LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs Cotto Nov 14 in Las Vegas...

Whattup yall. Top Rank named this card "Firepower" and from the most avid boxing fan to the casual one, this is a fan's fight, which is surely to have plenty of action cause both Pac and Cotto come out to fight. This fight will certainly bring in more money than PBF vs Marquez...

This will be Pac's toughest test but I think he'll come out on top. It really can go either way but somebody said "while power thrills, speed kills"...Can't freaking wait
Manny by KO after Batista runs in and gives Cotto a Batista bomb.
Nice insight
I'd rather see Pac vs Clottey or Mosley.
Cotto hasn't been the same since that asswhippin Margarito unleashed on him
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I agree, Clottey should have won vs Cotto. I can see why Cotto won but he should have lost.

I agree Mosely vs Pac would have been great!. Now Mosely is looking to get Andre Berto and try to get the winner of this one or PBF-JMM.

Cotto falls right into Pac's game. He will take punches just to get his off. Pac usually puts out too much volume that won't work. Hopefully Cotto stuburness will equal that and we see a brawl!

Cant wait.

That is the only reason he landed this fight. Right now Manny can pick and choose his opponents. Kninda like De la Hoya did for most of his career.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

That is the only reason he landed this fight. Right now Manny can pick and choose his opponents. Kninda like De la Hoya did for most of his career.

That is a false statement! Cotto is a dangerous fighter and with his punching power can win with any of his fights. Margarito is a cheater he won with a plaster fist. If anything else this can easily be a trap fight for Pacman. The only fighter that Pacman is truly waiting on is Mayweather. IMO It depends on how Pacman performs on this fight will determine if Mayweather and PacMan will happen for the next SuperFight.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

That is a false statement! Cotto is a dangerous fighter and with his punching power can win with any of his fights. Margarito is a cheater he won with a plaster fist. If anything else this can easily be a trap fight for Pacman. The only fighter that Pacman is truly waiting on is Mayweather. IMO It depends on how Pacman performs on this fight will determine if Mayweather and PacMan will happen for the next SuperFight.

Please read the previous statement. Cotto looked vulnerable against Clottey. That is what got him this fight. At this point in his career, Cotto is still dangerous. But out of all the fighters trying to get a fight with Pac man, he looked the most beatable. Again anything can happen. I would not be surprised if Floyd and Pac man end up loosing their respective fights.
We'll all find out November 14...

Just all depends on what the final catchweight is agreed to. We all know the maximum is 145. But we don't know what it's settled at. Say it is 145...we know Pacman will come in anywhere between 148-150 as he has with DLH and Hitman fights. Cotto? He's known to hydrate and come in at 160+ for his welterweight fights.

If you see Cotto carry a 10+ pound weight advantage on Pac, expect Pac to employ the same strategy as he did with DLH and pick his spots carefully. He'll throw his combinations and stay off the ropes.

The interesting part of the fight will be if and when both fighters get into their modes of stubborness and just start wailing on each other. This is definitely where Pac will be most vulnerable.

Pacquiao a -215 favorite to fight Cotto? Cotto at +175? WTF. Expect the numbers to fall down towards -160 to -175 for Pac. There's no way in hell he should be that heavy of a favorite. That being said, there's extreme value in throwing down in Cotto right now. So if you're going to bet with the borricua, bet it now because I highly doubt you'll get juicier odds.

Pac's camp rumored to be putting a request for a $1M fine PER POUND above the limit at the weigh-in.
FIGUEROA: "I WAS DOING THE PACQUIAO MOVEMENTS; I GOT SENT HOME NOT KNOWING WHY"

Real odd. Sounds like he was doing real good as a sparring partner for Cotto. Wonder why they let him go without his knowledge.
Cotto knocks him out in 6
Pac knocks him out in the 5th.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
FIGUEROA: "I WAS DOING THE PACQUIAO MOVEMENTS; I GOT SENT HOME NOT KNOWING WHY"

Real odd. Sounds like he was doing real good as a sparring partner for Cotto. Wonder why they let him go without his knowledge.

he was probably whoopin' cotto's a55.. only thing i could think of
Share 49ersWebzone