LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hope the Spurs get down to the 6th spot and NO, Portland, and Houston all move up.

Then the Spurs will not play the Lakers or NOH until the Conference Finals. That would be a much easier first two rounds against inexperienced teams.

I hope the Spurs meet the Blazers in the first round. The Blazers would get into the second round quickly and have plenty of time to be rested for the following series.

You guys won't know what hit you, literally!!! Your athleticism will be neutralized by the physical play and slow game. That's why I will take experience over a young team in the playoffs more times than not.

Tony Parker is going to have to score 40 points a night for you to have a shot. No disrespect to Tim, but he is done. He had a great career, first ballot HOFer - but the end has arrived.

With some Bowen clawing and Udoka, and Thomas bumping, you guys will be out of your game.
I hope the Spurs get down to the 6th spot and NO, Portland, and Houston all move up.

Then the Spurs will not play the Lakers or NOH until the Conference Finals. That would be a much easier first two rounds against inexperienced teams.

I hope the Spurs meet the Blazers in the first round. The Blazers would get into the second round quickly and have plenty of time to be rested for the following series.

You guys won't know what hit you, literally!!! Your athleticism will be neutralized by the physical play and slow game. That's why I will take experience over a young team in the playoffs more times than not.

Tony Parker is going to have to score 40 points a night for you to have a shot. No disrespect to Tim, but he is done. He had a great career, first ballot HOFer - but the end has arrived.

With some Bowen clawing and Udoka, and Thomas bumping, you guys will be out of your game.

Udoka's loyalties are with the Blazers. And Bowen will be sharing the ice pads with Timay. Kurt Thomas? His career was over 10 years ago.

Udoka's loyalties are with the Blazers. And Bowen will be sharing the ice pads with Timay. Kurt Thomas? His career was over 10 years ago.

Kurt Thomas will be our goon for any series against an inexperienced squad.

Putting your eggs in Kurt Thomas's basket would have been like Blazer fans resting their title hopes on Chris Dudley.

Putting your eggs in Kurt Thomas's basket would have been like Blazer fans resting their title hopes on Chris Dudley.

It worked when Horry laid out Nash or when Magic laid out Thomas or when the Pistons laid out everyone until Jordan finally got older and more experienced or how Fisher is always more physical in the playoffs.

Your youth will show.

It worked when Horry laid out Nash or when Magic laid out Thomas or when the Pistons laid out everyone until Jordan finally got older and more experienced or how Fisher is always more physical in the playoffs.

Your youth will show.

I think he's trying to convince himself more than he's trying to convince anyone else.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Your youth will show.

I think he's trying to convince himself more than he's trying to convince anyone else.

Not against Portland in the playoffs, that's a whole different season.
Speaking of the NBA helping out Texas teams, did you see how your Spurs barely beat the Kings tonight? Finley hits the game winner a second after the shot-clock expired. How the hell does that happen? Is the shot clock not accompanied by a horn in Sacramento?
[ Edited by 49erLifer on Apr 13, 2009 at 12:09 AM ]
Speaking of the NBA helping out Texas teams, did you see how your Spurs barely beat the Kings tonight? Finely hits the game winner a second after the shot-clock expired. How the hell does that happen? Is the shot clock not accompanied by a horn in Sacramento?

Nope, the horn sounded perfectly clear. Just a completely blown call. Terrible.

If my team won like that, I'd be embarrassed.

If my team won like that, I'd be embarrassed.

No, I would be embarrassed if I claimed that my team really was the better team after hitting an 18 footer with 0.04 seconds left on the clock.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Speaking of the NBA helping out Texas teams, did you see how your Spurs barely beat the Kings tonight? Finely hits the game winner a second after the shot-clock expired. How the hell does that happen? Is the shot clock not accompanied by a horn in Sacramento?

Nope, the horn sounded perfectly clear. Just a completely blown call. Terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fiZjER5E68

You could have at least posted a video. I don't hear a buzzer until the ball is in the air. Doesn't look like a blown call to me.
I was hoping the Spurs would lose. The 6th seed is the goal and the easiest road to he conference finals.
Share 49ersWebzone