There are 227 users in the forums

2009 NBA Finals thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
^ I kinda feel bad for Adam Morrision. He does get a ring but he doesn't even play a second since being traded. Why doesn't Phil ever play him, I mean he can't just plain out suck big time or does he not know the triangle yet?

That's not true. He played here and there in the regular season. Once or twice in the first half. Although mostly it was garbage time he saw.

He only played in 3 games didnt he? Averaged like 1.8ppg or something.

I'm really not sure, but I'm positive he played more than once. I specifically remember the crowd urging him to jack it up.

On October 21, 2007, the Charlotte Bobcats announced that Morrison had sustained a severe injury to his left knee in a pre-season exhibition game against the L.A. Lakers while defending Luke Walton, bending his knee laterally and falling to the ground in pain. An MRI scan performed after the game indicated a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). On November 10 Morrison underwent surgery to repair the damage. The injury was confirmed to be a torn ACL requiring several months of physical therapy after the knee has healed, meaning he missed the whole 2007-08 NBA season.

On February 7, 2009, Adam Morrison, along with Shannon Brown, was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers for Vladimir Radmanović. Bobcat coach Larry Brown reported that the main reason Morrison was traded was that he could not handle the pressure associated with being chosen third overall and as such he did not want to stay in Charlotte. Brown said other factors such as a Bobcat glut at the guard and small forward positions and recovery from a knee injury were secondary to how expectations "rattled" Morrison.

Damn, I didnt know he got injured defending Luke Walton

He averaged 1.3 ppg with the lakers and his last three games were against: the Clippers, he Kings, and the Grizzlies. He didnt score in either so he obviously played more than 3 games. My bad.

Yeah, when Luke Walton's crossover can tear ligaments in your knee, perhaps you should consider a career change.

Luke Walton got some skills.
Originally posted by Fhysical:
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
^ I kinda feel bad for Adam Morrision. He does get a ring but he doesn't even play a second since being traded. Why doesn't Phil ever play him, I mean he can't just plain out suck big time or does he not know the triangle yet?

That's not true. He played here and there in the regular season. Once or twice in the first half. Although mostly it was garbage time he saw.

He only played in 3 games didnt he? Averaged like 1.8ppg or something.

I'm really not sure, but I'm positive he played more than once. I specifically remember the crowd urging him to jack it up.

On October 21, 2007, the Charlotte Bobcats announced that Morrison had sustained a severe injury to his left knee in a pre-season exhibition game against the L.A. Lakers while defending Luke Walton, bending his knee laterally and falling to the ground in pain. An MRI scan performed after the game indicated a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). On November 10 Morrison underwent surgery to repair the damage. The injury was confirmed to be a torn ACL requiring several months of physical therapy after the knee has healed, meaning he missed the whole 2007-08 NBA season.

On February 7, 2009, Adam Morrison, along with Shannon Brown, was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers for Vladimir Radmanović. Bobcat coach Larry Brown reported that the main reason Morrison was traded was that he could not handle the pressure associated with being chosen third overall and as such he did not want to stay in Charlotte. Brown said other factors such as a Bobcat glut at the guard and small forward positions and recovery from a knee injury were secondary to how expectations "rattled" Morrison.

Damn, I didnt know he got injured defending Luke Walton

He averaged 1.3 ppg with the lakers and his last three games were against: the Clippers, he Kings, and the Grizzlies. He didnt score in either so he obviously played more than 3 games. My bad.

Yeah, when Luke Walton's crossover can tear ligaments in your knee, perhaps you should consider a career change.

Luke Walton got some skills.

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by BamBam49er:
just weird seeing adam morrison with a ring...just...weird. like how sam cassel got a ring with the celts last year

At least Cassell played a little, and provided some kind of veteran leadership. Morrison should be toweling off Phil's balls to earn that ring.

still, cassell's a f**king alien and that's all he could do? c'mon...
  • dman
  • Veteran

Back to Back!
Originally posted by dman:

Back to Back!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Aw..dude...come on...

• jrg
  • Veteran

Now, I AM getting up to get a beer.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Not meant to rub it in your face ... we respect you and your team.

This meant for all those Lakers hating c***s out there, not you jrg.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Oh, I know..just really...really...bad memories.

Wha?? Great memories, man. Shooooot. Good times!!!

If this was Good Times, here's to hoping that next year is Three's Company.

If this was Good Times, here's to hoping that next year is Three's Company.

And hopefully someday it will be Eight is Enough!!
Share 49ersWebzone