There are 185 users in the forums

NBA Rumors Thread

does anyone know how the 2010 off-season looks like cap wise, who has the most cap room?

Beisdes the big 4, Nets, Knicks, Bulls and Heat

And who are the top guys besides Bosh, Amare, LeBron and Wade available?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
does anyone know how the 2010 off-season looks like cap wise, who has the most cap room?

Kings should be up there somewhere as far as having cap room. JJ, Dirk, Boozer, Pierce, could all be available also.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Kings should be up there somewhere as far as having cap room. JJ, Dirk, Boozer, Pierce, could all be available also.

thanks willisthewall, forgot about sactown.

and forgot Joe Johnson was a FA, along with Boozer.
apparently the rockets made a last chance offer/try for Amare.

Apparently, the rox offered Battier, Scola and Brian Cook's Expiring Deal for him, but they(Suns) wanted Scola, Battier and picks for Amare.

Apparently, the rox offered Battier, Scola and Brian Cook's Expiring Deal for him, but they(Suns) wanted Scola, Battier and picks for Amare.

Hmm. How so you feel about that, as a Rock fan?
Originally posted by SLICK:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
The Miami Heat have opened discussions with the Utah Jazz on a Carlos Boozer deal in advance of Thursday’s 3 p.m. deadline, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Miami, with its courting of Amare Stoudemire fading, turned its attention to another marquee frontcourt player in its ongoing quest to keep star guard Dwyane Wade happy before Wade becomes a free agent July 1.

But after the teams commenced talks Thursday, one source with knowledge of Utah’s thinking said it was “unlikely” that the Heat could offer enough to tempt the Jazz to back off its long-held stance against trading Boozer this season.

Armed with the expiring contracts of Udonis Haslem and Quentin Richardson, Miami made an “unexpected” offer to the Jazz this morning, one source told ESPN.com.

Utah, though, has insisted for weeks that it prefers keep Boozer for the rest of the season, even though he can leave the Jazz without compensation this summer as an unrestricted free agent.

One source told ESPN.com that the Jazz and Heat might need a third team regardless to complete a Boozer trade if the talks regain steam before the deadline.

Considering they have Millsap, I don't understand why Utah wouldn't trade Boozer if anything even close was offered to them.

B/c we know we're not gonna be buyers this summer anyways and Haslem and Richardson are garbage so it woulda been a horrible deal. We're the #3 seed in the West right now and are playing great basketball so I guess we're gonna keep the core together for one last run and hope the Lakers are plagued with injuries or choke. Neither of which I see happening of course but might as well give it a shot instead of falling to the #7 or #8 seed or out of the playoffs all together. Plus with Brewer going to Memphis we got under the Luxary Tax so the front office wasnt pressured to get below it by making a crappy trade with Miami.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

idk to be honest, on one hand, I wouldnt have mind Amare but i love Scola and Battier alot.

Im still torn on the deal from today. I love Landry, i just hope Jordan Hill turns out to be something good. And im not sure we would have had a great shot at a FA in 2010 market, so why not take on salary, with a good player in K-Mart.
Quote:
Miami's reported efforts involving the Utah Jazz and Carlos Boozer were actually to send him to Phoenix in a three-way trade.

The Jazz passed on an offer that would have sent Boozer to Phoenix, Amare Stoudemire to Miami and expiring contracts along with picks to the Jazz, according to a report from Michael Wallace of the Miami Herald.

And that explains why we said no.

idk to be honest, on one hand, I wouldnt have mind Amare but i love Scola and Battier alot.

Im still torn on the deal from today. I love Landry, i just hope Jordan Hill turns out to be something good. And im not sure we would have had a great shot at a FA in 2010 market, so why not take on salary, with a good player in K-Mart.

Some of your fellow rock fans on this board strongly disagree with you, there.

Some of your fellow rock fans on this board strongly disagree with you, there.

yeah, probably.

The way i look at it, we would have had to let Hayes, Landry, Scola and Lowry go to get a guy like Wade or Bosh in H-Town.

Or the other way would of been letting Battier go in a trade, but i really like battier's game.

Id rather try our best and keep Scola and Lowry, retain Brooks on a extension when its time. Hopefully Yao comes back strong, if not, we are screwed then.

The only way to get a FA is by the MLE, or if Yao opts out, which isnt likely.

Here are the teams with cap room for 2010

Heat
Knicks
Nets
Bulls
Wizards
Kings
Clippers
Timberwolves

and the top FA's

* LeBron James
* Dwyane Wade
* Chris Bosh
* Kobe Bryant
* Yao Ming
* Dirk Nowitzki
* Joe Johnson
* Carlos Boozer
* Amare Stoudemire
* Marcus Camby
* Manu Ginobili
* Ray Allen
* Paul Pierce
* Rudy Gay (restricted)
* Luis Scola (restricted)
* Brendan Haywood
* Kenyon Martin
* Tyson Chandler
* Josh Howard (team option)
* Joel Przybilla

this is from espn.com's http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13610/the-teams-who-will-compete-in-2010-free-agency
I think Kobe will end up with the Bulls ^
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I think Kobe will end up with the Bulls ^

Soooooo funny.....
You should probably make a note indicating which players have player options. And where'd you get Kobe Bryant?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
You should probably make a note indicating which players have player options. And where'd you get Kobe Bryant?

Kobe has a player option
Share 49ersWebzone