LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

Off topic.....

but did this guy really need roids?

Back on topic.......

WHo do you see winning the 2nd base job? Personally, I see us going with Fransden even though I believe Burriss would be a better fit. I think the organization wants to keep Burriss at SS and have him improve his game playing tht position everyday in Fresno
Originally posted by AC49er:
Back on topic.......

WHo do you see winning the 2nd base job? Personally, I see us going with Fransden even though I believe Burriss would be a better fit. I think the organization wants to keep Burriss at SS and have him improve his game playing tht position everyday in Fresno

lol
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Back on topic.......

lol

I think it is a true competition. Fransden and Burriss bring different things to the game. I think Burriss is a more natural 2nd baseman and Fransden the better utility guy. Both will make the team with Burriss the starter and Fransden playing almost everyday in the Role Richie had last year.

"Hi, my name is Pablo Sandoval. I am the future of the Giants"
Back on topic.......

Like Ron said, both make the team, but I'm hopeful Burriss takes control. Both are flexible so that's a plus for the team.

Burriss brings a speed dimension to the team, and his defense is very good. Whoever wins the job seems to be the #8 hitter.
Sanchez signed today for 455K
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Back on topic.......

lol

I think it is a true competition. Fransden and Burriss bring different things to the game. I think Burriss is a more natural 2nd baseman and Fransden the better utility guy. Both will make the team with Burriss the starter and Fransden playing almost everyday in the Role Richie had last year.

I agree that Burriss should be the starter. Frandsen is limited as a complete player in my opinion and the Giants need to see if Burriss can be their 2b for the future.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Lets go giants! were going to the playoffs this year!!
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Timmy signs one year deal....worth $650,000. Man, we overspent.

LINK

why did we only sign him for one year?

Im going out on a limb and saying Zito will have more W's then L's and have an era less then 4
Originally posted by 49erha:
Im going out on a limb and saying Zito will have more W's then L's and have an era less then 4

All he needs is run support.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

All he needs is run support.

Matt Cain as well. I hope this year the young guys can step it up. We can be a fringe playoff team with decent run production.

Can we make a large wager on that one??? I hope you are right though.
Why are the Giants so high on Kevin Frandsen?

I just don't see it
Share 49ersWebzone