LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I actually enjoyed the race, aside from busch winning. I thought it was a decent race. Is it me or since they re-paved the track, it is a little less exciting though?

Name change dudes, formally SF49erFaithful.

Thats gonna take awhile to get used to. lol But yeah the races there have sucked since they've repaved it. I missed last weekend's but last year's ones were pretty lame too. Martinsville is the only fun short track race to watch anymore in terms of beating and banging.
The Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 @ Martinsville Speedway is up next, this Sunday on FOX. Rain unfortunately has washed out qualifying so the lineup has been set by the points. Jeff Gordon is your pole "winner" by default.

The rest of the Goody's 500 lineup

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 @ Martinsville Speedway is up next, this Sunday on FOX. Rain unfortunately has washed out qualifying so the lineup has been set by the points. Jeff Gordon is your pole "winner" by default.

I honestly think Gordon's gonna TORCH the field on sunday! Martinsville has always been one of his most successful tracks!
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

I honestly think Gordon's gonna TORCH the field on sunday! Martinsville has always been one of his most successful tracks!

I have the same feeling. He's got momentum, he is starting first, and he has the best pit stall. I am assuming that he will select the last pit stall before going back to the track which is tradinionally the best.
Let's get this one on. I love Martinsville. I went there twice. Very cool track with good races usually.

Go Jimmie!
No Busch!
Let's get this one on. I love Martinsville. I went there twice. Very cool track with good races usually.

Go Jimmie!
No Busch!

Jimmie it is my friend!

Go Jimmie!
No Busch!

Jimmie it is my friend!

Not a bad day for HMS in general. Jr was able to make it to 8th with a broken shifter too.

Go Jimmie!
No Busch!

Jimmie it is my friend!

Not a bad day for HMS in general. Jr was able to make it to 8th with a broken shifter too.

Nice! i was really hoping Gordon would get the win just cause he hasn't won in a while but it's ok im all for everyone at HMS!

Go Jimmie!
No Busch!

Jimmie it is my friend!

Nice! i was really hoping Gordon would get the win just cause he hasn't won in a while but it's ok im all for everyone at HMS!

First off I loved the race obviously, as my driver won. I really like the pass that Hamlin made on the restart. Then the pass Jimmie made for the win. I also thought it was a refreshing, classy comment after the race by Hamlin. Hey, I would have done it. Most will complain about that stuff knowing they do it as well.
I didnt post after cause I had to take my son to baseball. I recorded the last 80 laps that were left when I left, then watched them when I got home. Sure am glad I recorded it.

Lineup for the Samsung 500 at TMS this Sunday. David Reutimann is your pole winner. Rookies Lagano, Max Papis, and Brad Kezelowski are in as well.

Samsung 500 lineup
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM ]

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Apr 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome race for the 24. It was great to finally get rid of the losing streak and get the first win in Texas. although I gotta say that that I got worried that that damned 48 was going to pass him. That sucker is always around at the end.

GO 24!!!!!!
Originally posted by NinerAce:

Awesome race for the 24. It was great to finally get rid of the losing streak and get the first win in Texas. although I gotta say that that I got worried that that damned 48 was going to pass him. That sucker is always around at the end.

GO 24!!!!!!

Seriously I thought Papis screwed over Jeff at the end when I saw Jimmie gain so much ground on him.
Originally posted by NinerAce:

GO 24!!!!!!

Seriously I thought Papis screwed over Jeff at the end when I saw Jimmie gain so much ground on him.

Good thing Jeff had a better handling car. I am amazed at how the 48 team can just overcome anything and be, at least, close to the lead at the end in so many races. Hopefully the 24 team has learned from the past 2 years and can get #5 this year.
Share 49ersWebzone