LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Sean May, what a disappointment. He had more hype coming out of high school than Chris Bosh. And I had such high hopes for him after he dominated college. He won me $500 bucks in the 2005 Tournament.

But he just wouldn't stop eating. Ugh.
Originally posted by crzy:
Sean May, what a disappointment. He had more hype coming out of high school than Chris Bosh. And I had such high hopes for him after he dominated college. He won me $500 bucks in the 2005 Tournament.

But he just wouldn't stop eating. Ugh.

give him a chance
Sean May, what a disappointment. He had more hype coming out of high school than Chris Bosh. And I had such high hopes for him after he dominated college. He won me $500 bucks in the 2005 Tournament. But he just wouldn't stop eating. Ugh.

yea im not a huge fan of it but oh well, its a one year deal so no real risk.
Schedule was released today. we start out with 3 road games, but in november we have 9 home games and only 4 road games. we also play some bad teams in that time frame so we have a chance to start out well imo. lebron comes to arco on my bday so ill be there for that one. we play the lakers on new years day and the day after christmas. only 19 back to backs after a few years with 22 each season.
Also, 5 of last 6 games at home. Perfect for our playoff push
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Sean May, what a disappointment. He had more hype coming out of high school than Chris Bosh. And I had such high hopes for him after he dominated college. He won me $500 bucks in the 2005 Tournament. But he just wouldn't stop eating. Ugh.

I see a BIG risk. This has Beno Udrih written all over it.

May comes in, plays decent to good. Petrie gives him full MLE next year. May gains 300 pounds.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

I see a BIG risk. This has Beno Udrih written all over it.

May comes in, plays decent to good. Petrie gives him full MLE next year. May gains 300 pounds.

Ouch. Lets hope that having other PFs on the roster keeps that from happening. Of course they could always use the excuse that he's a center which would be twice as bad.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

haha this!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
haha this!
double this. i dont see why its not possible though. i only see 5 playoff locks in the west in la, sa, dal, den, and portland. were more talented than the team played last year. jt and hawes is a pretty good front court imo, and if reke has a good rookie year alongside kmart we could be dangerous.

i think were a battier or prince away from a good starting 5, but at thd same time i think noc and cisco are fringe starters. off the bench i think were like a keon clark or chris anderson type of backup 4/5 and maybe a jim jackson type of player.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Aug 5, 2009 at 02:54:19 ]

Originally posted by marshniners24:
haha this!
double this. i dont see why its not possible though. i only see 5 playoff locks in the west in la, sa, dal, den, and portland. were more talented than the team played last year. jt and hawes is a pretty good front court imo, and if reke has a good rookie year alongside kmart we could be dangerous.

i think were a battier or prince away from a good starting 5, but at thd same time i think noc and cisco are fringe starters. off the bench i think were like a keon clark or chris anderson type of backup 4/5 and maybe a jim jackson type of player.

Hey, I'm a fan. I never go into any season thinking it's not possible. I'm excited to see the young guys develop...can't wait for some basketball.
I really wanted Desmond Mason when we drafted Hedo back in the day. I was wrong.

Mason signs one-year deal with Kings

Deal is not guaranteed, for the league minimum. Not expecting much...

At the 2/3, we have Martin, Cisco, Nocioni, Greene, Casspi plus Evans can play the 2.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Evans is starting right off the bat right?

What does Westphal say about Evans?
Evans is starting right off the bat right?

What does Westphal say about Evans?

Maloof said Evans is starting right off the bat, but then Westphal came out and said not so fast. I think he just wants to make him earn it in camp, which I'm sure he will, especially with Beno being a little dinged up.

I think our only spot up for grabs is the 3 between Garcia and Nocioni.

Evans-Martin-SF-Thompson-Hawes
Welcome to sactown d-mase. i dont mind the signing. i think its cuz westphal drafted him in seattle, and hes going to bring some vet leadership. not expecting too much. the only thing i dont get is why petrie signed him as the fourteenth guy, when he stated a few days ago that he prefers a 13 man roster, and we already have a bunch of 2/3s. this may open up room for a 2 for 1 trade that could land us a back up big or something.
Share 49ersWebzone