There are 212 users in the forums

Marquez vs Mayweather

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i have a feeling Mayweather is gonna retire again.......

nope don't think so one of the main reason for his come back is to prove that he is still the best pound for pound fighter. I think after beating or losing to pacquiao that is the time when he will finally retires and probably come back again later on.
Originally posted by nothing03:

nope don't think so one of the main reason for his come back is to prove that he is still the best pound for pound fighter. I think after beating or losing to pacquiao that is the time when he will finally retires and probably come back again later on.

in some of his previous interviews he was saying that Marquez is better than Pacquiao.

and in yet another interview he said in response to being asked if he wanted to fight Pac if he beats Marquez..... "I already have a couple of mansions." and.. "I already have enough cars."

So, in his twisted mind, he feels he's better than Pacquiao, and the best P4P because he beat the guy that's "better" than Pacquiao and has nothing else to prove and might retire again. I really hope Pac vs Mayweather happens though.....

also, he's already said he doesn't wanna fight Mosley because he "has 5 losses." I hope Mosley vs Mayweather happens too.

if you search espn.com you can find the interviews. it's with him and Brian Kenny.
ha........

hahahaha.............

bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaLOLZROFL I told you so x1000000000000000....

Ha. Ha.
Originally posted by nothing03:

in some of his previous interviews he was saying that Marquez is better than Pacquiao.

and in yet another interview he said in response to being asked if he wanted to fight Pac if he beats Marquez..... "I already have a couple of mansions." and.. "I already have enough cars."

So, in his twisted mind, he feels he's better than Pacquiao, and the best P4P because he beat the guy that's "better" than Pacquiao and has nothing else to prove and might retire again. I really hope Pac vs Mayweather happens though.....

also, he's already said he doesn't wanna fight Mosley because he "has 5 losses." I hope Mosley vs Mayweather happens too.

if you search espn.com you can find the interviews. it's with him and Brian Kenny.
We will see in november especially if Pacquiao wins. Especially a lot of people will forget about him and will be talking about pacquiao being the best. We all know Mayweather is attention whore and will be encourage to fight that the media are proclaiming the best and not him.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why was triple h standing behind mayweather?

He's half black you didn't know that? Mayweather put on clinic last nite against smaller
fighter that he can bully.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Mayweather fought a smaller, older and much much slower fighter.
Mayweather is still over rated in my eyes, his defense is superb and thats it.

overrated?? I don't get why, no matter what mayweather does, he never gains respect. There is nothing that is overrated about him except his mouth! His technique is perfect, he was too quick and dominated!
I look at it like this;

Yes Marquez is 37, but aside from all of that;

-Many believe Marquez beat Pacquio in their last bought

-If Ployd' easily won Marquez............would Ployd dominate Pac?

Either way ,I'm betting on Ployd , because I work with some Pinoys so the opportunity is there lol
First off, I'm a Pacquiao fan and will ALWAYS root for him. With that in mind, I would like Mayweather better if he wasn't so arrogant, rude and a trash-talker. It makes me respect Pac-man even more that he's humble and respectful.

I'm not surprised they had trouble selling out this fight. Although I was rooting for Marquez, you could tell by the 2nd rd knockdown that Mayweather was the superior fighter.

If he really wants to gain respect from many boxing fans, he needs to fight Pacquiao who is at the peak of his career. But I just don't see that happening.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 20, 2009 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
First off, I'm a Pacquiao fan and will ALWAYS root for him. With that in mind, I would like Mayweather better if he wasn't so arrogant, rude and a trash-talker. It makes me respect Pac-man even more that he's humble and respectful.

I'm not surprised they had trouble selling out this fight. Although I was rooting for Marquez, you could tell by the 2nd rd knockdown that Mayweather was the superior fighter.

If he really wants to gain respect from many boxing fans, he needs to fight Pacquiao who is at the peak of his career. But I just don't see that happening.

You couldn't tell after the 1st round when Marquez was missing his punches by a long shot and Mayweather was already establishing his left jab

Mayweather ducks legitimate cats or just waits until they get older.

Just fight Pacquio you little pus*y.

And pay your damn taxes lol

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Mayweather ducks legitimate cats or just waits until they get older.

Just fight Pacquio you little pus*y.

And pay your damn taxes lol

its his camp who doesnt let him fight the real competition. All Mayweather cares about is getting paid.

He wont fight Paul Williams, Pac, or Mosley.

No one will fight Paul Williams bc he is the best
I thought De La Hoya did a great job promoting the fight.

Floyd's mouth didn't hurt either

Now for another big fight I'm waiting on !

Arreola vs Klitchko for the Heavyweight Championship!

• titan
  • Veteran
Mayweather didn't beat anybody! that was just a shell of the old Marquez that we know! a 36 year old man moving up in weight to fight a natural faster,bigger,younger fighter. In all reality if it wasn't for Pacmans Speed,heart, and detrmination his size would be considered a mismatch for floyd.
Originally posted by titan:
Mayweather didn't beat anybody! that was just a shell of the old Marquez that we know! a 36 year old man moving up in weight to fight a natural faster,bigger,younger fighter. In all reality if it wasn't for Pacmans Speed,heart, and detrmination his size would be considered a mismatch for floyd.

But he did make Marquez (who is known for good speed) look super slow
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by titan:

But he did make Marquez (who is known for good speed) look super slow

yes to an extent because he is fighting floyd who is extremely fast and also because marquez went up in weight a lot for this fight than usual.
Share 49ersWebzone