There are 198 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stephen Jackson wanting a trade is terrific news. We never should have gave him that extension in the first place. He got overpaid by our front office, and now he wants to jump ship. I wish him well. Our team will be better off in the long run.
I actually wouldn't mind trading Jackson for David Lee.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I actually wouldn't mind trading Jackson for David Lee.

1) Stephen Jackson won't get us David Lee.
2) If you sign and trade for David Lee than you have to pay him $10M per year. I don't think it's worth it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Method:
I know we were trying to be positive yesterday, but f**k. This news just makes me so f**king depressed. Our team is such a joke.

Dude gets extended two years early, and doesn't even f**king wait one year before asking for a trade? What the f**k?! Your motherf**king contract runs through 2013, it's the one YOU f**kING SIGNED YOURSELF. He doesn't even have an agent. God dammit.

You gotta look at this positively Method.

Having Stephen Jackson on this team is pointless. We're not going anywhere and Jack is 31. And with Nellie riding him for 40 minutes per night, you know he's going to break down just like he did last year.

Trade him for an expiring to a contender.....win-win for everybody.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Now if Corey Maggette demands a trade, I will be ecstatic
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stephen Jackson to Cleveland for Zydrunas Ilgauskas and an unprotected late first.

The Cavs counter the Lakers' addition of Ron Artest.

The Warriors start phase 1 of rebuilding.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Method:
I know we were trying to be positive yesterday, but f**k. This news just makes me so f**king depressed. Our team is such a joke.

Dude gets extended two years early, and doesn't even f**king wait one year before asking for a trade? What the f**k?! Your motherf**king contract runs through 2013, it's the one YOU f**kING SIGNED YOURSELF. He doesn't even have an agent. God dammit.

You gotta look at this positively Method.

Having Stephen Jackson on this team is pointless. We're not going anywhere and Jack is 31. And with Nellie riding him for 40 minutes per night, you know he's going to break down just like he did last year.

Trade him for an expiring to a contender.....win-win for everybody.

I was thinking the same thing. We were all pretty upset with Jack getting the extension. We hated the fact that he was the #1 option while Monta was out. We hated his turnovers and complaining instead of getting back on defense. He's a great 3rd option, but I think trading him would be a great idea.
We should mass produce these shirts and sell them outside the arena all season long:

"SELL NOW, COHAN!"
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm over the Stephen Jackson era. I still think he's 60% responsible for taking this team to the playoffs two years ago.

But the main reason I always liked Jack is that he was a poor man's Sprewell to me, and I loved Spree.

But I'm done with all that.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
We should mass produce these shirts and sell them outside the arena all season long:

"SELL NOW, COHAN!"

I'm in!

We Believe: Cohan Should Sell
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

"SELL NOW, COHAN!"

I'm in!

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
We Believe: Cohan Should Sell

Non Warrior news here. Tomorrow night's is my buddy's bachelor party and it's being thrown by Adonal Foyle. I will try to get some pictures. The wedding is next month and is at Adonal's house in Orinda. Should be fun.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Non Warrior news here. Tomorrow night's is my buddy's bachelor party and it's being thrown by Adonal Foyle. I will try to get some pictures. The wedding is next month and is at Adonal's house in Orinda. Should be fun.

See you there.

IF, you happen to PM me the directions, that is.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Aug 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone