LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I still think it's funny how Tony Parker keeps getting over looked in the NBA.

Remember, he's only 25.

that's just nuts. The media keeps predicting the Spurs demise, which I think is wishful thinking. They have the best front office, maybe in all of sports. Look what they added this year as they were being buried. The only mistake they made was trading Scola for a ham sandwich, but this team will be around for a while I think. It would be nice if they got moved to the east though.

The media loves to hate the Spurs. I think this organization will be just fine, even after Duncan retires. Every year we have a legitimate shot at winning the title. There are only a few teams that can say that.

that's why I like them, they're ther anti lakers/ knicks. Just a solid team of team guys that don't crave attention and just want to win. The fact that they're not in a big market only adds to that. That and I was born in SA and used to go to Hemisfair to see them in the 80s. As long as they're not playing Houston i root for them, but they're easy to root for unless you like jerks.

I predicted 2 years ago that the Lakers were going to dominate at this time. The Lakers fans were humble at that time and now they think every game they lose is because they messed up or the other team got lucky.

Amazing how humility goes to gooberconfindence in one year.

This is why I like the Spurs: they are a humility check when other teams walk their path.

You did? Where was I? The only predictions I remember you making were sweeps or Spurs in 5. And last night's game was hardly a humilty check by any means. Hell, even Marc Stein (who is no Laker fan) wrote an article today about how last night's loss showed how good the Lakers are.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 15, 2009 at 15:05:08 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Remember, he's only 25.

that's just nuts. The media keeps predicting the Spurs demise, which I think is wishful thinking. They have the best front office, maybe in all of sports. Look what they added this year as they were being buried. The only mistake they made was trading Scola for a ham sandwich, but this team will be around for a while I think. It would be nice if they got moved to the east though.

The media loves to hate the Spurs. I think this organization will be just fine, even after Duncan retires. Every year we have a legitimate shot at winning the title. There are only a few teams that can say that.

that's why I like them, they're ther anti lakers/ knicks. Just a solid team of team guys that don't crave attention and just want to win. The fact that they're not in a big market only adds to that. That and I was born in SA and used to go to Hemisfair to see them in the 80s. As long as they're not playing Houston i root for them, but they're easy to root for unless you like jerks.

I predicted 2 years ago that the Lakers were going to dominate at this time. The Lakers fans were humble at that time and now they think every game they lose is because they messed up or the other team got lucky.

This is why I like the Spurs: they are a humility check when other teams walk their path.

You did? Where was I? The only predictions I remember you making were sweeps or Spurs in 5. And last night's game was hardly a humilty check by any means. Hell, even Marc Stein (who is no Laker fan) wrote an article today about how last night's loss showed how good the Lakers are.

Even when they lose, they get media love.

Remember, he's only 25.

Espn is the anti lakers media.. I'm shocked they said that...

How quickly everyone forgets. It was not too long ago that Kobe Bryant was the definitive bad guy in the Shaq/Kobe/Buss/Phil saga, and was almost universally lambasted for being the poster boy for what's wrong with sports.

And ESPN is HARDLY pro-Laker. It took some incredible shot making from the Spurs to win last night, despite several factors that were working against the Lakers, and a few others that were working FOR the Spurs. I had zero expectations of a Laker win last night, and they still nearly pulled it off.

No more than 8 days ago, Popovich said that the Spurs were not in the same league with the Lakers, and nothing that happened last night would change that opinion.

Remember, he's only 25.

Yes, I did but when you play the Spurs, I will always believe the Spurs will beat the Lakers.

When everyone was dogging Kobe and the Lakers after Shaq won with Miami, I and you were pointing out that the Lakers are building up a very good young core.

How quickly everyone forgets. It was not too long ago that Kobe Bryant was the definitive bad guy in the Shaq/Kobe/Buss/Phil saga, and was almost universally lambasted for being the poster boy for what's wrong with sports.

