LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Source: Rockets Turn Down Offer From Lakers

The Lakers contacted the Rockets about dealing for Jordan Farmar or purchasing their first-round pick.

Houston turned Los Angeles down, according to a pair of NBA sources.

The Lakers would be expected to get anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million for the 29th overall pick.

"Absolutely," general manager Mitch Kupchak said when asked if the club would considering dealing the selection. "Sure."

Damnit...I hope we were trying to make a move for Tracy...COME ON MITCH...DO SOMETHING FOR ME YOU PIECE OF s**t...

It's literally impossible for us to trade for McGrady unless we're dealing either Pau or Bynum.

And that means........GameOver for GameOver's hopes and dreams.

Damn the world...DAMN IT TO HELL...lol

In other news, for those who didnt know, the Wizards have always been my like 2nd favorite team to watch (because I love Hibachi and just cuz I enjoy seeing Caron knowing he could have been wearing Laker purple and gold...but if the Wolves dont trade 5 and 6...and get James Harden & Jonny Flynn...oh man...Im going to enjoy nutting watching those 2 play together...I played with and against Harden a few times, he went to school down in southern cali...I saw him play twice over at the Honda Center, once with Mater Dei and once with Artesia I believe...the kid is amazing...Ive said it before and Ill say it again, as much as Gerald Henderson (or whatever his name is, the kid from Duke) reminds me of Kobe, James reminds me of that Magic Johnson/LeBot James type player with his physique and skill set...only human of course...
calathes and mills still there
So they've traded their late 1st and mid 2nd for lower picks and ca$h. It's all about the money to re-sign both Ariza and Odom.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
So they've traded their late 1st and mid 2nd for lower picks and ca$h. It's all about the money to re-sign both Ariza and Odom.

Buss you are so cheap...just fork over the cash dude...bad enough ticket prices or what they are...
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I like trading the picks away...those rooks probably wouldnt make the roster anyway.

Plus we may be able to use those to move up in future drafts

Patty Mills would have definitely made the roster.
Chinemelu!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I like trading the picks away...those rooks probably wouldnt make the roster anyway.

Well we got a s**t load of PGs as is...but he would have made Farmar+future 1st rounder very expendable and good looking...

Kupchak said that we probably won't carry more than 13 players into the season.

1) Kobe
2) Pau
3) Odom
4) Bynum
5) Ariza
6) Fisher
7) Walton
8) Farmar
9) Brown
10) Sasha
11) Mbenga
12) Powell
13) Morrison
I was thinkin about this... one more off-season for Bynum to get better and actually be more of a force than he was in the finals. Hopefully his offense improves as well as his defense. Hopefully his foul trouble problems go away.
I was thinkin about this... one more off-season for Bynum to get better and actually be more of a force than he was in the finals. Hopefully his offense improves as well as his defense. Hopefully his foul trouble problems go away.

I don't think Bynum ever fully recovered. The Lakers have a lot invested in this kid and he needs to show that 2007-8 wasn't a fluke...

Originally posted by 49ermark:

I don't think Bynum ever fully recovered. The Lakers have a lot invested in this kid and he needs to show that 2007-8 wasn't a fluke...

He definitely wasn't 100%.

It will be nice to see him at 100% next season.

for what..? he sucks anyways
Originally posted by MaNnY09:

for what..? he sucks anyways

Did you watch him last year before his his injury? I wouldn't say he sucks, he's a starting center for the Lakers...now you on the other hand, I could throw that term around.
Did some research...going to propose another idea to the crowd here...

Obviously resigning Trev and LO are #1 priorities, once we get that out of the way...how about we work out a sign and trade?

Apparently Farmar+Morrison is 9 million dollars contract wise...we dangle that, along with some future picks...maybe we try to get Sheed/Hedo? Farmar and Morrison are both restricted FAs next summer too...and Detroit does want LeBot...so its basically just dead weight on your roster and you'll then go ahead and not make offers to em and go get LeBot...plus you got some future picks outta the whole ordeal...

I honestly dont know how Sheed would fit in the whole mix...lol, but he helps, itd make either him or Bynum come off the bench and could then let LO get some time at SF since Phil loves going LO-Bynum in the 2nd quarter and now he can go Bynum-Sheed-LO and just never have to play Luke Walton more than like 10 minutes a game ever...if the mofo is still even on the roster...

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Trevor Ariza
PF Pau Gasol/Rasheed Wallace*
C Andrew Bynum/Pau Gasol*
*pending how Phil wants to play this

This...would make us...amazing...and Im sure Sheed wouldnt mind playing with us...he wants a championship contender...true he said in the East...but I dont think he'll mind a move to Los Angeles...

Im just thinking outloud...by no means am I saying this happens or we are even LOOKING to do this...but its just something interesting to think about...dream about...jizz in your pants about...
Share 49ersWebzone