There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Ariza's camp wants 8-9 mil a season. f**k you Ariza. Good Bye. You can be replaced by someone who wants to come for the MLE

lol

god forbid he wants to make some money now
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Ariza's camp wants 8-9 mil a season. f**k you Ariza. Good Bye. You can be replaced by someone who wants to come for the MLE

lol

god forbid he wants to make some money now

His agent's just doing his job. If he can get 8-9 mil a season...best of luck to him wherever he lands. I just really doubt he gets that kind of offer.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,830
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Interesting twitter by Amare...

Amare wants to be a Laker for less

"Breaking News! Amar'e Stoudemire to the Lakers!! He might take less money to win a championship."


wtf?
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Interesting twitter by Amare...

Amare wants to be a Laker for less

"Breaking News! Amar'e Stoudemire to the Lakers!! He might take less money to win a championship."


wtf?

lmao Amare will never be a Laker.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Let's be honest. this team still is built around Kobe, Gasol and Bynum. Odom and Ariza resigned would be great. If not they can be replaced and maybe we could sign someone long term that is actually a bit more consistent than Odom.

we need to keep one at least
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,359
So a buddy a mine posted a bulletin on myspace yesterday about Red Aurebach and Phil Jackson....P.S. my buddy is a celtics fan ...



Red Auerbach said it best about Phil Jackson.

Jackson never built a team on his own.

That is what we call a "cherry picker".

Call Jackson an intelligent opportunist before a great coach.

Doug Collins had raised the baby Bulls built by Jerry Krause, yet the team was missing a piece.

That piece was Scottie Pippen.

Sitting on the bench and watching Michael Jordan toss 40 shots a game with the "Jordan Rules" protecting the team, most coaches would have had, at the very least, many of the successes they enjoyed.


The Lakers job eerily falls into place much like the Bulls job.

The Logo, Jerry West, had built a very good team (again), then stole Kobe Bryant for garbage in a trade.

Dell Harris groomed the young team that was missing a few pieces.

The huge piece was Shaquille O'Neal followed by vet fillers like Ron Harper, Robert Horry, Rick Fox, and other lesser pieces.

Again, most coaches would have won championships with those line ups.


Jackson's coaching ability came from Tex Winter running the team as Phil massages egos...including his own.


Red?

He built the NBA practically on his own.

You can mention the fact he coached nine championship teams in ten years, including eight consecutive champions.

There is a reason the NBA Coach Of The Year is named after him.

One can also state he oversaw 16 championship teams in his 29 years with the team.

Teams Red built, as he hired a bunch of Phil Jackson-types to steer the team to more championships under Auerbach's guidance.

Then there is the fact Red invented the fastbreak offense.

Auerbach's impact on sports also reverberates throughout society on the entire planet.

He is the NBA's Branch Rickey, having done so in a very bigoted New England, by drafting Chuck Cooper in 1950.

Cooper was the first black player ever drafted in the NBA.

Red also fielded first fully black starting five in 1964.


Red was an innovator who built Boston from the ground up. The franchise still runs by his taught principles today with Danny Ainge, one of Red's "gets" back in the heyday.

Red got a lot of "gets".

Somehow, he got Bill Russell.

He took advantage of an NBA rule to draft Larry Bird while he was still in college.

He got Ainge out of a failed baseball career.

He got Dennis Johnson for nothing from Seattle.

He got Robert Parrish and a draft pick, that turned out to be Kevin McHale, for nothing from Golden State.

Even before he joined the Celtics, he was a successful coach for the Washington Capitols.

In 1946, the team had a 17 game winning steak, which was a record that stood for 23 years, in its inaugural season.

The 1948-49 season saw the Capitols start the season by winning a record 15 games in a row. This record still stands today, and is with the 1993-94 Houston Rockets.

The list goes on and on regarding Red's impact both on and off the court.


If Len Bias wasn't murdered, Boston would have ruled the NBA another decade and we never would talk about the Bulls or Pistons.

Those teams would probably had fallen next to Dominique's Hawks teams, and Moncrief's Bucks teams as teams that just fell short.


Jackson? He had GM's build his teams that were groomed by knowledgeable coaches, then let Tex coach the teams the triangle offense.

Tex prefers anonymity, so we have had the media mislead us into reading Jackson is some Zen master when all he really ever has been is a detached baby sitter of monsters created for him.
LOL at the comeback..."Oh yeah...well Phil Jackson was never a GM!!!"

There is so much incorrect information in that, it's hilarious. I can't wait until we pass the Celtics for most championships all time.

Tell your buddy that every title that Auerbach won as a coach was when there was less than 10 teams in the league.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Interesting twitter by Amare...

Amare wants to be a Laker for less

"Breaking News! Amar'e Stoudemire to the Lakers!! He might take less money to win a championship."


wtf?

lmao Amare will never be a Laker.

Breaking News! Amar'e is a freaking idiot!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL at the comeback..."Oh yeah...well Phil Jackson was never a GM!!!"

There is so much incorrect information in that, it's hilarious. I can't wait until we pass the Celtics for most championships all time.

Tell your buddy that every title that Auerbach won as a coach was when there was less than 10 teams in the league.

Quote:
If Len Bias wasn't murdered, Boston would have ruled the NBA another decade and we never would talk about the Bulls or Pistons.

Damn that cocaine! Always murdering folk!

I'm as big a Phil hater as there is, but that list is just retarded.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
u guys ready?

40 minutes!!!
Originally posted by 49erWill:
u guys ready?

Sadly no .

Hypothetically speaking, if we were to lose both Ariza and Odom due to free-agency then I just can't see the Lake-show making it back to the finals next year. Teams such as the Spurs, Magic, and the Cavs have added pieces that made them better (on paper for now), whereas there is a really good chance that we'll be not as good as last year,that's if Odom and Ariza leave. With the addition of new players by those teams, they MIGHT be better then us. I'm really hoping that Kupchak(sp) and Buss will work their magic and somehow re-sign both Ariza and Odom.
Everyone will be back. I feel pretty confident about that.
Kobe to sign an additional 3 year extension on top of his current 2 year deal in july per LA times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe-bryant1-2009jul01,0,5024600.story

[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jun 30, 2009 at 20:33:46 ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Kobe to sign an additional 3 year extension on top of his current 2 year deal in july per LA times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe-bryant1-2009jul01,0,5024600.story

Quote:
Dude from LG
I believe Kobe is taking a paycut if he signs a 3 year extension in July instead of opting out. The three year extension is worth $80-85 million and he currently has two years and $47.5 million. That is basically a 5 year deal worth less than $132 million. Appears a bit less than the 5 year $135 million he could have had. Seems like small potatoes, but I think it could put a little more cash in Lamar and Trevor's contracts.

Link to LA Times story
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Kobe to sign an additional 3 year extension on top of his current 2 year deal in july per LA times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe-bryant1-2009jul01,0,5024600.story

Quote:
Dude from LG
I believe Kobe is taking a paycut if he signs a 3 year extension in July instead of opting out. The three year extension is worth $80-85 million and he currently has two years and $47.5 million. That is basically a 5 year deal worth less than $132 million. Appears a bit less than the 5 year $135 million he could have had. Seems like small potatoes, but I think it could put a little more cash in Lamar and Trevor's contracts.

Link to LA Times story

Do it Mitch!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com