There are 169 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I told you that the Canes lack of scoring depth would eventually lose it for them (okay, it wasn't that great of a prediction).

Too bad the Wings are going to destroy the Penguins.....again....

I don't think they are
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I told you that the Canes lack of scoring depth would eventually lose it for them (okay, it wasn't that great of a prediction).

Too bad the Wings are going to destroy the Penguins.....again....

I don't think they are

The Penguins haven't faced a team as strong defensively as the Red Wings yet this postseason. And I don't think the Penguins are good enough themselves defensively to put up with The Mule and Holmstrom dominating in front of the net.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Maybe it's time to edit the title ?

Anywho the Habs got raped by Glen Sather. We take on Gomez's salary (although he is a good player) and give up Higgins and McDonaugh (our 2007 1st round pick). (There were a couple of other minor players involved in the swap however they are meaningless in the grand scheme of things).

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Maybe it's time to edit the title ?

Anywho the Habs got raped by Glen Sather. We take on Gomez's salary (although he is a good player) and give up Higgins and McDonaugh (our 2007 1st round pick). (There were a couple of other minor players involved in the swap however they are meaningless in the grand scheme of things).

I dont understand this. I mean, I believe the habs had some cap space, but they still have some other holes to fill.

Gomez is a lot at 7 million per year..he isnt worth that much
The canucks keep the twins

Henrik and Daniel Sedin sign a 5 year deal worth 30 mill (each). This includes a no movement clause.
Defenceman Mattias Ohlund is going to the Tampa Bay Lightning with a new seven-year contract worth $24.5 million.

per tsn
Hossa to chicago?

rumors out there
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Hossa to chicago?

rumors out there

its done for a crazy 12 yrs say bye bye to kane, toews, havlat and/or versteeg come fa time. i hope we can get 1 of them mainly kane or toews when they hit fa
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Hossa to chicago?

rumors out there

its done for a crazy 12 yrs say bye bye to kane, toews, havlat and/or versteeg come fa time. i hope we can get 1 of them mainly kane or toews when they hit fa

I think Havlat and Khabibulin are possible goners....and Hossa's deal is front end loaded. I'm sure they will be able to keep both Toews and Kane (both will be RFA's).
habs signed spacek?

and camillari at 6 mill
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM ]

• evil
  • Veteran
habs signed spacek?

And Gill and Mike Cammalleri.

The Leafs just inked Mike Komisarek though.
roloson is gone to the islanders

the oilers do get the wall in khabibulin (sp?)
Now the Habs signed Gionta for 5 mill a year

thats Gionta-Gomez- Cammilarri (sp?)

5+7+6 = 18 million in three players, imo are not worth 18 million.
Now the Habs signed Gionta for 5 mill a year

thats Gionta-Gomez- Cammilarri (sp?)

5+7+6 = 18 million in three players, imo are not worth 18 million.

the habs will always be a small soft team that will get pushed around. they are just trying to make the fans happy with their spending spree.
Gaborik to Rangers. Chicago and Montreal seem to be where the action is at on day 1.

No team going after Gustavson has signed a goalie yet...
Share 49ersWebzone