There are 207 users in the forums

Official 2009 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
With Halladay day-to-day, it really makes me mourn for the loss of Litsch as well. I was expecting a solid 14+-win campaign outta him this year. While was impressed early on with Romero and Richmond, the stability's just not there yet. I DO like Tallet, though. Even though he got beat up in his last outing, he just looks like a throw-back Jays' pitcher from the 80's - like a Jimmy Key / Dave Stieb blend who only goes five innings...hehe...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/198985-losing-litsch-is-a-loss-for-more-than-just-the-jays

Shanghai'D

Injuries are a part of the game,unfortunately,we're getting hammered with them
Nice win last night. Attaboy Romero!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for DShanghai69er.
Brilliant game by Richmond. 11 K's. B.J., out of pure shame, should just off himself. Comes in, loads the bases, and then needs League to come in and bail him out on six pitches. Ridiculous. Hopefully, League can keep up the good work while Downs is out on the DL as well.
Brilliant game by Richmond. 11 K's. B.J., out of pure shame, should just off himself. Comes in, loads the bases, and then needs League to come in and bail him out on six pitches. Ridiculous. Hopefully, League can keep up the good work while Downs is out on the DL as well.

Halladay, Janssen, and Downs all went on the DL today,we killed Philly,but this has been a disaster for trying to keep the rotation healthy. But they have been coming around again,and I guess thats what good teams do,they win with back-ups and call-ups as well.

Hopefully we keep winning,we're still only 2 games behind the Yankees,so I'm not ready to give up just yet.
Jays sweep Phillies
Originally posted by King49er:
Jays sweep Phillies

Thanks for the help guys. I just wish the Braves could've capitalized on it.

BTW, you guys interested in a trade?

Francoeur for Aaron Hill straight up?

Hey come on, can't get much better than that!!!
Originally posted by tn_niner:
Originally posted by King49er:
Jays sweep Phillies

Thanks for the help guys. I just wish the Braves could've capitalized on it.

BTW, you guys interested in a trade?

Francoeur for Aaron Hill straight up?

Hey come on, can't get much better than that!!!

no but you guys can have Vernon Wells lol
5 years ago, I would've taken him.
5 years ago, I would've taken him.

you can have him now
Ok Ok,

Frenchy for Alex Rios? Now that's a deal.

Don't you guys need a free swinger that hits a consistant .240 and always seems to kill a rally?

Ok Ok,

Frenchy for Alex Rios? Now that's a deal.

Don't you guys need a free swinger that hits a consistant .240 and always seems to kill a rally?

Got one,his name is Vernon Wells
Shhhweeeeep! Nice! Whoda thunk we'd sweep the Phil's with 4 of our starting 5 and feature closer down and out? Hopefully no typical Torontonian let-down against the Nats this weekend...
Shhhweeeeep! Nice! Whoda thunk we'd sweep the Phil's with 4 of our starting 5 and feature closer down and out? Hopefully no typical Torontonian let-down against the Nats this weekend...

We need good pitching this weekend
well we got good pitching tonight,just no O....Nats dominate AL East teams apparently lol
Mm, tru dat. We seem to be getting the Nats at just the wrong time as their pitching is hitting a hot spell. I do like what Tallet's done for us this year. Can't complain about the game he threw last night.
Share 49ersWebzone