Official 2009 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by King49er:
wow,a thread of a team in 1st place in the FIRST month of the season....wow

"The last two teams to open the season with five straight series victories were the 2003 San Francisco Giants and the 2001 Seattle Mariners. Both went on to win their division."

The NL West and AL West at that time weren't as loaded with good teams like the AL East is this year. Only solid teams I can think of then were the A's and the Diamondbacks.

Who are the teams in the East who are loaded? The same 2 teams who couldn't even beat the Tampa Bay Rays last year??

Besides your lil birds the Rays, Yanks, and Sox are all loaded and there's no mistaking the Rays were the best AL team in baseball last year. That young group has done a great job under Madden and wasn't last year supposed to be the year where the Jays were actually supposed to give the Yanks and Sox a run? Instead they finished a lovely 4th in the standings.

Well we've lost most of our pitching staff and still are managing to beat teams that would kill us last year,so I'm happy with what I see so far
Aaah, friendly banter. Anyways...we're spanking the White Sox HARDCORE tonight. Tallet is lookin' good comin' outta the pen for five/ six innings as a starter. I likey...
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Aaah, friendly banter. Anyways...we're spanking the White Sox HARDCORE tonight. Tallet is lookin' good comin' outta the pen for five/ six innings as a starter. I likey...

better than the Yankees hahahaha
Mmm, and we should be able to keep our streak of winning series going tomorrow with Halladay on the mound. No way he gets "roughed up" a second time in a row. He'll be on his game tomorrow and I'm sure we'll be able to put up Contreras' 8.03 runs per game, which'll be five more than we need to win...
6 series in a row and still the best team in the AL,it's been a great month,hopefully the wins keep coming
Best record in the Majors,but Boston is creeping up with that 10 game winning streak
A month in and the Toronto Blue Jays are the best team in baseball with a bunch of no name pitchers
Man, with the injuries to our starting rotation, I'm surprised we're still on top of the East. Thus far, our middle relievers and set-up men have been fantastic, but I think with a healthy rotation of Halladay, Romero, Litsch, Marcum, and Tallet / McGowan, we could be competitive all season...
Another walk off win today....man the Jays are making it look easy out there

Mm, gotta have those one-run ballgames...

Man, our bullpen looks strong. Carlson, League, Downs, Frasor all lookin' good...
Jays with the sweep!
Tough loss tonight,we blew this one for sure
Jays with the sweep!

So...who's the toughest team you played so far? Is it the Royals? lol
Jays win!
Share 49ersWebzone