LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

2009 SF Giants thread

As much as I dont want to make todays game a big deal, I'm very excited with what I saw. Timmy is Timmy. Ishi with 2 bombs. Pablo & Manny continuing to improve. Rentaria decent.
So what is going to be the official starting rotation?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Timmy, Cain, Johnson, Zito, Sanchez

My guess
When is the last time the SF Giants scored 10 runs or more in any type of game?
Originally posted by 49ersAREMYLIFE:

My guess

nope, Timmy, Johnson, Cain, Zito, Sanchez barring a trade.

Can't wait for opening day!!
Originally posted by AC49er:
As much as I dont want to make todays game a big deal, I'm very excited with what I saw. Timmy is Timmy. Ishi with 2 bombs. Pablo & Manny continuing to improve. Rentaria decent.

dave flemming just mentioned on the radio earlier that ishi is still having issues w/ left handers

trying not to get too excited about spring training.. we're already getting our butts handed to us today
Originally posted by BigRon:

My guess

Cain was the second starter in the cactus league, i would expect it to be that way during the regular season too.

My guess

Cain was the second starter in the cactus league, i would expect it to be that way during the regular season too.

I think Ron's got it right. From a recent SFGiants mailbag...

"Barring changes, Bochy's season-opening rotation will feature the alternating pattern you mentioned. In order, the rotation will consist of Lincecum, Johnson, Cain, Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez, unless Noah Lowry makes a quick comeback."

LINK

Originally posted by SacRock14:

My guess

I think Ron's got it right. From a recent SFGiants mailbag...

"Barring changes, Bochy's season-opening rotation will feature the alternating pattern you mentioned. In order, the rotation will consist of Lincecum, Johnson, Cain, Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez, unless Noah Lowry makes a quick comeback."

LINK

hm right then. I wonder why Johnson didnt start today but is tmrw?

Oh well indeed Ron looks to have it right. thanks
I like the sound of that rotation. If Randy still has something in the tank, you gotta love Cain against the opposing team's #3. And Zito at 4 with less pressure. Sanchez has the tools to be a great #5. Big if, but if it all comes together, we've got a really good rotation.
The only reason that RJ would go 2nd is to have a righty-lefty-righty-lefty rotation. I'm sure the Giants do not want 3 lefties in a row at the back end.
oh, man, that score hurts. Even though it is only the 2nd game of Spring (and it aint even spring yet) Losing to the Bums always hurts.
oh, man, that score hurts. Even though it is only the 2nd game of Spring (and it aint even spring yet) Losing to the Bums always hurts.

Meh, Patrick Misch was terrible.
Share 49ersWebzone