LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 147 users in the forums

2009 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
NL might have won if Pujols hasnt sucked so bad. Makes an error letting in run and then is pathetic at the plate. Fricking Cardinal.

Don't blame all this on Albert.

why not

he cost that guy a car too

closer game than i expected

not just a car. Also cost him the chance to throw the first pitch at the world series.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
pablo sandoval makes less then kevin youkolis

and can play 1st, 3rd, catcher

But Youkilis is a MUCH better player.

Not in first half. Pablo has better numbers

Please don't tell me you guys are saying Sandoval is a better player then Youkilis.

Put it this way.. I wouldnt trade Pablo for Youkilis and Pablo had a better first half. Hows that for you.

Well yeah, Pablo's youth is a big plus and he's gonna be a pretty descent player. But right now, he's not better. Had a good 1st half..but Youk will finish the year better IMO.

Pretty decent? LOL.. I wouldnt trade Pablo for any 2 Cards position players not named Pujols.

Then you're out of your mind. Rasmus alone is a better young talent then Sandoval.

lol glad an A's fan can get in on the laugh as well.

Yes.. since the only reason they even have an all star is the rule of having 1 player for every team. Ya.. the A's star young hitter is... in A ball.

wtf man were we even talking about the A's right now? Jesus Christ you need to chill out.

lol seriously. You were just giving props to Pablo.

I said.. my bad. I apologize ATG

Okay well I accept the apology. Just giving you a heads up, we're going to be back in a few years.

Two things: Jemile Weeks is not our best prospect and your top prospect (IMO anyways) was in A ball as well until just today.
damn when the hell will the nl win???? i think home field is overrated in baseball anyways. yes it would be nice to have it but it aint everything. just pitch well or just hit or do both and you can win anywhere
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
NL might have won if Pujols hasnt sucked so bad. Makes an error letting in run and then is pathetic at the plate. Fricking Cardinal.

I was kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously you cant blame the game on him.

I blame it on Carl Crawford...

For real..that should've been a HR
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

I was kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously you cant blame the game on him.

I blame it on Carl Crawford...

that b*****d.

why not

not just a car. Also cost him the chance to throw the first pitch at the world series.

And pepsi products.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
You're tripping James. I don't think it's a homerish statement to say that Pablo is better than Youkilis, when he's six years younger and putting up better stats across the board.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

why not

Yeah, Albert sucks

Please don't tell me you guys are saying Sandoval is a better player then Youkilis.

Put it this way.. I wouldnt trade Pablo for Youkilis and Pablo had a better first half. Hows that for you.

Well yeah, Pablo's youth is a big plus and he's gonna be a pretty descent player. But right now, he's not better. Had a good 1st half..but Youk will finish the year better IMO.

Pretty decent? LOL.. I wouldnt trade Pablo for any 2 Cards position players not named Pujols.

Then you're out of your mind. Rasmus alone is a better young talent then Sandoval.

Yes.. since the only reason they even have an all star is the rule of having 1 player for every team. Ya.. the A's star young hitter is... in A ball.

wtf man were we even talking about the A's right now? Jesus Christ you need to chill out.

Okay well I accept the apology. Just giving you a heads up, we're going to be back in a few years.

Two things: Jemile Weeks is not our best prospect and your top prospect (IMO anyways) was in A ball as well until just today.

POSEY!!!

why not

And pepsi products.

jeez.. how could i forget that
i still hate the fact that pablo wasnt on the team over f**kin werth pablo wouldve hit a clutch gm tying hr

why not

Yeah, Albert sucks

lol seriously. "Hey, no pressure Albert."
Originally posted by crzy:
You're tripping James. I don't think it's a homerish statement to say that Pablo is better than Youkilis, when he's six years younger and putting up better stats across the board.

I wouldnt say he is better right now. I would say that he has put up slightly better numbers in a harder park to hit in and that there is no chance in hell we would ever trade Pablo for Youkilis. I think thats a safe statement.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

So age is an issue on basing talent? We're not talking about building a team here, we're talking about who is the better talent.

Sandoval will not finish with better numbers then Youkilis..and you can quote me on that..the Giants lineup isn't going to be able to continue to protect Sandoval the way they have been so far. Teams will adjust to Sandoval's success. Youkilis has proven hes at the level of putting up those consistent numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone