There are 166 users in the forums

Official 2009 Gold Cup

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
USA has looked the most dominant in this tournament. With a B team I might add.
Mexico like i said before is vastly over-rated due to the size of their fan base tying with Panama is not acceptable. I take that back mexico is not over-rated because everyone knows they suck now.

And what's up with the Mexican coach getting into a confrontation with a Panamanian player, triggering near riots in the stands?

The funny thing is the refs didn't see the coach kick the player first, thats was pretty classless by the coach. I am mexican BTW.
Mexico like i said before is vastly over-rated due to the size of their fan base tying with Panama is not acceptable. I take that back mexico is not over-rated because everyone knows they suck now.

And what's up with the Mexican coach getting into a confrontation with a Panamanian player, triggering near riots in the stands?

The funny thing is the refs didn't see the coach kick the player first, thats was pretty classless by the coach. I am mexican BTW.

I wonder how the fans will react if mexico loses to th US in MEXICO. Anybody that watch the game panama started all the bulls**t when perez ran right into ochoa when the ball was clearly outta play so it could of been some of retaliation. Im not liking the way mexico is playing the only good player out there has been dos santos, his speed and quickness has been unmatched. Seems like the only one that can penetrate into the box area.
Originally posted by thuglife619:

I wonder how the fans will react if mexico loses to th US in MEXICO. Anybody that watch the game panama started all the bulls**t when perez ran right into ochoa when the ball was clearly outta play so it could of been some of retaliation. Im not liking the way mexico is playing the only good player out there has been dos santos, his speed and quickness has been unmatched. Seems like the only one that can penetrate into the box area.

Aguirre was trying to get the ball cause it was already out of bounds, yeah he shouldn't have, but the panamian guy over-reacted, Aguirre didn't touch him, at least thats what I saw from the replay. Mexico will not lose to the U.S. in Mexico. They'll win, 2-0.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Aguirre was trying to get the ball cause it was already out of bounds, yeah he shouldn't have, but the panamian guy over-reacted, Aguirre didn't touch him, at least thats what I saw from the replay. Mexico will not lose to the U.S. in Mexico. They'll win, 2-0.

No way USA is going to destroy Mexico in Azteca, book it. 3-1 US.

haha, you guys aren't Costa Rica.

there is no way mexico loses to the US and remember we are playing our B team and the only players on the B team that will make the A team is santos,vela and ochoa also torrado but he sucks. US

there is no way mexico loses to the US and remember we are playing our B team and the only players on the B team that will make the A team is santos,vela and ochoa also torrado but he sucks. US

the team Aguirre has right now is more like a C team. except for those 3
Outside Dos Santos who has stepped up his game, we have no one good in this team. Forgot about Vela because he improved also.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Outside Dos Santos who has stepped up his game, we have no one good in this team. Forgot about Vela because he improved also.

i want to see what Hector Moreno can do in the center backfield, i have high hopes for him.
and i cant wait to see what barcelona product Jonathan Dos Santos can do. he needs to take over pavels or torrados spot ASAP.
Also, i do not know why Sabbah is even on the team.

wtf? Are you serious with that comment? He's the best mexican scorer right now. That's why.

wtf? Are you serious with that comment? He's the best mexican scorer right now. That's why.

There are better options than him to play the style we have right now. This isn't exactly the same team we had with a lot of precision passing and centers than before. We are trying to be more vertical and go more with the long balls and he isn't that kind of forward.

There are better options than him to play the style we have right now. This isn't exactly the same team we had with a lot of precision passing and centers than before. We are trying to be more vertical and go more with the long balls and he isn't that kind of forward.

sabah was one of the top goal scorers in the liga thats why. earned it in a way but he sucks
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

sabah was one of the top goal scorers in the liga thats why. earned it in a way but he sucks

I know he had a great season but so many players do also and don't get to make it in the selecion. You have to build a team that plays together in a similar way and not get one player who doesn't fit it. When borgetti was on the team, we had a team that was built to play to his style and do a lot of centers. We never made him run on through passes or let him create for himself. The team right now like i said does not look be like that and is more a long ball team.
Holy SH!T!!!! What a goal for the US that ties it up against Haiti in extra time!!! ..........
Share 49ersWebzone