And ESPN is HARDLY pro-Laker. It took some incredible shot making from the Spurs to win last night, despite several factors that were working against the Lakers, and a few others that were working FOR the Spurs. I had zero expectations of a Laker win last night, and they still nearly pulled it off.

No more than 8 days ago, Popovich said that the Spurs were not in the same league with the Lakers, and nothing that happened last night would change that opinion.

Kobe was the bad boy because he whined like a douche. Anyone that wasn't a Laker fan hated him then and probably still does.

Kobe was the bad boy because he whined like a douche. Anyone that wasn't a Laker fan hated him then and probably still does.

He whined during the whole Shaq/Kobe/Phil/Buss fiasco?

EDIT: My bad, this is a Spurs thread...no need for a threadjack.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 15, 2009 at 15:25:58 ]

2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

It's so fun talking smack because the next time they play, you will want to beat the Spurs so bad.

This is what it's all about.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 15, 2009 at 15:27:44 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

It's so fun talking smack because the next time they play, you will want to beat the Spurs so bad.

Magic 2
Spurs 0

Magic 1
Lakers 0

Originally posted by ninerswin317:
2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

Magic 2
Spurs 0

Magic 1
Lakers 0

Touche, my friend.

2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

Not really... Laker fans will forget about it after we whoop on some Magic tomorrow (some have already forgot about it)... these games mean nothing to Laker fans... I guess Spurs fans have nothing significant to look towards but old rivalries..
Originally posted by socalfan21:

2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

Not really... Laker fans will forget about it after we whoop on some Magic tomorrow (some have already forgot about it)... these games mean nothing to Laker fans... I guess Spurs fans have nothing significant to look towards but old rivalries..

Yeah Laker fans don't care, that's why the Spurs thread added 3 pages since yesterday...from Laker fans.

2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

Yeah Laker fans don't care, that's why the Spurs thread added 3 pages since yesterday...from Laker fans.

Hey...Im a damn Laker fan...and so yes, we do care, and I care s**t LOADS about this loss...it rattled my emotions...I was so into this game...I love Spurs-Laker games...

But you know why Laker fans are commenting on this game? First off, I think its a rivalry thats been strong for the past 10 years now, you guys and us...secondly, we care because of guys like you and Joe, lol, same reason why not I care about Laker-Warriors games, Laker-Magic games, and etc, cuz of the guy son this board...so yeah, we care...so good win for you...i still hate the Spurs...but I am sure the feeling is mutual

and i LOVE away games in San Antonio...I just love Laker away games tho...it reminds me more of a street game just cuz theres never enough Laker fans to cheer but plenty of OHHH or AHHHHs and thats what I like to hear cuz I dont cheer after a bucket, I scream and s**t, lol, but yeah

It was a good game fellas, too bad one team had to lose, we'll be seeing you in I believe less than 2 weeks, so I'll be back...
Originally posted by GameOver:

2008-2009;

Spurs 1
Lakers 0

Hey...Im a damn Laker fan...and so yes, we do care, and I care s**t LOADS about this loss...it rattled my emotions...I was so into this game...I love Spurs-Laker games...

But you know why Laker fans are commenting on this game? First off, I think its a rivalry thats been strong for the past 10 years now, you guys and us...secondly, we care because of guys like you and Joe, lol, same reason why not I care about Laker-Warriors games, Laker-Magic games, and etc, cuz of the guy son this board...so yeah, we care...so good win for you...i still hate the Spurs...but I am sure the feeling is mutual

and i LOVE away games in San Antonio...I just love Laker away games tho...it reminds me more of a street game just cuz theres never enough Laker fans to cheer but plenty of OHHH or AHHHHs and thats what I like to hear cuz I dont cheer after a bucket, I scream and s**t, lol, but yeah

It was a good game fellas, too bad one team had to lose, we'll be seeing you in I believe less than 2 weeks, so I'll be back...

Originally posted by GameOver:

Thank you. I know you guys care, because I sure as hell do. Nothing in basketball makes me happier than beating the Lakers.

Go Spurs!
Share 49ersWebzone