Sasha - $5,000,000
Walton - $4,840,000
Farmar - $1,947,240
Shannon - $1,030,189
Mbenga - $959,111
Powell - $959,111
Sun Yue - $736,420

Total: $76,759,733

Morrison, Sasha, Walton, Fisher, Bynum . . .

If the Lakers sign Odom and Ariza, they will be spending ~ $90,000,000, right?
Originally posted by dobophile:
2009-2010

Kobe - $23,034,375
Pau- $16,451,250
Bynum- $12,526,998
Morrison - $5,257,228
Fisher - $5,048,000
Sasha - $5,000,000
Walton - $4,840,000
Farmar - $1,947,240
Shannon - $1,030,189
Mbenga - $959,111
Powell - $959,111
Sun Yue - $736,420

Just about, yeah. Plus there's Luxury Tax. Sun Yue is likely to get cut though. Shannon Brown's a free agent as well, although we'll probably retain him.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobophile:
2009-2010

Kobe - $23,034,375
Pau- $16,451,250
Bynum- $12,526,998
Morrison - $5,257,228
Fisher - $5,048,000
Sasha - $5,000,000
Walton - $4,840,000
Farmar - $1,947,240
Shannon - $1,030,189
Mbenga - $959,111
Powell - $959,111
Sun Yue - $736,420

Just about, yeah. Plus there's Luxury Tax. Sun Yue is likely to get cut though. Shannon Brown's a free agent as well, although we'll probably retain him.

What's an extra $30 Mil for a championship?
Does anyone want us to drop Ariza for Artest.... I'm slowly pushing for it. Although if Ariza comes back I will still be ecstatic
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Does anyone want us to drop Ariza for Artest.... I'm slowly pushing for it. Although if Ariza comes back I will still be ecstatic

I would want you to . . . because I hate the Lakers and want to see them fail.

No!!! and a HELL NO!!!

Ariza is our #1 priority! Lakers need to sign him and then talk about Odom or Artest.

Artest is a huge upgrade over Ariza (offensively and defensively). Lakers don't even need to bring Odom back if they were to sign Artest.
I'd prefer to bring back the exact same team that won the NBA championship. Call me crazy.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Artest is a huge upgrade over Ariza (offensively and defensively). Lakers don't even need to bring Odom back if they were to sign Artest.

no id rather have odom over artest and ariza over artest he thinks hes superman and just shoots the ball way too much defensivly i would like him but not his offense
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

no id rather have odom over artest and ariza over artest he thinks hes superman and just shoots the ball way too much defensivly i would like him but not his offense

He shoots the ball too much because there were few shooters in Houston. That will not be the case in LA. Plus, if anyone can handle players like Ron Ron, it's Phil Jackson. But, at the same time, I am not sure if Kobe will like another strong personality in the locker room.

But one thing you can't deny about Ron Artest is, wherever he has gone, his team has over-achieved with him. Kings did few years ago, Houston did it this year, and had it not been for injuries and the brawl, I am quite certain Indiana would have made it to the finals couple of times. And, in the end, that is what Kobe is looking for.

Btw, I applaud Kobe for not opting out and demanding close to 30mil a year. He very well could have.
From RealGM:

Quote:
Power forward Josh Powell and center D.J. Mbenga will remain on the Lakers’ roster for the 2009-10 season after L.A. opted not to terminate their respective non-guaranteed contracts by the July 1 deadline, according to Lakers spokesman John Black.

Powell and Mbenga each had a year left on their contracts, and since neither was acted upon, the 6-10 and 7-0 post players are guaranteed through the coming season.
New article on ESPN about Ariza leaning towards leaving. Cavs are extremely interested in him right now.

Don't get me wrong, i love ariza, but i think we're about to see how much better Kobe makes other players look. lets see how he does with lebron, or if he falls off if he goes to a non contender.

I seriously cannot decide who i want more: ariza or Odom

ESPN ariza article
Maybe Ariza doesn't like playing with Kobe Tyrant.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
New article on ESPN about Ariza leaning towards leaving. Cavs are extremely interested in him right now.

Don't get me wrong, i love ariza, but i think we're about to see how much better Kobe makes other players look. lets see how he does with lebron, or if he falls off if he goes to a non contender.

ESPN ariza article

If Ariza takes the MLE, I'm pretty sure it will be from the Lakers. He's not at a point in his career that he should be trying to spurn LA for not offering more. He needs to ride the championship wave and then worry about a huge contract from another team.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

ESPN ariza article

If Ariza takes the MLE, I'm pretty sure it will be from the Lakers. He's not at a point in his career that he should be trying to spurn LA for not offering more. He needs to ride the championship wave and then worry about a huge contract from another team.

Ya thats what i didnt understand, why would trevor want to just screw over the lakers? and why would he wanna just ship to the cavs??? doesnt make sense if that is the case.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com