Originally posted by ninerfaninLA:
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:
Originally posted by FGore2121:
quick question....

what is our projected lineup looking like as of today for the start of the season?

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

possible switching of Sandoval and Molina

Ya.. thats probably it. Lewis and Molina 3-4

Yep. I rememeber hearing that they wanted to keep Lewis high so his speed is still usable.

I think it would be a sick line-up if we could one day have...

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Not sure where gillaspie or kieschnick fits in all that

Now that I think about it, we might be better served keeping Sandoval behind the plate and using Posey's versatility to get as many bats in the lineup as possible.

Lets hope that the Giants get a stud OF in this Junes draft. Fairly has upside but seems to have started slowly. I wouldn't be crazy about a Lewis, Fairly, Schierhotz OF for the future. That is the one area they will really need to improve in my opinion.

I was under the assumption that Donovan Tate was the frontrunner for the Giants' pick. He's a prep player though, they might look to someone from college they can bring up faster like Buster Posey.

Tate would be a logical pick for the Giants if he is still available. He has a huge arm, great speed, and a potential 4 skill player. The Braves are hoping beyond all hope that the Giants do not take him so they can pick the local kid a pick later. Yes.. I think he could very well be the Giants pick.

tate should be our guy, i dont know who are projected to get picked before us but unless that person was amazingly passed up like the yr we drafted timmy we take the guy. ive heard tate was an amazing athlete who can do everything even throw in the mid 90's. even though hes a high school kid hope he can come in and quickly tear up the minors we need all the bats possible.
Originally posted by hec26:
quick question....

what is our projected lineup looking like as of today for the start of the season?

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Yep. I rememeber hearing that they wanted to keep Lewis high so his speed is still usable.

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Now that I think about it, we might be better served keeping Sandoval behind the plate and using Posey's versatility to get as many bats in the lineup as possible.

Lets hope that the Giants get a stud OF in this Junes draft. Fairly has upside but seems to have started slowly. I wouldn't be crazy about a Lewis, Fairly, Schierhotz OF for the future. That is the one area they will really need to improve in my opinion.

I was under the assumption that Donovan Tate was the frontrunner for the Giants' pick. He's a prep player though, they might look to someone from college they can bring up faster like Buster Posey.

Tate would be a logical pick for the Giants if he is still available. He has a huge arm, great speed, and a potential 4 skill player. The Braves are hoping beyond all hope that the Giants do not take him so they can pick the local kid a pick later. Yes.. I think he could very well be the Giants pick.

tate should be our guy, i dont know who are projected to get picked before us but unless that person was amazingly passed up like the yr we drafted timmy we take the guy. ive heard tate was an amazing athlete who can do everything even throw in the mid 90's. even though hes a high school kid hope he can come in and quickly tear up the minors we need all the bats possible.

This is one mock I found:http://baseballdraftreport.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/mock-draft-10/

Washington Nationals: RHSP - Steven Strasburg - San Diego State
Seattle Mariners: SS - Grant Green - Southern Cal
San Diego Padres: CF - Dustin Ackley - North Carolina
Pittsburgh Pirates: RHSP - Alex White - North Carolina
Baltimore Orioles: LHSP - Tyler Matzek - Capistrano Valley HS (California)
San Francisco Giants: OF - Donovan Tate - Cartersville HS (Georgia)

The Giants organization is flush with pitching and while that isn’t reason enough to pass on whichever high upside high school lefty will fall, it does give Tate just enough of an edge to be the man called at pick number six. Tate is a special athlete with, let’s count ‘em, a plus arm (clocked at 95 MPH), plus speed (6.3 60 time), plus power potential, and plus makeup. Sounds like he’s doing those lofty Carlos Beltran comps justice, at least at this point in his development…
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

This is one mock I found:http://baseballdraftreport.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/mock-draft-10/

The Giants organization is flush with pitching and while that isn’t reason enough to pass on whichever high upside high school lefty will fall, it does give Tate just enough of an edge to be the man called at pick number six. Tate is a special athlete with, let’s count ‘em, a plus arm (clocked at 95 MPH), plus speed (6.3 60 time), plus power potential, and plus makeup. Sounds like he’s doing those lofty Carlos Beltran comps justice, at least at this point in his development…

Here's another one:

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft-2009

It has us taking Matt Purke. We may have one of the best pitching rotations in the history of the majors in 2011: Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Bumgarner, Alderson. We don't need more pitchers!!!!!
So, let's look on the bright side and say that come June, we will be buyers.

