LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
He just needs to get some sponsorship for the rest of the season. He's definitely outperformed Reed Sorenson so far but I think he only has sponsorship for 4 more races.

Reed Sorenson sucks! hopefully Allmendinger can find sponsorship for the rest of the year.

I agree on Sorenson I think Ganassi pushed for him to come into Cup way too soon and it may have ruined him. He needs to get a good ride in Nationwide and get his confidence back up I think.

yea he did. wasn't Sorenson in Nationwide for like a year and half?
He just needs to get some sponsorship for the rest of the season. He's definitely outperformed Reed Sorenson so far but I think he only has sponsorship for 4 more races.

Reed Sorenson sucks! hopefully Allmendinger can find sponsorship for the rest of the year.

I agree on Sorenson I think Ganassi pushed for him to come into Cup way too soon and it may have ruined him. He needs to get a good ride in Nationwide and get his confidence back up I think.

Yeah but that was when all the owners thought 19 or 20 year olds should move up to Cup with hardly any experience just b/c they saw how good Kyle was. Not every 19 or 20 year old is gonna be ready that fast to move up and Sorenson obviously wasn't. He's still only 23 so who knows he might turn into a solid driver but I don't see it happening at RPM.

Yeah but that was when all the owners thought 19 or 20 year olds should move up to Cup with hardly any experience just b/c they saw how good Kyle was. Not every 19 or 20 year old is gonna be ready that fast to move up and Sorenson obviously wasn't. He's still only 23 so who knows he might turn into a solid driver but I don't see it happening at RPM.

yeah, this was when Ganassi tried the youth movement. Failed IMO. I think AJ is going to be a decent driver. I also think owners missed the boat on David Gilliand. He is doing a good job as well.
How about Reutimann?

I think that is the best hire that MWR has done. I have never been a fan of Michael Waltrip, but have always thought that Reut would do good. he is turning into a very good driver consistently outperforming his boss and even Dale Jarrett when he was there.
Originally posted by NinerAce:
How about Reutimann?

I think that is the best hire that MWR has done. I have never been a fan of Michael Waltrip, but have always thought that Reut would do good. he is turning into a very good driver consistently outperforming his boss and even Dale Jarrett when he was there.

Yeah he's done a great job for MWR and has been one of my favorite drivers since DW gave him a truck ride a few years ago. Kinda sucks he wasn't discovered until so much later in his career. He's 39 now so who knows how much longer he'll be racing.
Food City 500 @ Bristol

Line up for Sunday's race at Bristol.

Mark Martin wins the starting spot for the second race in a row.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Food City 500 @ Bristol

let's hope he actually has a good run this weekend.
Food City 500 @ Bristol

Seriously he's 35th in points isn't he? He definitely needs a top 20 finish.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for 49erfan3252.
Food City 500 @ Bristol

Seriously he's 35th in points isn't he? He definitely needs a top 20 finish.

i believe so. He really needs a good run. oh yea and David Gilliland FTW. Starting 14th with a team that was just established this year.
Kyle Busch once again showed his immaturity today.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Mar 21, 2009 at 3:30 PM ]

what happened? i didn't catch the race today

Did KB blame his crew for losing again?

Yeah he screamed they sucked after they let a tire get away during a pit stop, and then after the race instead of going into the pits he parked his car in turn 3 and walked to the pedestrian tunnel to leave the track.

Yeah he screamed they sucked after they let a tire get away during a pit stop, and then after the race instead of going into the pits he parked his car in turn 3 and walked to the pedestrian tunnel to leave the track.

yikes. Aside from his talent Rick Hendrick let him go for a reason.
I actually enjoyed the race, aside from busch winning. I thought it was a decent race. Is it me or since they re-paved the track, it is a little less exciting though?

Name change dudes, formally SF49erFaithful.
Share 49ersWebzone