There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Rumors Thread

  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,146
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Hayes is an outstanding defender and rebounder, not decent. He is one of those glue guys championship teams need. Houston just already has enough of those, we need contributor.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Hayes is an outstanding defender and rebounder, not decent. He is one of those glue guys championship teams need. Houston just already has enough of those, we need contributor.

Agreed on Hayes...EXCELLENT defender, just not much else...
I hate this trade as well...The Rox just need to be patient & buy a draft pick to back-up to Yao (someone like BJ Mullens, will be there around 20-25) I also agree that I'll take my chances with T-Mac & his expiring contract for 2010.

Currently our projected starting line-up (if healthy & thats a big if in Houston...although T-Mac is ahead of schedule & should be ready for start of season)

PG- Brooks
SG- T-Mac
SF- Artest (FA, but trust me Houston will re-sign)
PF- Scola
C- Yao

If healthy thats already the BEST starting 5 in the NBA, so no need for the Rockets to stretch for another player. Plus we'll be in great position for 2010 cap wise.

Not to mention Lowry,Landry,Battier,Wafer,Hayes coming off the bench.

[ Edited by sarpp on Jun 25, 2009 at 08:40:36 ]
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Hayes is an outstanding defender and rebounder, not decent. He is one of those glue guys championship teams need. Houston just already has enough of those, we need contributor.

Agreed on Hayes...EXCELLENT defender, just not much else...
I hate this trade as well...The Rox just need to be patient & buy a draft pick to back-up to Yao (someone like BJ Mullens, will be there around 20-25) I also agree that I'll take my chances with T-Mac & his expiring contract for 2010.

Currently our projected starting line-up (if healthy & thats a big if in Houston...although T-Mac is ahead of schedule & should be ready for start of season)

PG- Brooks
SG- T-Mac
SF- Artest (FA, but trust me Houston will re-sign)
PF- Scola
C- Yao

If healthy thats already the BEST starting 5 in the NBA, so no need for the Rockets to stretch for another player. Plus we'll be in great position for 2010 cap wise.

Not to mention Lowry,Landry,Battier,Wafer,Hayes coming off the bench.

When has that ever happened
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Hayes is an outstanding defender and rebounder, not decent. He is one of those glue guys championship teams need. Houston just already has enough of those, we need contributor.

Agreed on Hayes...EXCELLENT defender, just not much else...
I hate this trade as well...The Rox just need to be patient & buy a draft pick to back-up to Yao (someone like BJ Mullens, will be there around 20-25) I also agree that I'll take my chances with T-Mac & his expiring contract for 2010.

Currently our projected starting line-up (if healthy & thats a big if in Houston...although T-Mac is ahead of schedule & should be ready for start of season)

PG- Brooks
SG- T-Mac
SF- Artest (FA, but trust me Houston will re-sign)
PF- Scola
C- Yao

If healthy thats already the BEST starting 5 in the NBA, so no need for the Rockets to stretch for another player. Plus we'll be in great position for 2010 cap wise.

Not to mention Lowry,Landry,Battier,Wafer,Hayes coming off the bench.

When has that ever happened

Hey I did mention "if healthy"...LOL...Again I'd still take my chances on that...then trying to stretch & changing completely the core of this team.
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sarpp:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Hayes is an outstanding defender and rebounder, not decent. He is one of those glue guys championship teams need. Houston just already has enough of those, we need contributor.

Agreed on Hayes...EXCELLENT defender, just not much else...
I hate this trade as well...The Rox just need to be patient & buy a draft pick to back-up to Yao (someone like BJ Mullens, will be there around 20-25) I also agree that I'll take my chances with T-Mac & his expiring contract for 2010.

Currently our projected starting line-up (if healthy & thats a big if in Houston...although T-Mac is ahead of schedule & should be ready for start of season)

PG- Brooks
SG- T-Mac
SF- Artest (FA, but trust me Houston will re-sign)
PF- Scola
C- Yao

If healthy thats already the BEST starting 5 in the NBA, so no need for the Rockets to stretch for another player. Plus we'll be in great position for 2010 cap wise.

Not to mention Lowry,Landry,Battier,Wafer,Hayes coming off the bench.

When has that ever happened

Hey I did mention "if healthy"...LOL...Again I'd still take my chances on that...then trying to stretch & changing completely the core of this team.

No i agree with you , it just they have so much talent but Yao and T-Mac are never healthy at the same time, they could have something great but always hurt
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,146
You can forget TMac contributing anything but an expiring contract. You don't come back from microfracture at his age and be near the player you were. Amare is the only one to do it and he did it with about 1000 less games on his
I also wouldn't hold my breath on Artest coming back. He wants to get paid. All the talk when he first arrived of wanting to be on a good team and loving the coach and winning I think was PR. He's mentioned overseas even. That guy is about getting paid and likely someone will offer more thean the MLE, which I doubt, and honestly hope, Morey woud not.
I guess this belongs here.


