LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Official 2009 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

[ Edited by King49er on May 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM ]
1-0

"Adam Lind drove in six runs on four hits Monday night as the Blue Jays started their season with a 12-5 win over the Tigers.
Lind was all over starter Justin Verlander, against whom he had a two-run single and three-run homer. He later added an RBI single against Juan Rincon in the eighth. Lind's six RBI set an opening-day record for the Jays, but fans in Toronto got perhaps a bit too excited, throwing objects on the field and causing a nine-minute delay late in the game. Lind could be in for a breakout year if he can improve against lefties."
[ Edited by King49er on Apr 6, 2009 at 8:57 PM ]
Here's to the Jays' finishing last in the AL East this year!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Here's to the Jays' finishing last in the AL East this year!

not likely....
2-0

Come from behind win!!!!!
2-1
3-1
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I'm not a baseball guy, but I visited Toronto last summer and went to the Hard Rock cafe which happens to be connected with the Blue Jays baseball stadium. Very cool. What wasn't cool was I had to pay 7 dollars for a beer.

The stadium was really awesome with the retractable roof and everything. So I'll root for the Giants and Blue Jays. (even if I don't watch any of the games)
4-1
5-1!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Hey King49er you got your very own thread
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Hey King49er you got your very own thread

I know,it's great

I get to brag to myself about the best team in the AL
  • vinnie63
  • Info N/A
5-1 baby!

OKAY! BLUE JAYS! LETS...PLAY...BALL!!!!
5-1...Mm, hells yeah!!!

I'm a 30-year-old Canadian from Nova Scotia whose been following the Jays since '87 - the days of Jorge Bell, Jesse Barfield, Cecil Fielder, Kelly Gruber and the lot.

Man, am I glad to have Cito Gaston back! We just play different ball with him at the helm.

Mind you, although we're playing out of our minds right now, I don't think we've got enough pop in our line-up to compensate for average starting pitching. Halladay will get his 18+ wins and, actually, I REALLY like Litsch and Marcum and believe they're good for at least 12 wins a piece. Past that, I just don't know...

Lastly, B.J. needs to be shipped back to the minors of somethin' til he gets his control / velocity back. He's a disaster waiting to happen every time he enters the game.

Go Jays!!!

Shanghai'D
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
5-1...Mm, hells yeah!!!

I'm a 30-year-old Canadian from Nova Scotia whose been following the Jays since '87 - the days of Jorge Bell, Jesse Barfield, Cecil Fielder, Kelly Gruber and the lot.

Man, am I glad to have Cito Gaston back! We just play different ball with him at the helm.

Mind you, although we're playing out of our minds right now, I don't think we've got enough pop in our line-up to compensate for average starting pitching. Halladay will get his 18+ wins and, actually, I REALLY like Litsch and Marcum and believe they're good for at least 12 wins a piece. Past that, I just don't know...

Lastly, B.J. needs to be shipped back to the minors of somethin' til he gets his control / velocity back. He's a disaster waiting to happen every time he enters the game.

Go Jays!!!

Shanghai'D

Blow Job Ryan needs to go.

Tough loss today,where in N.S are you from? I'm in N.B,and I've also been watching the Jays for about the same amount of time as yourself,Go Jays!
Share 49ersWebzone