LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Just wanted to say it felt good to pancake you the way we did this afternoon at home...thats revenge for what you and Sir Roger did to us a week or so ago...another great game tho...that I enjoyed...

Damn, man. So it was another quarter long drought. That was a huge problem for the Spurs during last year's playoffs. They always had that one quarter every game they lost where they would brick everything.

Pop needs to address this. It's not like they don't have sharp shooters on the bench. It's weird, they ALL go cold.

Yeah, you got a point, well in all honesty, HOW DO YOU address something like that...

"Guys, stop synchronizing yourselves to all go cold during one quarter...its f**king us in the ass..."

Like what can you do about that yah know?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I was in the air during the game. What happened?

Spurs fell asleep in the 3rd quarter and lost.

Really? Maybe if the Lakers were a tranquilizer gun.

The Lakers have a better starting 5, a better bench, and better coaching. That's what happened

Except for when the Spurs won the last time. That was because of luck, right?

Yeah, because I use luck to defend all Laker losses . Any team is capable of winning any night regardless of luck. The Spurs legitimately beat the Lakers at home in a nail biter. The Lakers were short-handed though, and today at full health, they dismembered the Spurs. There was no falling asleep, the Lakers are a better team with distinct advantages. In a seven game series I say Lakers win 4, Spurs win 2.

Spurs would be very fortunate to win two, IMO.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

The Lakers have a better starting 5, a better bench, and better coaching. That's what happened

Yeah, because I use luck to defend all Laker losses . Any team is capable of winning any night regardless of luck. The Spurs legitimately beat the Lakers at home in a nail biter. The Lakers were short-handed though, and today at full health, they dismembered the Spurs. There was no falling asleep, the Lakers are a better team with distinct advantages. In a seven game series I say Lakers win 4, Spurs win 2.

Quiet, you!

Quiet, you!

The reason the the Spurs lost...

Matt Bonner is a starter on the Spurs...

Odom, Ariza and Farmar are bench players on the Lakers...

need I say more?
Originally posted by socalfan21:

need I say more?

I've seen you post that one in a few different team threads, this year. You have yet to be wrong when posting it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

need I say more?

I've seen you post that one in a few different team threads, this year. You have yet to be wrong when posting it.

I think I did it with the Suns... but thats it
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
After living in AZ a few years, I can honestly say I never get tired of seeing the Spurs stick it to them. I've won countless dollars because of this.
Originally posted by TX9R:
After living in AZ a few years, I can honestly say I never get tired of seeing the Spurs stick it to them. I've won countless dollars because of this.

Hahaha. Parker/Duncan pick & roll vs. Nash/Shaq pick and roll defense is easy money.

Hahaha. Parker/Duncan pick & roll vs. Nash/Shaq pick and roll defense is easy money.

Shaq is the Suns weakest link. I didn't even see Barbosa in the second half until the 4th quarter. Amare gets a high flying dunk maybe once a quarter.

Shaq needs to put his ego away and stuff his selfish brain with some more straw, not worry about offense at all and try to get as many blocks and rebounds as he can. This is the ONLY way I can see the Suns play well with Shaq.

Shaq has no interior defense anymore because he's lazy.

The Spurs are to The Suns as the Lakers were to the Kings.

Haha, definitely. Manu owns the Suns.

baldness owns Manu
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

baldness owns Manu

I'm sure all his rings and millions make it not seem so bad
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

baldness owns Manu

I'm sure all his rings and millions make it not seem so bad

Cheap b*****d won't even spring for a bit of Rogaine? Is he funding the entire country of Argentina with the money he's making?
Share 49ersWebzone