With Rajon Rondo's name continually popping up in trade rumors, Celtics president Danny Ainge spoke once again this morning about his point guard, stressing his value to the team while also saying "he's got to grow up" in some areas and making other critical comments.

Speaking this morning on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" program, Ainge said Rondo needed to take more of a leadership role and revealed the 23-year-old was fined for showing up late to a playoff game.

"We expect him to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader," Ainge said. "There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don't know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it's just unacceptable."

Ainge was also critical of Rondo's play during the Celtics' second-round loss to the Magic.

"As we saw in the Orlando series, they left him wide open," Ainge said. "His presence hurt us in winning right now because his man went and doubled onto Ray [Allen] and Paul [Pierce] and made it difficult for us."
Ainge said Rondo still hasn't fully matured.

"He's got to grow up in some cases, and I think he is, too," Ainge said. "Slowly but surely Rondo is maturing. He's getting a little bit more control over his emotions and he's responding in a more positive way as he gets older and more mature in the league. We certainly would not trade him because of those things. ... We really need him as our point guard to be a leader than someone who thinks more of himself at times."

Ainge's comments were not entirely negative. When asked if Rondo was one of the top handful of point guards in the league, Ainge said he was "in the conversation" and "in the top 10 for sure". He also stressed again that the Celtics were not looking to run Rondo out of town.

"Rondo certainly is not a disruptive force on our team," Ainge said. "He’s a dynamic player and we love the kid. We’re not looking to trade Rondo because he was late for a playoff game or because he’s got some growing up to do. Some of our 30-year-old players have growing up to do as well. ... I think a lot of people are making something out of nothing that’s really there."

Rondo is still on a rookie contract, but his deal can be extended before the end of October. If the Celtics haven't reached an agreement with Rondo by then he will become a restricted free agent after next season, but Boston will have the chance to match any offer he may get. Rondo could be difficult for the Celtics to re-sign for salary cap reasons. Rondo has said he hopes to be a maximum-contract player.

"I think it's a good goal for Rondo to have just from a monetary standpoint, but to be that kind of player that warrants a max contract -- I certainly don't see Rondo as a max-contract player today," Ainge said. "Next summer is a summer where we'll probably have to make some financial decisions on Rondo if we don't come to a conclusion this summer."


link



What a jackass Ainge is. Talking about how someone needs to "grow up" over the radio. How about YOU grow up and handle this s**t behind closed doors like a grown man. God, I hate Danny Ainge.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
You can forget TMac contributing anything but an expiring contract. You don't come back from microfracture at his age and be near the player you were. Amare is the only one to do it and he did it with about 1000 less games on his
I also wouldn't hold my breath on Artest coming back. He wants to get paid. All the talk when he first arrived of wanting to be on a good team and loving the coach and winning I think was PR. He's mentioned overseas even. That guy is about getting paid and likely someone will offer more thean the MLE, which I doubt, and honestly hope, Morey woud not.

Personally TX, I think you're not giving T-Mac a fair chance. Yes its expiring contract, but I still like T-Mac & I don't buy that about the surgery. He'll be fine. The real question is...Has he outlasted his stay in Houston?
Artest might leave, but I think Houston will keep him. Something tells me Artest will take less to stay here, but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, getting back to the trade...I would not trade Brooks at any cost. Sure listen to offers for T-Mac & Landry, but no way would I trade Brooks, too much speed & upside IMO
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Juicy rumor of the day...

Phoenix gets:

Tracy McGrady
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry

Houston gets:

Amare Stoudemire
LeAndro Barbosa


I don't like it, not a fan of Amare and Barbosa is too inconsistent. Amere didn't like being second banana to Shaq, he'd be in the same boat in Houston. I'm for keeping TMac and his expiring contract and just taking the cap space the next year. Our frontcourt is good, it's the 1-3 we need help at.

I think the Rockets need help in the frontcourt. Name me somebody on there roster over 6'10 besides Yao? I think Brain cook is but that's not good. They have no height after Yao. They have bodies but nobody who can score. I like Landry and Hayes but Rockets really need a real PF and a back up center. I agree with you on Barbosa though I wouldn't want him running my team as the starting PG.

Luis Scola is legit. Chuck Hayes is the guy who sucks. Well he's a decent defender I suppose. But they need a backup Center and PG.

This trade would suck for the Rockets.

Yea i forgot all about Scola
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I guess this belongs here.


With Rajon Rondo's name continually popping up in trade rumors, Celtics president Danny Ainge spoke once again this morning about his point guard, stressing his value to the team while also saying "he's got to grow up" in some areas and making other critical comments.

