Tyson vs. Ali

Tyson vs. Ali

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by MaNnY09:
Lyoto Machida.

get outta here with that..haha

Honestly though, I would pick Tyson. Young Tyson wouldnt let Ali run around. It would be over in the 1st round.

Let's see, Ali beat George Foreman in his prime, who is both bigger and stronger than Tyson. And Tyson had trouble with tall fighters who could use their reach advantage to keep Tyson on the outside, yet you think Tyson would win in the first?

The fight is tailor-made for Ali to dominate. It'd look like Tyson vs Lewis or Tyson vs Holyfield, or Tyson vs Douglas. Hell, even the dude (who's name escapes me) who went to distance with Mike and ended Mike's KO streak was a taller fighter with a reach advantage, and he gave Tyson some real trouble and he was a bum.

Yes I still think Tyson would beat Ali. Tyson in his prime was great, which really all that matters.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jun 26, 2009 at 00:09:16 ]
Lyoto Machida.

Honestly though, I would pick Tyson. Young Tyson wouldnt let Ali run around. It would be over in the 1st round.

Let's see, Ali beat George Foreman in his prime, who is both bigger and stronger than Tyson. And Tyson had trouble with tall fighters who could use their reach advantage to keep Tyson on the outside, yet you think Tyson would win in the first?

The fight is tailor-made for Ali to dominate. It'd look like Tyson vs Lewis or Tyson vs Holyfield, or Tyson vs Douglas. Hell, even the dude (who's name escapes me) who went to distance with Mike and ended Mike's KO streak was a taller fighter with a reach advantage, and he gave Tyson some real trouble and he was a bum.

Yes I still think Tyson would beat Ali. Tyson in his prime was great, which really all that matters.

Tyson never ever, ever beat a great fighter in his prime. Ali beat everyone there was to beat. And again Tyson had trouble with fighters similar to Ali, the only difference is those other guys weren't Ali. If Tyson had trouble with other tall fighters, what would Ali do to him? He has a 11 inch reach advantage!
not sure. ali seem like the obvious answer, but tyson seems too strong for ali and could win the fight with one punch
Lyoto Machida.

Tyson never ever, ever beat a great fighter in his prime. Ali beat everyone there was to beat. And again Tyson had trouble with fighters similar to Ali, the only difference is those other guys weren't Ali. If Tyson had trouble with other tall fighters, what would Ali do to him? He has a 11 inch reach advantage!

11-inch reach advantage doesnt do much when a boxer gets inside. Of course Tyson didnt fight Ali type fighters, but apparently he brought a dynamic to boxing that changed the era. As I said Tyson in his prime would get inside and finish the job. Hindsight is always 20/20 in our eyes, but Tyson would still win this fight.
Back in the day, if you showed up 1 minute late to watch a Tyson fight, you missed the entire contest. Ali, on the other hand, pitched D-Con bug spray, so it's a tough call.

pacquiao
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
not sure. ali seem like the obvious answer, but tyson seems too strong for ali and could win the fight with one punch

I guess you never saw George Foreman, Sonny Liston, or Joe Frazier. Foreman was much stronger than Tyson and the other two were equally as strong. Ali would have destroyed Frazier in his prime and still beat him 2 out of 3.

Ali could take a punch like no other. Tyson would have had no chance in this fight.
Lyoto Machida.

11-inch reach advantage doesnt do much when a boxer gets inside. Of course Tyson didnt fight Ali type fighters, but apparently he brought a dynamic to boxing that changed the era. As I said Tyson in his prime would get inside and finish the job. Hindsight is always 20/20 in our eyes, but Tyson would still win this fight.

Tyson fought a bunch of nobodies that were intimidated by him before they even got in the ring. That would never happen with Ali. He fought stronger fighters, faster fighters, and much better fighters than Tyson. You must be very young and never saw Ali when he was in his prime years. Perhaps you have only seen his fights after his time off from fighting. You are sooo wrong on this one.
Tyson doesn't have enough heart to compete with Ali. Ali would make him look like a fool.
Originally posted by Apples:
This sounds like a job for...

I'd like to see them fight right now. A crazy overweight Tyson vs. a senile Ali with Parkinson's.

If you saw the hangover, the clear choice would be tyson

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by crzy:
Ali

Don't you think Tyson woulda been TOO Strong and Quick for Ali to handle?

HUH? Tyson was not as strong as George Foreman and Ali destroyed him. Too quick?

Ali got over on Foreman because of the crap ring conditions with the ropes being really slack and and the arena temp being over 100. Ali would have got his ass handed to him by Foreman if they fought anywhere in the states. Foreman was a freak of nature type boxer that comes out every 30 or 50 years. Tyson vs Ali would be a great fight but Alis footwork and hand speed might bring about the same results as teh Ali Fraizer fights. Too close to call if both in their primes.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by crzy:
Ali

Don't you think Tyson woulda been TOO Strong and Quick for Ali to handle?

HUH? Tyson was not as strong as George Foreman and Ali destroyed him. Too quick?

Ali got over on Foreman because of the crap ring conditions with the ropes being really slack and and the arena temp being over 100. Ali would have got his ass handed to him by Foreman if they fought anywhere in the states. Foreman was a freak of nature type boxer that comes out every 30 or 50 years. Tyson vs Ali would be a great fight but Alis footwork and hand speed might bring about the same results as teh Ali Fraizer fights. Too close to call if both in their primes.

sure bud...keep talking
lol
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A
Ali's the goat of boxing

LMAO

Tyson doesn't miss though.
Share 49ersWebzone