LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

World cup qualifiers

^^ Unbelievable. I didn't see it, but I heard he was offside, too.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Wow, what a NON-CALL thats saved Frances' Ass....

I would expect more from Henry

when it comes down to it, he wants to win. say what you want about morals etc. its the refs job to call the rules not his.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Wow, what a NON-CALL thats saved Frances' Ass....

I would expect more from Henry

More from Henry? How? He's doing what he has to do... whether a ref calls him on it, it's not up to him.

Has anybody made an off-side goal, realized it and said no, don't count it?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'm Irish and am close to being heartbroken from that game. Not only was there a handball, but a French player was offside too. I can accept losing but not when there were two missed calls to end of chances
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm Irish and am close to being heartbroken from that game. Not only was there a handball, but a French player was offside too. I can accept losing but not when there were two missed calls to end of chances

I was rooting for France but I did not want it to happen like that ... be proud of your boys they played really well.

And nice of Henry to be honest and admit the handball.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Ireland files a complaint with FIFA demanding a replay of that game ... not gonna happen.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Man, that totally blows for Ireland.

There can be no replay of the game. Thats the way it went, the ref called it a goal making it a goal. Games are not determined by the rules, they are determined by the enforcement of the rules and every game has its variables (a bit more extreme in this case) but still, you can't ask for a replay just because you don't like the way he scored the goal.

I am completely unbiased here as well, maybe even a little more of a fan of the Irish.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
There can be no replay of the game. Thats the way it went, the ref called it a goal making it a goal. Games are not determined by the rules, they are determined by the enforcement of the rules and every game has its variables (a bit more extreme in this case) but still, you can't ask for a replay just because you don't like the way he scored the goal.

I am completely unbiased here as well, maybe even a little more of a fan of the Irish.

Ya bad calls happen all the time.

My Italian friend hates the French and hes having a fit about this ... I told him they should replay the '06 World Cup game in which his player dove in the box vs. Australia to win a penalty (which is worse that what Henry did).

This stuff happens ... sorry Ireland.
Originally posted by dman:

My Italian friend hates the French and hes having a fit about this ... I told him they should replay the '06 World Cup game in which his player dove in the box vs. Australia to win a penalty (which is worse that what Henry did).

thats a load.

• dman
  • Veteran

thats a load.

LOL ok

thats a load.

LOL ok

how is it worse? its the exact same thing, no call was made. Acting is perfectly legitimate it goes on in all sports.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Looks like the Irish FA requested a rematch of the second leg. I doubt the French will go for it, though.
Originally posted by Riot:
Looks like the Irish FA requested a rematch of the second leg. I doubt the French will go for it, though.

sorry wont happen for the entire discussion above.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Hey I'm Irish and i know there is zero chance of a replay happening but i just hope Henry breaks his leg at the world cup or something. He unfairly breaks the hearts of millions of Irish people, i think a broken leg would be a start for what he did.
Share 49ersWebzone