There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Mitch jus said that bringing back Lamar, Trevor and Shannon was "unlikely"

He said that he wants to keep this team intact and will tell Jerry Buss & the Buss family that when they meet in the next 7-10 days. He is hopeful that Buss will authorize spending money to keep Odom, Ariza, & Brown, but think it's unlikely. The ball is in Buss' court.

That being said, from what I'm reading, Portland's looking to go hard after Ariza. They'd like to dump Outlaw and would like Ariza as their SF if they can't sign Hedo. I like Trevor a lot, but if we're talking $7M+.....see ya. We could go after either Ron Artest of Shawn Marion for the MLE (about $5.5M per year). What Ariza does for us isn't THAT hard to find.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT MY f**kING TREVORRR!!!!!!
Originally posted by GameOver:

He said that he wants to keep this team intact and will tell Jerry Buss & the Buss family that when they meet in the next 7-10 days. He is hopeful that Buss will authorize spending money to keep Odom, Ariza, & Brown, but think it's unlikely. The ball is in Buss' court.

That being said, from what I'm reading, Portland's looking to go hard after Ariza. They'd like to dump Outlaw and would like Ariza as their SF if they can't sign Hedo. I like Trevor a lot, but if we're talking $7M+.....see ya. We could go after either Ron Artest of Shawn Marion for the MLE (about $5.5M per year). What Ariza does for us isn't THAT hard to find.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT MY f**kING TREVORRR!!!!!!

Let's not freak out until he is actually gone.

Damn you Pete, dont mentoin Ron Ron leaving Houston for LA.

Anyway, he would be a great pick up for any team, but would Kobe ok the move for Artest, also im hearing that he(Artest) might comand more than the MLE, not sure if true, just what i read on the Rockets MB on espn.com.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Anyway, he would be a great pick up for any team, but would Kobe ok the move for Artest, also im hearing that he(Artest) might comand more than the MLE, not sure if true, just what i read on the Rockets MB on espn.com.

I was just throwing those names out there as guys that can do what Ariza does for cheaper, and who are better overall players.

As for Artest...I doubt he commands more than the MLE from any of the teams with cap space. There are only about 5 teams that fit that description, and have other options available that they'd go after before Artest.

Kobe would definitely okay Artest. Kobe respects Artest's competitiveness, and they're supposedly friends off of the court. Just because they were all up on each other in the 2nd Round isn't a bad thing. Just two competitors going at it.

I was just throwing those names out there as guys that can do what Ariza does for cheaper, and who are better overall players.

As for Artest...I doubt he commands more than the MLE from any of the teams with cap space. There are only about 5 teams that fit that description, and have other options available that they'd go after before Artest.

Kobe would definitely okay Artest. Kobe respects Artest's competitiveness, and they're supposedly friends off of the court. Just because they were all up on each other in the 2nd Round isn't a bad thing. Just two competitors going at it.

Yeah, i think it was mainly rockets fans saying he'd get a 3yr 30m deal, which is outrageous, i really hope he take the MLE or whatever to re-sign with us, Houston needs him. Especially if TMAC is traded, which is possible.

Yeah, i think it was mainly rockets fans saying he'd get a 3yr 30m deal, which is outrageous, i really hope he take the MLE or whatever to re-sign with us, Houston needs him. Especially if TMAC is traded, which is possible.

Come to LA Tracy...you'd look good in purple and gold too...
if trevor leaves we wont win the championship next year
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

C'mon man, you're embarrassing yourself with all that.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ummm, he's right. The Lakers were the worst team to win it all in recent memory (barr the 06 Heat). If the Magic hadnt choked, Kobe would probably be crying about finding a way out of LA right now........
And ZRF goes fishing in Other Sports...

guys I would not mind seeing replaced.

Sasha
Walton

and to a lesser extent Fish
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Ummm, he's right. The Lakers were the worst team to win it all in recent memory (barr the 06 Heat). If the Magic hadnt choked, Kobe would probably be crying about finding a way out of LA right now........

Originally posted by ZRF80:

-9fA

relax dood
Originally posted by danimal:
guys I would not mind seeing replaced.

Sasha
Walton
Morrison
Mbenga

and to a lesser extent Fish
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com