There are 148 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

• Dino
  • Veteran
Dwight Howard Arrives to Camp Bigger, Expects to Be Better

Magic center Dwight Howard, already the best big man in basketball, is going to be even better this season.

Howard has come to training camp with another 10 pounds of muscle on his well-muscled frame, up to 275 pounds. He also believes his 59 percent free throw percentage -- his only serious flaw -- will rise to 70 percent after a summer of sharpening his shot.

Quote:
"I'm going to be better this season,'' he said. "We're going to be better. We fell short last season. We just want to win a championship now.''

Quote:
"My problem is not post moves because you can have a million of them, and if you get double- and triple-teamed, you can't get them off,'' he said. "It's about being smarter and knowing when to pass out of them. It's about putting the ball in the basket, however it gets there.''

these smileys are for pants....

link
Quote:
"My problem is not post moves because you can have a million of them, and if you get double- and triple-teamed, you can't get them off,'' he said. "It's about being smarter and knowing when to pass out of them. It's about putting the ball in the basket, however it gets there.''

Wow. He doesn't get it.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by jrg:

What a class guy Adonal is. I was just at his house for a wedding this past Saturday and brought my 9 yr old son along. A buddy of mine is good friends with Adonal and told him that my son's been wanting his autograph. Not only did he get the autograph, but Adonal was kidding with him a lot because my son was visibly nervous as it was his first interaction with a pro athlete. I cannot say enough good things about Adonal.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Quote:

Wow. He doesn't get it.

That's what I was thinking too. Yes, Dwight, you CAN have a million of them. You have one, so you need more.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Quote:

Wow. He doesn't get it.

That's what I was thinking too. Yes, Dwight, you CAN have a million of them. You have one, so you need more.

didnt you guys read he upped his steroid intake he is up 10 pounds, who needs moves when you can just plow through everybody
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Quote:

Wow. He doesn't get it.

Word. I've seen about 3 moves max... And he doesn't even do those consistently.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:

Wow. He doesn't get it.

didnt you guys read he upped his steroid intake he is up 10 pounds, who needs moves when you can just plow through everybody

Go away.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Orlando general manager Otis Smith only had to look at the Eastern Conference championship banner that hangs above the team's practice facility if he had any regrets about overhauling a roster that got the Magic to the NBA final last season.

Just another sign that Orlando wasn't good enough.

Smith had a summer full of bold moves for a team fresh off a final appearance - moves that will either be a big payoff or just a big bust for the Magic. Orlando's architect isn't backing down from his decisions, arguing change is necessary to remain a contender.

Quote:
"Mark my words right now: When we win the NBA championship, the chances are pretty good, almost guaranteed, that I'm going to change the roster again," Smith said.

"So write it down right now. It's probably going to happen again."

link

Share 49ersWebzone