There are 279 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by ninerpride:
Im sure if the A's could deal Crosby and part of his 5 million he's owed, they'd probably like to have Pennington be the second backup IF on this team because defensively he's better, faster as he'd be a good late game pinch runner, and probably be more willing to be a backup IF in the bigs while I believe Crosby thinks he's a starter.

Didn't they try to put him on wavers earlier and see if someone would take him and no one did? I think we should just release him.
Well that was a few months ago and things can happen healthwise with other teams.

Maybe if he continues to do well in ST with his new batting stance/approach, his stock will increase, and some team maybe desperate to trade for him if they think he's turned it around and or he's a better option what they currently have at SS.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
you guys just signed one helluva 2nd hitter.
Originally posted by qnbrew88:

Yeah I think the consensus is that it was a good signing but now we have a guy making 5 and a half million dollars on the bench.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Yeah I think the consensus is that it was a good signing but now we have a guy making 5 and a half million dollars on the bench.

so what? Cros is more beneficial that way.
Originally posted by JR80:

I guess..
  • JR80
  • Veteran

I guess..

yes, yes. We know you have a Crosby shirt and were just brimming with hope that you could wear it at least one more year
  • Brew
  • Veteran

I guess..

yes, yes. We know you have a Crosby shirt and were just brimming with hope that you could wear it at least one more year

trade cros back to the whitesox
  • JR80
  • Veteran

I guess..

roffelz. Socal would be happy....he could rep the A's and Crosby all in one!!

I guess..

haha... As long as hes on the A's I will still wear my jersey to A's games... Ill be like people will ask me "Hey whose Crosby?" I will quickly respond "WoW you never heard of the greatest bench player in all of baseball?" and proceed to walk away

I guess..

haha... As long as hes on the A's I will still wear my jersey to A's games... Ill be like people will ask me "Hey whose Crosby?" I will quickly respond "WoW you never heard of the greatest bench player in all of baseball?" and proceed to walk away

LOL I say you Burn that thing ASAP, brutha.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
We got Nomah GARCIA-par-uh

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3949116
NOMAH!

Solid signing especially with the A's facing LHs as Nomar hit .339/.424/.643 last season with the Dodgers against LHs albeit in the NL.

Now sign Reyes and call it a great offseason.
Goodie, Duke's elbow will be examined...
At this point I don't know if there are any SP FAs that the A's could go after.

Two "big names" in Pedro and Schilling, who knows if they have anything left and who knows if the A's either have the money to sign them or if either would wanna come here or go to a team that they know will be a playoff team.

I'm beginning to think more and more now that we'll see the likes of Anderson and Cahill up before the all star break.
Share 49ersWebzone