LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

NBA's most overrated by Charlie Rosen

Do you guys agree with him?

He's entire basis on KG being overrated was because of his lack of offensive output during the 08 finals?

I know, just because they can post an article for millions to see doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Rosen's NBA overrated
He does choke.
See his many games with the T'Wolves.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
He does choke.
See his many games with the T'Wolves.

No, never saw him play I don't think when he was a Twolf.

But isn't KG primarily a defensive force?

His offense should be one of the last options for a team.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Do you guys agree with him?

He's entire basis on KG being overrated was because of his lack of offensive output during the 08 finals?

I know, just because they can post an article for millions to see doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Rosen's NBA overrated

this guy is a f**king moron, an i am probably a little biased since i am a timberwolves fan and KG is my favorite player in the game right now,but still KG is the man

KGs popint per game average and Rebound per game average are higher in the playoffs compared to the regular season

* Only player in NBA history to:

* average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per game for 6 consecutive seasons. (1999–2005)
* average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists per game for 9 consecutive seasons. (1998–2007)
* reach at least 20,000 points, 11,000 rebounds, 4,000 assists, 1,200 steals, and 1,500 blocks in his playing career.

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 30, 2009 at 09:17:08 ]
Chris Andersen....agree
Gilbert Arenas......agree
Carlos Boozer......agree
Chris Bosh...........agree
Marcus Camby.....agree
Kevin Garnett.......completely disagree
Al Harrington........disagree
Stephen Jackson...disagree
Brad Miller...........disagree
Chris Paul............agree
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Chris Andersen....agree
Gilbert Arenas......agree
Carlos Boozer......agree
Chris Bosh...........agree
Marcus Camby.....agree
Chris Paul............agree

Yeah, I think everyone kinda knows what Stephen Jackson's game is. Even him.
this guy is a moron, Chris Paul? Boozer? (even though he hasnt be healthy, and its not like people think he's one of the best when healthy...) Captain Jack?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Charlie Rosen is a pathetic excuse for a sportswriter. He makes Tim Kawakami look like Marc Stein.

Chris Andersen....disagree
Gilbert Arenas......completely disagree
Carlos Boozer......disagree
Chris Bosh...........completely disagree
Marcus Camby.....agree
Chris Paul............disagree
Originally posted by crzy:
Charlie Rosen is a pathetic excuse for a sportswriter. He makes Tim Kawakami look like Marc Stein.

Rosen understand X's & O's better than almost any other sportswriter. He was dead on about Chris Paul's effectiveness being greatly diminished unless he's in transition or on pick and rolls. Most writers wouldn't pick that up. I don't agree with him all the time, but he knows basketball.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:

Rosen understand X's & O's better than almost any other sportswriter. He was dead on about Chris Paul's effectiveness being greatly diminished unless he's in transition or on pick and rolls. Most writers wouldn't pick that up. I don't agree with him all the time, but he knows basketball.

The Hornets were 28th last year in terms of pace. Chris Paul gets a majority of his points and assists in the half court. Clearly he's more dangerous in transition, just like the majority of point guards are. But he runs an effective half-court system.

Paul averages 11 assists in a slow-paced, plodding offense. Steve Nash averaged fewer assists per game in the Seven Seconds or Less offense.

If Paul is overrated, then who is better?

Every once in a while Rosen will say something intelligent, but most of the time he's full of s**t.

Example:

Quote:
A note to long-suffering Cavaliers' fans: Don't get caught in the LeBron James pipe dream. The best King James can ever be is an average NBA player. - Charlie Rosen

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Every player has some flaws. Nobody's perfect. But you have to weigh those sometimes minor flaws against the player's positives to appropriately judge a player.

Rosen is picking apart these players' minor flaws without acknowledging their talent.

It doesn't take much to say Chris Paul is small, Chris Bosh scores mostly on jumpers, Carlos Boozer can only score in the post. That's not an intelligent critique. That's the sort of BS that's found on message boards and fan forums and has no business being in a major online publication like FoxSports.com.

LMAO, he dug into Kevin Garnett's 14 year career in order to find THREE games where KG was subpar and used that to judge him.

GTFO with that nonsense.
And despite the pace of the Hornets, 64% of Paul's attempts are in the first 9 seconds of the shot clock. David West is their #1 option in half court sets. There is no better PG in the game than Paul, but remember that the term "overrated" is based on a relation to perception.

Rosen's point was that Paul's game has holes that don't show up in a box score and a 7 game series shines a light on them. It's true that opposing PGs can get to their spot and shoot over him. It's true that his defense is only about steals. It's true that he's considerably less effective in non-transition/non-PnR positions.

Like I said, I don't always agree with Rosen, but he knows the game in a much more detailed way than other sportswriters do. That's my only point. Doesn't mean he's always right.
Garnett's game doesn't show up in the stats a lot of the times....

Listen, before he got to Boston, they were terrible. He completely changed the culture and outlook for the team.

If anything, KG is one of the best team players in the game.

Look at our defense last season with KG and then without....

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about
Lets see what I feel of Sir Rosen's critique..

Chris Andersen....agree
Gilbert Arenas......bulls**t
Carlos Boozer......agree
Chris Bosh...........bulls**t
Marcus Camby.....agree
Kevin Garnett.......bulls**t
Al Harrington........meh
Stephen Jackson...bulls**t
Brad Miller...........agree
Chris Paul............wtf lol
GameOver...........are you s**tting me? unarguably best poster on the Zone
LA9erFan............overrated, pulls more stats out of his ass than i pull s**t outta mine
crzy...................overrated, obsessed with a franchise where FO likes their future
Stoney...............meh, do you expect more from a guy named Stoney?
jrg....................=Vince Carter
Dino.................=Tracy McGrady
TheSixthRing.....been like Jayson Williams recently...no idea WHAT hes been doing...
Share 49ersWebzone