a year and that's about it."

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said Monday. "I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation.

"So what would I do? I won't use it, and I'm pretty sure that everybody is on the same page," he said.

Isn't this what Pujols says? lol

You can test me every single day. I have nothing to hide! lol
Quote:

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.

I slipped, fell, and landed on that syringe, your honor.
"I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody," he said. "You go team by team. You test everybody three, four times a year and that's about it."

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said Monday. "I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation.

"So what would I do? I won't use it, and I'm pretty sure that everybody is on the same page," he said.

Isn't this what Pujols says? lol

You can test me every single day. I have nothing to hide! lol

Poor Ortiz, he's been afflicted with R.P.S. *

*Raphael Palmero Syndrome

Another case of Hypocrites Gone Wild
Man it would be refreshing to see someone who gets caught to just straught out say,....yeah I did it, I took steroids, along with rest of the MLB. I take complete responsibility.

Heck what Tejada did, or even Giambi or hell even ARod (although I think he's lying but still is being more truthful than others).

Enough of this denial.
  • dman
  • Veteran
this is not news

Man it would be refreshing to see someone who gets caught to just straught out say,....yeah I did it, I took steroids, along with rest of the MLB. I take complete responsibility.

Heck what Tejada did, or even Giambi or hell even ARod (although I think he's lying but still is being more truthful than others).

Enough of this denial.

Seriously, I agree. First guy to come out and say "f**k yes I took steroids, and they made me hit like a beast. f**k off" is going to be my favorite player.

Enough of this denial.

Someone already did that I think you forgot Jose Cansenco. He blatantly admitted that he is the steroid king and even made a book about it.

Enough of this denial.

Bronson says he used Andro, would not be surprised if his name was on the list from 2003

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4368436
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
Pujols is next.

Everyone took steroids.

We all know already that pujols took hgh which is btw not tested by mlb

You don't know s**t. So until then, shut the hell up w/ this Pujols nonsense.

Also, if HGH is not tested in the MLB..how did Ankiel test positive for it?

Jesus people

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:40:20 ]
Ozzie Guillen made me lol when asked about the subject

Share 49ersWebzone