LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by jrg1:
Heard you guys are about to offer Sabathia a 140 million dollar contract?

I guess hes worth it...how many years?
Heard you guys are about to offer Sabathia a 140 million dollar contract?

Man I hope we're not I still don't trust his arm after the load he had to take with the Brewers this year.
Sabathia's the type of guy where I could see us going right around year 3 of whatever contract he signs.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Sabathia's the type of guy where I could see us going right around year 3 of whatever contract he signs.

Yeah exactly he'd be our version of Zito and I'd much rather just take Burnett or someone else.
Quote:
Yankees Going With Three-Pronged Pitcher Attack
14th November, 2008 - 1:56 pm
SI.com - The Yankees will make an offer to exceed Johan Santana’s $137.5-million contract on Friday to target CC Sabathia and closely follow that offer with proposals within the next day or two to two more star free-agent pitchers, A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe, SI.com has learned.

The Yankees don’t expect immediate acceptances from all three pitchers, but one competing executive said, “I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Yankees sign all three guys."

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
Yankees Going With Three-Pronged Pitcher Attack
14th November, 2008 - 1:56 pm
SI.com - The Yankees will make an offer to exceed Johan Santana’s $137.5-million contract on Friday to target CC Sabathia and closely follow that offer with proposals within the next day or two to two more star free-agent pitchers, A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe, SI.com has learned.

The Yankees don’t expect immediate acceptances from all three pitchers, but one competing executive said, “I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Yankees sign all three guys."

Well, when you have more money than God...
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Just a matter of time before he signs with the Yanks. WFAN in NY has been saying for months hes signing, and that it's possible it COULD reach as high as 30 million/year.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Sabathia is the real deal..don't think he'll end up like Zito.

I would agree but after the load the Brewers put on him I'm not so sure.

I know he's legit, but giving 6 years/$138 million to a fatass like him just seems like a bad idea.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

I would agree but after the load the Brewers put on him I'm not so sure.

True, but CC has been doing that forever..the Indians put alot of innings on his back too..but you guys NEED a guy like this IMO if you wanna have a legit shot at that division.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I know he's legit, but giving 6 years/$138 million to a fatass like him just seems like a bad idea.

Once that fatass goes 9 w/ 10+ K's night in and out...we'll see.

I hope you're right, bro. I really do. Just remember though...he's getting paid for who he's going to be, not what he's been.

But hell...it ain't my money, so I don't know why I'm b***hing.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I hope you're right, bro. I really do. Just remember though...he's getting paid for who he's going to be, not what he's been.

Haha, and yeah..if you guys don't want him..I'll gladly take him out here in St. Louis

Haha, and yeah..if you guys don't want him..I'll gladly take him out here in St. Louis

I always forget that baseball isn't like the other sports. If you sign a guy to a horrible contract, it doesn't f**k your salary cap situation for the next 5 years.
Share 49ersWebzone