There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by ninerpride:
Goodie, Duke's elbow will be examined...

my god...
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Goodie, Duke's elbow will be examined...

my god...

DL usage record FTL.
I can't imagine who would start opening day against the LAA in SoCal if Duke isn't available.

Gallagher, Eveland?
I can't imagine who would start opening day against the LAA in SoCal if Duke isn't available.

Gallagher, Eveland?

Maybe Brett Anderson will come up sooner now...
I'd honestly like to see Anderson spend at least the first two months in the minors.

If Duke had to miss any time, which there still isn't any news regarding this whole elbow issue, I'd rather stick it out and promote somebody like a Gonzalez, Outman, or Williams to the 5th starting spot.

Gallagher
Eveland
Braden

and the last two would come from the group of Gio and the three names above.

Anderson, Cahill, Simmons, I think Mazzaro would be the last to arrive out of those 4...best case would come up by midyear but best case sceneario for the A's and health don't belong in the same sentence.
Haha, I'm listening to KNBR and they're asking a question who is gonna get more wins this season and like 90% are saying SF over the A's.

Not shocking because it's their homer station but to hear the reasons why.

I mean the A's won more games last season and that's when they dealt away their entire pitching staff and had that horrible July and August.

We'll see but even if the A's deal away Holliday before the deadline, I'd still think they'll win more games at the end.
NOMAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Nomar is also added Right-handed "insurance", in case we're forced to send Holliday away at the trading deadline. Not from a power perspective, but merely for his OBP vs. lefties.
Here's hoping Nomaric Garciachavez can be an offensive force for us next year.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Here's hoping Nomaric Garciachavez can be an offensive force for us next year.

lol one can only pray.
Heard on radio Nomar's deal is worth 4 million? Is that true? That's a whole lot of money to pay for a backup IF although with the Niners health issues, Nomar may end up being one of the most played "spot starters" in MLB this upcoming season.

Paying close to 10 million for two backup IFs?
Heard on radio Nomar's deal is worth 4 million? Is that true? That's a whole lot of money to pay for a backup IF although with the Niners health issues, Nomar may end up being one of the most played "spot starters" in MLB this upcoming season.

Paying close to 10 million for two backup IFs?

What the hell?
Well it was on KNBR so you don't know if it's true or not.

I thought it'd be 1-1.5 million from all the reports but for it to be doubled..wow.
Rosenthal also reports the A's aren't likely to sign Reyes but Beimel could be an A?

Oh well, although I wonder if they're still interested in Sisco or even Mulder with Duke's potential health issues.
Crosby to the Cubs?

Why would the get rid of DeRosa but want Crosby, doubt that happens.

If the reports are true that Nomar is making 4 million as a backup, I don't see how the A's don't somehow try to trade Crosby and at least part of his 5 million he's earning this season.