Who are some names out there that make sense?
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

I think ackley from NC would be the guy that if he fell we'd have to take.
Originally posted by dcsham:
So, let's look on the bright side and say that come June, we will be buyers.

Who are some names out there that make sense?

Albert Pujols for Barry Zito
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Here's another one:

It has us taking Matt Purke. We may have one of the best pitching rotations in the history of the majors in 2011: Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Bumgarner, Alderson. We don't need more pitchers!!!!!

If the BPA is a pitcher, you take him. Top Caliber young starters have a lot of value. If its Purke and he pans out, you can either keep him, or package him in a trade for a position player.

Many were confused when MadBum and Tim II were both selected in the 1st round, look how theyve panned out. They are 2 of the best pitching prospects out there, both have good value and any GM in the majors would love to have them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with drafting for depth.
G-men highlights vs. Dodgers today:

Homeruns by aurillia, sandoval, and guzman

Posey: 2 for 2 with a rbi and a run
Sandoval: 3 for 3 with a rbi and 2 runs
Guzman: 1 for 2 with 2 rbis and a run
Ishikawa 2 for 4 with a rbi and a run
Burriss: 2 for 5 with a rbi and a run and a sb

oh ya, and zito let in 3 in 2 2/3

Zito's gotten better. Usually its 10 runs in 2 2/3
Originally posted by ritchie:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Here's another one:

If the BPA is a pitcher, you take him. Top Caliber young starters have a lot of value. If its Purke and he pans out, you can either keep him, or package him in a trade for a position player.

Many were confused when MadBum and Tim II were both selected in the 1st round, look how theyve panned out. They are 2 of the best pitching prospects out there, both have good value and any GM in the majors would love to have them.

exactly true, you can never ever have too many young pitchers with great stuff who can become top tier starters. teams would trade a lot for them
  • CornsOnTheCob
  • Info N/A

Does anyone know where Guzman came from? I don't remember hearing his name before this Spring Training.
Originally posted by CornsOnTheCob:

Does anyone know where Guzman came from? I don't remember hearing his name before this Spring Training.

FA from the A's.
Good hitter, suspect D.

he came from the A's system. i think we picked him up in a draft forgot what they call that draft we also picked up luis perdomo from the cards system. im loving what posey has done so far he will be called up as a sept call up or maybe earlier which will give us reason to trade molina at the deadline. what more can i say bout sandoval dudes a beast and i expect him to become an excellent player for us for yrs to come. by the way im totally laughing at your sn of course i mean this in a friendly way all giants fans are my dudes
  • CornsOnTheCob
  • Info N/A

he came from the A's system. i think we picked him up in a draft forgot what they call that draft we also picked up luis perdomo from the cards system. im loving what posey has done so far he will be called up as a sept call up or maybe earlier which will give us reason to trade molina at the deadline. what more can i say bout sandoval dudes a beast and i expect him to become an excellent player for us for yrs to come. by the way im totally laughing at your sn of course i mean this in a friendly way all giants fans are my dudes

Sweet, thanks for the knowledge. I'm hoping for big things from Sandoval too.

My screen name is an inside joke with some friends, kind of a long story. But glad you enjoy it!
Originally posted by ritchie:
quick question....

I would expect...

Winn
Renteria
Lewis
Molina
Sandoval
Rowand
Ishikawa
Burriss
Pitch

Burriss
Lewis
Sandoval
Villalona
Posey
Schierholtz
Fairley
Noonan
Pitch

Here's another one:

exactly true, you can never ever have too many young pitchers with great stuff who can become top tier starters. teams would trade a lot for them

Not disagreeing but it would be nice to have a developed position player or two pan out...
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com