LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

The Phoenix Suns Offseason Thread

Originally posted by lazy:
HEADLINER:He's gone: Shaq traded to Cavaliers

Quote:
The Suns have traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a 2009 second round pick (46th overall) and $500,000.

The deal is expected to be finalized and announced Thursday morning.--Paul Coro

You're not disappointed in the least that you got zero basketball talent in return for him?

You didn't get rid of a long term contract (Shaq expires this year), this doesn't put you under the cap so you can get someone else (unless you let Nash go), and it doesn't make your team better. Even if/when you buy Wallace out, he'll still count against your cap for $14M.

All this does is put money in Sarver's pocket.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 24, 2009 at 21:52:47 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:
The Suns have traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a 2009 second round pick (46th overall) and $500,000.

You're not disappointed in the least that you got zero basketball talent in return for him?

You didn't get rid of a long term contract (Shaq expires this year), this doesn't put you under the cap so you can get someone else (unless you let Nash go), and it doesn't make your team better. Even if/when you buy Wallace out, he'll still count against your cap for $14M.

and don't forget they would suck even more.
  • lazy
  • Veteran

Quote:

NOPE! Honestly who was going to give us anything for Shaq?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:

Quote:

and don't forget they would suck even more.

Suns were going suck next year anyway.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Even if/when you buy Wallace out, he'll still count against your cap for $14M.

He won't count against it for the full amount if they buy him out for less than $14M.
Originally posted by crzy:
Even if/when you buy Wallace out, he'll still count against your cap for $14M.

He won't count against it for the full amount if they buy him out for less than $14M.

I just looked into this and I stand corrected. I thought it just saved the team money, but still impacted the cap the same.

Quote:

"He had a dog, and his name was BINGO"
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Prediction:

Suns will draft Mullens or Tyler Hansbrough.

I'm not watching tonight's draft!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
What happened to Amare's spin move? now that was a thing of beauty, but sadly that has deteriorated.....

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/06/28/20090628sunsstoudemire0629.html

The Max contract for a one trick pony, with injured knees, eye....the list goes on.
NO thanks C-ya Amare...
What happened to Amare's spin move? now that was a thing of beauty, but sadly that has deteriorated.....

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/06/28/20090628sunsstoudemire0629.html

The Max contract for a one trick pony, with injured knees, eye....the list goes on.
NO thanks C-ya Amare...

Steve Kerr is that you? Excited about trading Shaq for nothing. Don't want to pay a superstar superstar-money. Oh wait! I know who you are. SARVER!!!!!!

• lazy
  • Veteran
Amare a superstar?...

Yes i've been exposed i'm sarver.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:

NO thanks C-ya Amare...

Steve Kerr is that you? Excited about trading Shaq for nothing. Don't want to pay a superstar superstar-money. Oh wait! I know who you are. SARVER!!!!!!

Seriously.

lazy will realize just how good Amare really is, when he's gone.

NO thanks C-ya Amare...
Kerr give us Amare

Seriously.

. Kerr give us Amare.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Jun 29, 2009 at 20:20:38 ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran

NO thanks C-ya Amare...

Seriously.

I already know how good he is/isn't

You know what Screw it....Suns please Amare to an extension..then we can sit wait for another injury to happen..then we be stuck with another Googs/Marus banks/Hardway/Luc Longley contract.

I love you SARVER!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
oh btw the last time the suns rushed into signing amare to a max contract...they found out Amare was hiding his injury. wonder why is pushing for a contract again?

but what ever im done being negative

Get that contract done Suns!
Share 49ersWebzone