LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

NBA Rumors Thread

A healthy Jazz team will contend

[ Edited by AC49er on Jun 30, 2009 at 19:52:34 ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
OMG the Jazz are back to contenders if they can stay healthy and resign Millsap. They'd only have the luxary tax for a year so I think they'll do it.

dang you guys lucked out. i still feel like you guys need something extra like a chris anderson type of players though to contend though. good luck though.
Ric Bucher just said that Rasheed Wallace will decide who wins the next Championship with who he goes to.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Ric Bucher just said that Rasheed Wallace will decide who wins the next Championship with who he goes to.

so he is coming to LA?

Spurs, actually.
Boozer Staying With Jazz
Jun 30, 2009 5:40 PM EST

Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer announced on Tuesday that he is exercising his player option for 2009-10. Boozer will make $12.657 million this season and join the famed 2010 class a free agent next summer. “We are excited that Carlos has decided to remain with the Jazz,” said Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor. “We are hopeful he can continue to play at an All-Star level and will have an injury-free season.”

Boozer had been widely expected to become a free agent, but the economic climate of the NBA made delaying his free agency by one season a prudent decision.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
so he is coming to LA?
Spurs, actually.

for reals?
Originally posted by GameOver:
Boozer Staying With Jazz
Jun 30, 2009 5:40 PM EST

Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer announced on Tuesday that he is exercising his player option for 2009-10. Boozer will make $12.657 million this season and join the famed 2010 class a free agent next summer. “We are excited that Carlos has decided to remain with the Jazz,” said Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor. “We are hopeful he can continue to play at an All-Star level and will have an injury-free season.”

Boozer had been widely expected to become a free agent, but the economic climate of the NBA made delaying his free agency by one season a prudent decision.

man 2010 will be exciting for the NBA.....bout damn time
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
so he is coming to LA?
Spurs, actually.

for reals?

Well, we're winning it all. That's all I know.
Some more s**t...

Rockets Might Be Interested In Curry/Mobley For T-Mac Deal
Jun 30, 2009 11:34 PM EST

The Rockets could provide the Knicks with some additional 2010 cap space by taking on Eddy Curry.

Daryl Morey, according to a source, would be interested in discussing a Tracy McGrady for Curry ($10.5M) and Cuttino Mobely ($9M, 80 percent) swap.

Source: Lee Leaving For Grizzlies Or Thunder
Jun 30, 2009 9:30 PM EST

A source told Ken Berger that he believes David Lee's days as with the Knicks are over.

Agent Mark Bartelstein will reportedly have Lee sign an offer sheet with the Grizzlies or Thunder that the Knicks will not be willing to match.

"It's a tough loss for New York, but they don't want to screw up their 2010 plan," the source said.

Wtf dude...Grizz or Thunder? Dont get me wrong...both teams have good peices, and im feeling the Thunder...but wtf David...since when do you WANT to go to Memphis or Oklahoma City...

Crawford Promises Hawks He Won't Opt Out
Jun 30, 2009 4:30 PM EST

Jamal Crawford had an opt out clause in his contract this year, but has promised the Hawks that he won't opt out.

Crawford has two years and $19 million left on his deal, and signed an agreement that he would not opt out.

"Looking forward, I'm ecstatic," Crawford told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "They could have sent me anywhere. To come to an up-and-coming team, a team that went to the second round of the playoffs, they were fun to watch... . I'm happy to be here and be a part of it."

Thorn: Nets Can Offer Two Max Deals In 2010
Jun 30, 2009 4:26 PM EST

In a conference call with season ticket holders, Nets president Rod Thorn hinted that the Nets could offer two max deals in the summer of 2010.

Thorn suggested that the team could offer two max deals in 2010 "if we so choose."

He also left open the possibility of restocking the team's roster this year by trading some of New Jersey's seven expiring contracts, and bypassing their 2010 plans, if they can land the right player.
Oh, and this caught my eye...

Cavs Looking For Big Wings To Allow LBJ To Play Power Forward
Jun 30, 2009 11:42 PM EST

The Cavaliers will search for a tall wing this summer that will allow LeBron James shift to the power forward position.

Potential candidates include veterans such as Grant Hill, Anthony Parker, Marquis Daniels, Josh Childress and Matt Barnes.

Oh, and this caught my eye... Cavs Looking For Big Wings To Allow LBJ To Play Power Forward Jun 30, 2009 11:42 PM EST The Cavaliers will search for a tall wing this summer that will allow LeBron James shift to the power forward position. Potential candidates include veterans such as Grant Hill, Anthony Parker, Marquis Daniels, Josh Childress and Matt Barnes.

wtf? cleveland is friggin stupid. so instead of continuing to build around the guy who gets you 60+ wins you switch him to a position where he has a greater chance of being injured just so you can put 4 perimeter players around a 38 year old center. theyll lose in the 2nd round this yr.
Oh, and this caught my eye... Cavs Looking For Big Wings To Allow LBJ To Play Power Forward Jun 30, 2009 11:42 PM EST The Cavaliers will search for a tall wing this summer that will allow LeBron James shift to the power forward position. Potential candidates include veterans such as Grant Hill, Anthony Parker, Marquis Daniels, Josh Childress and Matt Barnes.

wtf? cleveland is friggin stupid. so instead of continuing to build around the guy who gets you 60+ wins you switch him to a position where he has a greater chance of being injured just so you can put 4 perimeter players around a 38 year old center. theyll lose in the 2nd round this yr.

I think their idea is to get a different miss match with LJ at PF. He can blow by most PF's like their standing still.

I think their idea is to get a different miss match with LJ at PF. He can blow by most PF's like their standing still.

And still hold his own defensively...scary isnt it?
Yea but is his j going to consistently pull pfs out of the paint? i doubt it. an even when he goes past his guy then shaq is taking up space in the paint with his man. i just dont see this working out.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

If he signs with Orlando or San Antonio, then he's right.
Share 49ersWebzone