There are 171 users in the forums

World cup qualifiers

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Hey I'm Irish and i know there is zero chance of a replay happening but i just hope Henry breaks his leg at the world cup or something. He unfairly breaks the hearts of millions of Irish people, i think a broken leg would be a start for what he did.

athletes do it all the time. Get over yourself, your team played well, take pride in that.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Hey I'm Irish and i know there is zero chance of a replay happening but i just hope Henry breaks his leg at the world cup or something. He unfairly breaks the hearts of millions of Irish people, i think a broken leg would be a start for what he did.

athletes do it all the time. Get over yourself, your team played well, take pride in that.

Agreed .. wishing harm on a player isnt right .. refs fault anyways.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

haha and people say stuff exactly what i just did all the time. I wonder how many millions and millions of people have wished harm upon Barry Bonds or countless other examples. Why don't you step off the pedestal and get over yourself.

haha and people say stuff exactly what i just did all the time. I wonder how many millions and millions of people have wished harm upon Barry Bonds or countless other examples. Why don't you step off the pedestal and get over yourself.

you just sound like a whiny fool.

henry didn't do anything wrong, if anything be mad at the ref.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

If complaining that there were; 2 players offside and he handled the ball twice (both of which were absolutely clear cut calls) which cost us qualification to a tournament held only once every 4 years then yeah im whining.

But hey if 49ers football season happened only once every 4 years and we lost arguably the biggest game of the year based on 2 horrible horrible calls you wouldn't complain one bit.

If complaining that there were; 2 players offside and he handled the ball twice (both of which were absolutely clear cut calls) which cost us qualification to a tournament held only once every 4 years then yeah im whining.

But hey if 49ers football season happened only once every 4 years and we lost arguably the biggest game of the year based on 2 horrible horrible calls you wouldn't complain one bit.

theres nothin you can do, I just don't see why you hold him responsible. he did what he had to do to win.

theres nothin you can do, I just don't see why you hold him responsible. he did what he had to do to win.

Geez. If something similar happened to the Niners, you and the whole webzone would be up in arms all week, or month even. Just let him be.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Geez. If something similar happened to the Niners, you and the whole webzone would be up in arms all week, or month even. Just let him be.

If he wants to whine on a fan board, he opens himself to criticism.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

If he wants to whine on a fan board, he opens himself to criticism.

Damn it's gonna be 4yrs since me and IDcrisis went at eachother's throat during the last world cup kakakakkaka~ now we're good buddies. Who knows, ID and n00b over there wil be friends in 4yrs too
  • NickV
  • Veteran
We took the long way there...but we are going!

See you guys in june!

Chile faces expulsion.

ASUNCION, Paraguay — Chile could be kicked out of the World Cup unless Chilean club Rangers drops a court case by Dec. 3 contesting its disputed demotion to the second division of the national soccer league.

CONMEBOL, the governing body of South American soccer, said Thursday it was notified by FIFA about the possible sanction.

Rangers were deducted three points for using six foreign players – the limit is five – in a league match on Nov. 8. The three points cost them relegation to the second division, and last week they appealed the case to a Chilean court.
I think I read that that whole deal was all settled and they didn't get kicked out of the world cup.
The FIFA Organising Committee approved today the procedure for the Final Draw of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, which will be held in Cape Town on Friday 4 December. The seeding was based on the October 2009 FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (which you can see by clicking on the link to the right), and Brazil, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina and England are therefore the seven squads that join hosts South Africa as seeded teams for the Final Draw.
Link
Originally posted by rigs49:
The FIFA Organising Committee approved today the procedure for the Final Draw of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, which will be held in Cape Town on Friday 4 December. The seeding was based on the October 2009 FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (which you can see by clicking on the link to the right), and Brazil, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina and England are therefore the seven squads that join hosts South Africa as seeded teams for the Final Draw.
Link

Is South Africa being seeded homerism, or is it actually deserved?

I haven't followed football lately, but I can't remember South Africa ever being a powerhouse. Change of times?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Link

Is South Africa being seeded homerism, or is it actually deserved?

I haven't followed football lately, but I can't remember South Africa ever being a powerhouse. Change of times?

-9fA

Host country. They get a seed. weird, yes, deserving no....but, thats the way it is
Share 49ersWebzone