LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Bochy/Sabes will be back next year http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/01/SPEC19VOOG.DTL&tsp=1

damn. i kind of like how he said we would spend money and he didnt rule out holiday or bay though. but i wouldnt mind seeing us do what ninerjohn said though and getting abreu and dye. i like jermaine dye a lot, hes a good player. i dont know if holiday is worth as much as it will cost to get him though. but he could help us a lot. im excited for next year though even with sabean coming back.
lets get Timmy his 15th and close this home season out.
what the hell just happened on Comcast? They missed the end of the top of the 8th??? for commericals? jerks!!!
I'm still curious to see how the Cy Young race turns out.

Carpenter has Timmy beat in wins and ERA, but Timmy has 2 CGSO and over 100 more strikeouts than Carpenter. He's also done pretty much everything better than Wainright minus the win column also.

Also wanted to post this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/article/2009-09-30/lincecum-on-cain-i-just-love-watching-him-pitch

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Oct 1, 2009 at 15:09:36 ]
goodbye Richie

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 1, 2009 at 15:04:01 ]
goodbye Richie

Rich = Stud
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Carpenter has Timmy beat in wins and ERA, but Timmy has 2 CGSO and over 100 more strikeouts than Carpenter. He's also done pretty much everything better than Wainright minus the win column also.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/article/2009-09-30/lincecum-on-cain-i-just-love-watching-him-pitch

I would bet that Wainwright is now the favorite. I think Timmy comes on 3rd.
Bochy/Sabes will be back next year

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/01/SPEC19VOOG.DTL&tsp=1

I am sure that no one in here is surprised when I say....... f**kING STUPID!!!!!!
I swear.. sometimes I think that Sabean has compromising pictures of all the Giants managing partners and thats how he keeps his damn job. It certainly cant be from his great track record.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I definitely think Carpenter and Timmy have been much more dominant than Wainright and should be the top two.

Timmy has more quality starts than Carpenter and Wainright, but not by much. I think it will be interesting to be honest with you.

I definitely think Carpenter and Timmy have been much more dominant than Wainright and should be the top two.

Timmy has more quality starts than Carpenter and Wainright, but not by much. I think it will be interesting to be honest with you.

These 3 will go 1-2-3 there is no doubt. I just dont see how TImmy is going to win it when the Cards are the division champs, Timmy won just 15 games, and Wainwright has a chance to be the only 20 game winner in the NL. I just would be very very surprised if Linecum won the award.

Wainwrights stats are pretty sick... 19-8 2.58 era 204 Ks
Carpenter has 2 less wins , fewer QS,and 60 less k's but a better era.

Bye Bye Richy. Thanks for the memories.

These 3 will go 1-2-3 there is no doubt. I just dont see how TImmy is going to win it when the Cards are the division champs, Timmy won just 15 games, and Wainwright has a chance to be the only 20 game winner in the NL. I just would be very very surprised if Linecum won the award.

Great race this year...

Tim Lincecum: 2.48 ERA, 15-7, 261 K, 1.05 WHIP, .206 BAA
A. Wainwright: 2.58 ERA, 19-8, 204 K, 1.21 WHIP, .244 BAA
C. Carpenter: 2.24 ERA, 17-4, 144 K, 1.01 WHIP, .226 BAA

You could make a case for any of these guys.

I hope Timmy's got enough cred to win it this year, but I think he finishes 2nd behind Carpenter.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Bye Bye Richy. Thanks for the memories.

Great to see Rich get the ovation he deserved. Can't let this season take away from the fact that he is a GREAT Giant.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Great race this year...

I hope Timmy's got enough cred to win it this year, but I think he finishes 2nd behind Carpenter.

Just like last yr wins dont mean everything. STL has a potent offense and that certainly help both stl pitchers! Carpenter missed 50 innings and that will certainly hurt! TImmy is better than Wainwright in everything but wins. Has more quality starts, k's better BA! Was a majpr reason why we were even in the playoff discussion and our over achievement. But because he won it last yr, does that hurt his chances this yr??
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Great race this year...

Just like last yr wins dont mean everything. STL has a potent offense and that certainly help both stl pitchers! Carpenter missed 50 innings and that will certainly hurt! TImmy is better than Wainwright in everything but wins. Has more quality starts, k's better BA! Was a majpr reason why we were even in the playoff discussion and our over achievement. But because he won it last yr, does that hurt his chances this yr??

Timmy was still the better pitcher this year. His stats are actually better than last year when he won it. The only thing keeping him from the trophy is the W column, but as previously stated, the Cards are division champs and it is likely one of them wins it. If going purely on best pitcher regardless of team and situation, Timmy.
Share 49ersWebzone