LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:
California today. Should be a good race. I just hope Kyle Busch doesn't win every race of the weekend.

Seriously, I couldn't believe how dominating he was in both races yesterday. I was hoping the inspection teams would find something but I guess not.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
California today. Should be a good race. I just hope Kyle Busch doesn't win every race of the weekend.

Seriously, I couldn't believe how dominating he was in both races yesterday. I was hoping the inspection teams would find something but I guess not.

I know, let's not start down this road again with Kyle.

Anyway, anyone else see how Ricky Carmichael started 3rd and finished 8th in the truck race? What are his chances of ever becoming a good driver and making it to the big leagues?

man i hope he doesn't win today. it would p**s me off!
Originally posted by NinerAce:

Anyway, anyone else see how Ricky Carmichael started 3rd and finished 8th in the truck race? What are his chances of ever becoming a good driver and making it to the big leagues?

i seen that! i think if he stays in good equipment like he has at KHI and if he keeps performing he could be very good iMO

Ace,
a racer is a racer. this dude was THE man of motorcross. Now he is up and coming in stock car. I personally would like to see him do well, NASCAR always needs big names and personalities. If he stays is good equipment, I think eventually he will do well. It was a definite flash of how good he can be.

Ace,
a racer is a racer. this dude was THE man of motorcross. Now he is up and coming in stock car. I personally would like to see him do well, NASCAR always needs big names and personalities. If he stays is good equipment, I think eventually he will do well. It was a definite flash of how good he can be.

Totally agree. I am a fan of his and would love for him to make it and do well. Maybe HMS can pick him up after Martin is done next year or the year after. I don't know if he is signed with someone other than Harvick and Mark Martin has already mentored him, so maybe he can put in a good word to Rick Hendrick.
Yeah, I would agree with that. But you know what...

Mark Martin

Is equal to

Brett Favre

I mean, come on, you retired emotionally 53 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I like Mark but damn!

Ace,

Totally agree. I am a fan of his and would love for him to make it and do well. Maybe HMS can pick him up after Martin is done next year or the year after. I don't know if he is signed with someone other than Harvick and Mark Martin has already mentored him, so maybe he can put in a good word to Rick Hendrick.

Isn't Brad Keselowski supposed to take over for Martin in a couple years in the 5 car? Best case scenario would be to put him in the 88 or the 5 in Nationwide after Brad moves up although Landon Cassil is kinda waiting in the wings there as well and he really started to impress me last year.
Almost half way through...really is a california shootout. Most the Calif boys are doing good. MTs boy, Gordon, on the lead right now. Vickers coming back. Jimmie is looking good as well.Hope the rain doesn't kill this one. Shaping up to be a good race.
Good race. Gordon just didn't have enough to get them at the end. Biffle had the best car but messed up bad when he slid through the pit. He would have won. Two in a row for Kenseth.That was cool of Biffle to apologize to his team. I personally don't like Biffle, but I can't stand Kenseth.

f**kin piece of s**t pit crew cost Gordon the race. I hope Latarte makes them work their asses off this week.

Ace,

Isn't Brad Keselowski supposed to take over for Martin in a couple years in the 5 car? Best case scenario would be to put him in the 88 or the 5 in Nationwide after Brad moves up although Landon Cassil is kinda waiting in the wings there as well and he really started to impress me last year.

yea that #5 car is pretty much Keselowski's. It's a long shot and im just thinking randomly but what if this happens

Keselowski takes over for Martin in the #5 in 2010-2011
Signs Carmichael to drive #88 and/or #5 nationwide car in 2010

Then if Gordon does decide to retire in lets say 2010 or 2011 Carmichael take's over the ride assuming he's ready. So in in about 2-3 years it would be like this

5-Brad keselowski
24-Ricky Carmichael
48-Jimmie Johnson
88-Dale JR.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

Ace,

yea that #5 car is pretty much Keselowski's. It's a long shot and im just thinking randomly but what if this happens

Then if Gordon does decide to retire in lets say 2010 or 2011 Carmichael take's over the ride assuming he's ready. So in in about 2-3 years it would be like this

5-Brad keselowski
24-Ricky Carmichael
48-Jimmie Johnson
88-Dale JR.

Bad weekend for both 88's. BK was punted into the wall by Biffle in the Nationwide race and Jr's car engine just wasnt there. Interesting to note that Martin's and Jr's car engines had problems and JJ/JG's cars didnt. This considering Jr and Martin's cars are both from the same shop (JJ/JG share a different shop at HMS).
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Ace,

5-Brad keselowski
24-Ricky Carmichael
48-Jimmie Johnson
88-Dale JR.

Bad weekend for both 88's. BK was punted into the wall by Biffle in the Nationwide race and Jr's car engine just wasnt there. Interesting to note that Martin's and Jr's car engines had problems and JJ/JG's cars didnt. This considering Jr and Martin's cars are both from the same shop (JJ/JG share a different shop at HMS).

Dude, did you see the interview in the garage after his stuff quit working? The girl said Jr had something to say about the coincidence of Martins and Jrs engines. He was about to say something about them not getting the good packages like Jimmie and Gordon. Then it looked like he thought better about saying that publicly. Just my opinion. If you remember, HMS has been accused of that same thing in the past. I think Jr was p**sed his stuff was junk, but at the last minute, did the smart thing and saved it for the meetings after.
What do you guys think?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Ace,

5-Brad keselowski
24-Ricky Carmichael
48-Jimmie Johnson
88-Dale JR.

Dude, did you see the interview in the garage after his stuff quit working? The girl said Jr had something to say about the coincidence of Martins and Jrs engines. He was about to say something about them not getting the good packages like Jimmie and Gordon. Then it looked like he thought better about saying that publicly. Just my opinion. If you remember, HMS has been accused of that same thing in the past. I think Jr was p**sed his stuff was junk, but at the last minute, did the smart thing and saved it for the meetings after.
What do you guys think?

I think there is still something there. I remember when this first started when Johnson got into Cup and it always seemed like Terry Labonte and Nemechek/Vickers were always overmatched by their counterparts and it seems like it has carried on up till now. Hell even Kyle Busch struggled with the 5 car. They really should conjoin both shops so things will be a bit more fair all the way around.
Share 49ersWebzone