Speaking this morning on WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" program, Ainge said Rondo needed to take more of a leadership role and revealed the 23-year-old was fined for showing up late to a playoff game.

"We expect him to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader," Ainge said. "There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don't know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it's just unacceptable."

Ainge was also critical of Rondo's play during the Celtics' second-round loss to the Magic.

"As we saw in the Orlando series, they left him wide open," Ainge said. "His presence hurt us in winning right now because his man went and doubled onto Ray [Allen] and Paul [Pierce] and made it difficult for us."
Ainge said Rondo still hasn't fully matured.

"He's got to grow up in some cases, and I think he is, too," Ainge said. "Slowly but surely Rondo is maturing. He's getting a little bit more control over his emotions and he's responding in a more positive way as he gets older and more mature in the league. We certainly would not trade him because of those things. ... We really need him as our point guard to be a leader than someone who thinks more of himself at times."

Ainge's comments were not entirely negative. When asked if Rondo was one of the top handful of point guards in the league, Ainge said he was "in the conversation" and "in the top 10 for sure". He also stressed again that the Celtics were not looking to run Rondo out of town.

"Rondo certainly is not a disruptive force on our team," Ainge said. "He’s a dynamic player and we love the kid. We’re not looking to trade Rondo because he was late for a playoff game or because he’s got some growing up to do. Some of our 30-year-old players have growing up to do as well. ... I think a lot of people are making something out of nothing that’s really there."

Rondo is still on a rookie contract, but his deal can be extended before the end of October. If the Celtics haven't reached an agreement with Rondo by then he will become a restricted free agent after next season, but Boston will have the chance to match any offer he may get. Rondo could be difficult for the Celtics to re-sign for salary cap reasons. Rondo has said he hopes to be a maximum-contract player.

"I think it's a good goal for Rondo to have just from a monetary standpoint, but to be that kind of player that warrants a max contract -- I certainly don't see Rondo as a max-contract player today," Ainge said. "Next summer is a summer where we'll probably have to make some financial decisions on Rondo if we don't come to a conclusion this summer."


link



What a jackass Ainge is. Talking about how someone needs to "grow up" over the radio. How about YOU grow up and handle this s**t behind closed doors like a grown man. God, I hate Danny Ainge.


Word is that Doc Rivers and Rondo don't get along at all. They are saying that Rondo isn't a easy guy to coach and doesn't always follow what Rivers tells him. and that was real bad for Ainge to be talking about Rondo's contract like that on the radio. By doing this it's like they want a reaction from Rondo Not smart for a GM
Originally posted by lamontb:
Word is that Doc Rivers and Rondo don't get along at all. They are saying that Rondo isn't a easy guy to coach and doesn't always follow what Rivers tells him. and that was real bad for Ainge to be talking about Rondo's contract like that on the radio. By doing this it's like they want a reaction from Rondo Not smart for a GM

Maybe Rondo is tough to get along with. That's not the point though. Ainge is using the media to address the issue, which is totally chickens**t. If he wants to trade him, he's lowering his trade value by doing this. If he wants to keep him, he's alienating Rondo by going about it this way. (Rondo's agent responded to this interview today)

Either way it's a stupid & p***y move by Ainge. Handle that s**t behind closed doors.
Pacers Shopping Ford, Not Jack?
Jun 25, 2009 12:27 PM EST

The Pacers are discussing point guard T.J. Ford with a number of teams, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Indiana has been linked to a point guard with their first-round pick, but earlier rumors suggested that Jarrett Jack could be the one on his way out of town.

Jack will become a restricted free agent next month.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Word is that Doc Rivers and Rondo don't get along at all. They are saying that Rondo isn't a easy guy to coach and doesn't always follow what Rivers tells him. and that was real bad for Ainge to be talking about Rondo's contract like that on the radio. By doing this it's like they want a reaction from Rondo Not smart for a GM

Maybe Rondo is tough to get along with. That's not the point though. Ainge is using the media to address the issue, which is totally chickens**t. If he wants to trade him, he's lowering his trade value by doing this. If he wants to keep him, he's alienating Rondo by going about it this way. (Rondo's agent responded to this interview today)

Either way it's a stupid & p***y move by Ainge. Handle that s**t behind closed doors.

I agree on all points. I don't see why ainge would come on radio say this about his starting PG. Kinda of a low ball classless move. Lokks likerondo works on his game and has improved
man, who would he trade rondo too...
ESPN

It sounds as though virtually everyone on Houston's roster is available. Teams report that the Rockets are trying to parlay Tracy McGrady's expiring contract and Aaron Brooks' newfound celebrity status into one of Minnesota's lottery picks. Carl Landry and Shane Battier also were mentioned as possible trade pieces.

Man i hope the Twolves dont get T-Mac i thnk he is done