There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

Originally posted by Super9er81:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
ESPN Insider threw out this rumor today:

Rondo for #4 and Thompson or Hawes.

I'd probably eat my shoe if that happened.

I'm cool at #4. Trade down maybe. But don't wanna move up if it costs us JT or Spencer.

Agreed. I'm fine staying with the #4. If you want the number 4 and one of our bigs, you're gonna have to blow us away with your offer. Of course I'm not GP so who really knows what will happen, but thats the way that I see it.

Thompson and Hawes are Untouchable IMO, everyone else......take your pick.
Originally posted by rigs49:

I'm cool at #4. Trade down maybe. But don't wanna move up if it costs us JT or Spencer.

Agreed. I'm fine staying with the #4. If you want the number 4 and one of our bigs, you're gonna have to blow us away with your offer. Of course I'm not GP so who really knows what will happen, but thats the way that I see it.

i hate rondo
Hawes is going to be a really good player imo. Not sure about JT though... a lot of people hyped him up early, but I don't really see what others do... I mean, what does he really do good as a 4? I know he is young but he isn't really a powerful guy and his jump shot is alright... we'll see... Beno is the guy i honestly hate. The worst starting PG in basketball. The clips screwed us on that one... Petrie has been making horrible moves the last several years... also, i wanna see green play a lot more this year.
Not sure what people see in JT? Hmmm...12 and 8 with over 50% FG as a rookie starter. 6'11", 250 lbs. who runs the floor like a guard. Relentless effort on both ends of the court and on the glass. Range out to 18 feet. Great attitude and work ethic. Good touch around the basket, only getting better. And he turns 23 next month.
Not sure what people see in JT? Hmmm...12 and 8 with over 50% FG as a rookie starter. 6'11", 250 lbs. who runs the floor like a guard. Relentless effort on both ends of the court and on the glass. Range out to 18 feet. Great attitude and work ethic. Good touch around the basket, only getting better. And he turns 23 next month.

I like JT as well, but "untouchable" is going a bit far.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I like JT as well, but "untouchable" is going a bit far.

Maybe, especially on Hawes. It's not so much untouchable but saying he's the one guy we want to hold onto the most. I'd rather keep him over Martin who I find a bit overrated.
do you guys like Kenneth Thomas?

dude's been to my job twice in the last month.

He wasn't a cool dude to talk to, but he wasn't a dick either
Originally posted by rigs49:

Untouchable may not be the right word, but I don't see any team realistically offering up enough to make a deal. We have too much riding on those 2 guys to give them up for good players. Have to get a star back or no deal.

Good points... I think he is pretty good, but definently not untouchable... also, this is impossible to know for sure and might sound kind of unreasonable, but I don't think JT will get that much better. I hope so. I think he will be a solid backup in this league if he is on a good team...
Originally posted by Conejo:
do you guys like Kenneth Thomas?

dude's been to my job twice in the last month.

He wasn't a cool dude to talk to, but he wasn't a dick either

I've seen him in sac several times... he was at a club (avalon) about a year ago and was hammered. He was pissing in the bush around 2 when everyone was leaving... everybody was yelling and putting him on blast... seemed like a pretty cool guy, was shaking hands and talking to everyone who approached him... who wouldn't be cool if they got $9 mill a year to do nothing. What a damn good agent that guy has. He has really hampered our team financially.
Yeah, I didn't say JT is untouchable. But I'm not using him to move up two spots in the draft, that's for sure. I think he has plenty of developing to do and he's off to a great start.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Quote:
-The Sacramento Kings are doing their best to convince people that they have Tyreke Evans at the top of their board, even going as far as to tell Evans as much in their workout last week. Most NBA people we speak to believe that this is nothing more than them “blowing smoke" in order to give themselves a backup plan in case Rubio is gone at #2 or #3, and also to “stir the pot” amongst Rubio’s camp. The Kings would very likely want Rubio to work out for them rather than just conduct a meet and greet, but as of right now there are no plans for that.
Rubio may work out today. He arrived in town yesterday, had dinner with Petrie and co., and did some interviews. I've said I could go either way on him and I'm still that way, but the guy would be a rock star in Sac.

link to article/video interview
i want rubio soooo bad;;; i say we do whatever it takes to trade up to 2 to get him >
i say we get turk back too, i think he can opt out of his contract.