There are 157 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Wow. Some serious hostility in here. Just had your hearts set on Rubio or what? No trust in Petrie's draft record? Hate Evans?

Got to love couch GM's
Wow. Some serious hostility in here. Just had your hearts set on Rubio or what? No trust in Petrie's draft record? Hate Evans?

evans is just another mccants, and rubio was a can't miss, and was no doubt the best point guard and his passing skills were legendary.
kings just lost 90 dollars from me, was about ready to order my rubio jersey.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

evans is just another mccants, and rubio was a can't miss, and was no doubt the best point guard and his passing skills were legendary.

And Rubio has been compared to Pistol Pete while Evans has been compared to Jerry f**kING Stackhouse. Yeah, great pick Petrie.
Originally posted by sfgip10:

And Rubio has been compared to Pistol Pete while Evans has been compared to Jerry f**kING Stackhouse. Yeah, great pick Petrie.

Yep. And those comparisons are always perfect. Why even scout a guy.

lol.....so if i compare Sun Yue to Magic johnson and Hasheem Thabeet to Olowokandi, that makes Sun Yue a better pick?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Pv5fHzP5Y

thanks alot maloof you are an idiot.

Al Davis looks like a genius compared to you!

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jun 25, 2009 at 17:53:03 ]

So you actually like this pick? I mean Evans is a good player but after a 17 win season you needed some excitement, a reason to go see the Kings. We would've had alot of Spanish press, ESPN wanting to see the ''next Pistol Pete, fans wanting to see what all the fuss about this guy who played in the Olympics at age 17 was.There would have been people from Spain voting Rubio in the All Star Game like China does to Yao. .We would have had a new face of the franchise, and the media coverage we needed and on top of it, he would have been a very good player. Now, We got Evans instead, Ok he's a good player, but who's going to come to ARCO just for him? Would ESPN want to televise his games just for HIM? Is is guy really the new face of the franchise? Will he get voted as much as Rubio into the All Star games?Cuz that's really just a popualarity contest. And do we have our future PG for the next 10-15 years who will lead us to the playoffs and maybe one day to the Finals? If he leads us anywhere it's probably to Las Vegas. Hopefully I'm wrong and regret this later, but for now I really don't like this pick.
I am actually higher on T Evans than I am on Rubio. I think that their upside is fairly equivalent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Pv5fHzP5Y

thanks alot maloof you are an idiot.

Al Davis looks like a genius compared to you!

It's not the Maloof's, it's Petire. The Maloofs wanted Rubio.

So you actually like this pick? I mean Evans is a good player but after a 17 win season you needed some excitement, a reason to go see the Kings. We would've had alot of Spanish press, ESPN wanting to see the ''next Pistol Pete, fans wanting to see what all the fuss about this guy who played in the Olympics at age 17 was.There would have been people from Spain voting Rubio in the All Star Game like China does to Yao. .We would have had a new face of the franchise, and the media coverage we needed and on top of it, he would have been a very good player. Now, We got Evans instead, Ok he's a good player, but who's going to come to ARCO just for him? Would ESPN want to televise his games just for HIM? Is is guy really the new face of the franchise? Will he get voted as much as Rubio into the All Star games?Cuz that's really just a popualarity contest. And do we have our future PG for the next 10-15 years who will lead us to the playoffs and maybe one day to the Finals? If he leads us anywhere it's probably to Las Vegas. Hopefully I'm wrong and regret this later, but for now I really don't like this pick.

typical move by the kings, ever since we lost game 7 to the lakers this franchise has gone down hill, i still dont know WTF the maloofs are trying to do, i was waiting for them to trade for rubio at some point, but i guess they dont intend on getting him afterall, not to mention twolves love the guy. Rubio wanted to be a king too is the sad part, you could see him smile after oklahoma pass on him, i really feel sorry for the guy, this is unforgivable, this move is going to go down in history when rubio becomes the next stockton. no way maloofs can ever explain this unless they trade for like kobe bryant or something i WILL NOT FORGIVE them for this , i am heart broken today and will go to sleep pissed.

You're allowed to not like the pick. I hear all your points. But the fact is, winning will bring the fans back. If Petrie thinks Evans is the best player, he's got to go with him. We need to field the best team possible, not the most flashy. If Evans shows up and starts playing like a superstar, people will come, and soon the team will win. How about Gilbert Arenas as a comparison for Evans? Would that be nice?

Nobody knows how this will shake out. But Evans, as a freshman, essentially playing out of position, led one of the best teams in the country. He's a ready defender with long arms. Strong. Gets to the rim. Scorer. I'm willing to give the guy a shot.

Now let's see what else we can add here. We've got Tyreke Evans and Sergio Rodriguez (23 years old, former first round PG) in the fold, and two picks to go. Let's see the body of work.
Would love to see DeJuan Blair fall to 23. 3 picks to go.
Stop hating on tyreke. he's the next penny hardaway and rubio is ridiculously overrated. so glad we passed on rubio.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Tyreke Evans is an incredible player. You guys got one of the best players in the draft.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 25, 2009 at 18:46:57 ]
Share 49ersWebzone