LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

A little disappointed to pass on DeJuan Blair, but I obviously know nothing about Casspi.

My buddy called him Catpiss.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Tyreke Evans will win rookie of the year. Book it.
I like the Omri Casspi pick.
decent pick, wanted sam young but oh well

[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jun 25, 2009 at 19:00:11 ]
Very good draft for me by the Kings. I was for Rubio as well but have no problem with Evans. Those two were the guys I had my sights set on. Was a little concerned that if Rubio was drafted ahead of the Kings pick that they would have to "settle" for Evans. With both players available and Petrie going with Evans i feel confident that Petrie thought he was the better player.

Is the trade for Rodriguez a sure thing or just a rumor?
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Very good draft for me by the Kings. I was for Rubio as well but have no problem with Evans. Those two were the guys I had my sights set on. Was a little concerned that if Rubio was drafted ahead of the Kings pick that they would have to "settle" for Evans. With both players available and Petrie going with Evans i feel confident that Petrie thought he was the better player.

Confirmed.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Confirmed.

Cool. Thanks.
I hope we get Patrick Mills, that would make me really happy.
Wow! Jon Brockman with Mills still on the board? I guess it's ok and he will reunite with Hawes, but IDK not feeling this draft at all.

John Wall 2010
To be honest, not very excited about the draft after Evans. But I just don't know much about Casspi. Brockman is a bruiser. And let's hope Sergio Rodriguez is worth anything.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
How could you pass on Rubio? Two guards like Evans come in every draft, but pure passing PG's like Rubio don't come around often.

Rubio would have brought some buzz back to Sac and filled some seats.

[ Edited by Hopper on Jun 25, 2009 at 21:18:30 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
How could you pass on Rubio? Two guards like Evans come in every draft, but pure passing PG's like Rubio don't come around often.

yeah instead we get a bad PR guy relating to murder drive by, great move kings........ way to keep the franchise down.
Good day for the Kings. Drafted who some think is the second best player in the draft and who has tons of star potential, added a PG to push Beno (to the bench hopefully), and I really like Casspi. I think they did well, now just gotta wait and see.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

yeah instead we get a bad PR guy relating to murder drive by, great move kings........ way to keep the franchise down.

if you knew anything Rubio can not play defense and cannot shoot
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

if you knew anything Rubio can not play defense and cannot shoot

So he was like Tony Parker then...

Im a big anti-Rubio guy as well...but Im not a fan of Tyreke either, btu regardless, I would have gone Evans over Rubio as well...good pick, good luck the rest of the offseason...itd be nice to see Sacto become relevant again...for Lakers-King purposes...not like you didnt just beat us like 6 months ago or anything...lol
Share 49ersWebzone