There are 153 users in the forums

World cup qualifiers

• dman
  • Veteran
I cant wait for the draw tomorrow!

• NickV
  • Veteran
This older Portuguese man swears that Portugal is going to be in a group with U.S.A, England and Cameroon. It's already been decided he says lol

That would be a crazy tough group though.
Originally posted by NickV:
This older Portuguese man swears that Portugal is going to be in a group with U.S.A, England and Cameroon. It's already been decided he says lol

That would be a crazy tough group though.

USA
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:
I cant wait for the draw tomorrow!

*lick lick lick*
I hope mexico does not land in the group of death.
I don't root for any countries rather I root for my favorite club players and since most of them are on spain I root for them...

Lets go Benzema, Kaka, Sergio Ramos, C. Renaldo, Iker Casillas, Xabi Alonzo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy!!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I don't root for any countries rather I root for my favorite club players and since most of them are on spain I root for them...

Lets go Benzema, Kaka, Sergio Ramos, C. Renaldo, Iker Casillas, Xabi Alonzo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy!!

What the eff are you saying, man?!?
Look at this stat I came across:

Quote:

American soccer fans are excited (about the upcoming World Cup). According to organizers' latest figures, 84,103 of 674,403 tickets sold thus far have gone to the U.S., the most of any country outside the host. The United Kingdom has the next most at 48,388.

And they say the sport isn't popular here.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Quote:

American soccer fans are excited (about the upcoming World Cup). According to organizers' latest figures, 84,103 of 674,403 tickets sold thus far have gone to the U.S., the most of any country outside the host. The United Kingdom has the next most at 48,388.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the ticket purchasers rooted for another team. Just sayin...

And the sport isn't popular here because we are not exposed to the beautiful game in all it's glory. We have the MLS.

Watching the MLS is like watching a division III NCAA basketball game in comparison to the NBA.

It's hard to relate to teams that are on the other side of the globe for the majority of people. I'm a big Real Madrid fan, but it's just hard to keep up with them. As much as I'd like to, I just don't feel as connected to them like I do with the Niners, or the Kings.

The MLS isn't gonna win the casual fan over.

Quote:

There are so many people in the US that root for their home teams, (italians, brazilians, english, french, mexicans), and it really doesnt go the other way around.

• Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the ticket purchasers rooted for another team. Just sayin...

And the sport isn't popular here because we are not exposed to the beautiful game in all it's glory. We have the MLS.

Watching the MLS is like watching a division III NCAA basketball game in comparison to the NBA.

It's hard to relate to teams that are on the other side of the globe for the majority of people. I'm a big Real Madrid fan, but it's just hard to keep up with them. As much as I'd like to, I just don't feel as connected to them like I do with the Niners, or the Kings.

The MLS isn't gonna win the casual fan over.

I agree with you for the most part. I'm a fan of American Soccer, so I support MLS as I realize the US National Team needs it to develop American players. Watching the games, though, is pretty tough, especially when I can't watch the Earthquakes (or the Timbers when they come in) on a regular basis.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Draw is going on right now, nothing has happened yet though ...

Have a look-see: http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html

Or put it on ESPN2.
  • dman
  • Veteran

Or put it on ESPN2.

Some of us are at work

Anyways can't go wrong with Charlize and soccer clips but lets pick the groups already.
Oh lord, please draw the USA into group A!!!
Share 49ersWebzone