LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2009 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

I think after "Trackmark Hamilton" hit all of those HR's last year, then had a horrible second half of the season, these guy's this year seemed to have taken it easy
^Since Cruz made it to the finals and Winnie the Poo didn't you have to eat half a crow.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
^Since Cruz made it to the finals and Winnie the Poo didn't you have to eat half a crow.

since neither of them won I do not have to eat crow
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

since neither of them won I do not have to eat crow

Fine but still Cruz made it to the finals and you laughed at my pick? I guess you Jays fans just dont know how to make good picks for homerun derbys or for teams.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just got home from the derby....holy s**t Pujols' pitcher needs to be shot
  • iohk
  • Veteran
ive never seen big al so pressured
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iohk:

St. Louis was rockin' man...so many damn people down town tonight...he unfortunately couldn't give the fans what they wanted.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

St. Louis was rockin' man...so many damn people down town tonight...he unfortunately couldn't give the fans what they wanted.

he better hit a granny tomrrow so i can get free movie tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran

he better hit a granny tomrrow so i can get free movie tickets

Lol..dude too bad you weren't here..this has been incredible all the stuff they have to do downtown..such a good time..good night

I kinda felt bad for him. He was doing pretty well when he was doing that crazy big leg kick though.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Good thing I didn’t watch this.

Local sports radio said ESPN’s coverage was a joke interviewing Pujols forever to the point he looked like he wanted them to just shut up so he could watch the homeruns? lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Good thing I didn’t watch this.

Local sports radio said ESPN’s coverage was a joke interviewing Pujols forever to the point he looked like he wanted them to just shut up so he could watch the homeruns? lol

Haha yeah that was hilarious...like everyone at the bar I was at outside the stadium was saying the same thing.

Oh well..wish Albert would've one because the night was centered around him..but it was a blast regardless.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Re-watching the HR Derby...holy f**k Albert's pitcher
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Longoria out of All-Star game; replaced by Young

Quote:
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Tampa Bay third baseman Evan Longoria(notes) is out of the American League starting lineup for the All-Star game because of an infected right ring finger.

He is being replaced in the starting lineup for Tuesday night’s game by Texas third baseman Michael Young(notes), who will bat seventh.

Chone Figgins(notes) of the Anaheim Angels is taking Longoria’s place on the AL roster.

Young is a six-time All-Star who will be making his first start. He is batting .308 with 11 homers and 37 RBIs this season.

Figgins, a first-time All-Star, is hitting .310 with one homer, 28 RBIs and an AL-leading 68 runs.

Link
Re-watching the HR Derby...holy f**k Albert's pitcher

I have to agree about the pitcher. For the most part a lot of the pitchers were having a hard time putting the pitches where the batters wanted it. I think Albert got intentionally walked like 5 times.
Share 49ersWebzone