Not a member? Register Now!

David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez tests positive in 2003

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jrg:
If everyone wants to * Bonds, then everyone can do the same to Boston's championships now.

Dude, at least your team won a championship while you've been alive. No crying from you!

Still..that would've been two.

Well, the closest the Giants got is when they canceled the world series that one year, I can't quite recall what happened though .....

Ummm, they got really close the year that they started bringing champaign into the dugout and were just a few outs away from a Championship. And then they choked it away to the Angels.

That's definitely not how I remember it. It was for sure canceled, terrorism or something I think.
Originally posted by valrod33:
look at him mocking you, you will never prove he was on the juice, thats why he wore glasses to throw you off

Looks like roid rage to me.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
If everyone wants to * Bonds, then everyone can do the same to Boston's championships now.

Dude, at least your team won a championship while you've been alive. No crying from you!

Still..that would've been two.

Well, the closest the Giants got is when they canceled the world series that one year, I can't quite recall what happened though .....

Ummm, they got really close the year that they started bringing champaign into the dugout and were just a few outs away from a Championship. And then they choked it away to the Angels.

That's definitely not how I remember it. It was for sure canceled, terrorism or something I think.

They unleashed the evil voodoo monkey. They deserve an asterisk for practicing voodoo magic.
water is wet
I don't care if they used steroids. But if Bonds gets such a bad rep over it and the asterisk then everyone should too.
Quote:
BOSTON -- Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz issued the following statement today:

Today I was informed by a reporter that I was on the 2003 list of MLB players to test positive for performance-enhancing substances. This happened right before our game, and the news blindsided me. I said I had no comment because I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I want to thank my family, the Red Sox, my teammates, and the fans for their patience and support.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6154540&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Quote:
BOSTON -- Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz issued the following statement today:

Today I was informed by a reporter that I was on the 2003 list of MLB players to test positive for performance-enhancing substances. This happened right before our game, and the news blindsided me. I said I had no comment because I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses.

I want to thank my family, the Red Sox, my teammates, and the fans for their patience and support.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6154540&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.

4, would you guys believe an outrageous lie, or do I need a good one?
Originally posted by crzy:
Pujols is next.

Everyone took steroids.

This whole thing was blown out of proportion anyways.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by crzy:
Pujols is next.

Everyone took steroids.

This whole thing was blown out of proportion anyways.

We all know already that pujols took hgh which is btw not tested by mlb
"I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody," he said. "You go team by team. You test everybody three, four times a year and that's about it."

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said Monday. "I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation.

"So what would I do? I won't use it, and I'm pretty sure that everybody is on the same page," he said.

Isn't this what Pujols says? lol

You can test me every single day. I have nothing to hide! lol
Quote:

Riiiight. Okay Ortiz.

I slipped, fell, and landed on that syringe, your honor.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
"I would suggest everybody get tested, not random, everybody," he said. "You go team by team. You test everybody three, four times a year and that's about it."

"I think you clean up the game by the testing," Ortiz said Monday. "I know that if I test positive by using any kind of substance, I know that I'm going to disrespect my family, the game, the fans and everybody, and I don't want to be facing that situation.

"So what would I do? I won't use it, and I'm pretty sure that everybody is on the same page," he said.

Isn't this what Pujols says? lol

You can test me every single day. I have nothing to hide! lol

Poor Ortiz, he's been afflicted with R.P.S. *

*Raphael Palmero Syndrome

Another case of Hypocrites Gone Wild
Man it would be refreshing to see someone who gets caught to just straught out say,....yeah I did it, I took steroids, along with rest of the MLB. I take complete responsibility.

Heck what Tejada did, or even Giambi or hell even ARod (although I think he's lying but still is being more truthful than others).

Enough of this denial.
  • dman
  • Veteran
this is not news
Man it would be refreshing to see someone who gets caught to just straught out say,....yeah I did it, I took steroids, along with rest of the MLB. I take complete responsibility.

Heck what Tejada did, or even Giambi or hell even ARod (although I think he's lying but still is being more truthful than others).

Enough of this denial.

Seriously, I agree. First guy to come out and say "f**k yes I took steroids, and they made me hit like a beast. f**k off" is going to be my favorite player.