LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day

Please explain why Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Yes, he is a better shooter, but Crosby crashes the net, plays great defense, blocks shots, plays on the PK, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He does all of that and he is only 1 point behind Ovechkin for the series.

I guess I should fix my quote to accurate depict the final point totals.

Where are you Fred? I am waiting to hear why Ovechkin is so much better than Crosby.
Because he can take a hit and doesn't whine to the refs every five minutes.I said it before and i'll say it again all he is is another mario.Hey maybe he'll retire too early since when he doesnt like the way the game is called anymore.Better yet i know this is mean but maybe he'll get hodgkins disease too.Big f**kin p***y is all he is.

Stay Classy

So you think the guy whines too much so you hope he gets cancer? Excellent!

I doubt if you have even watched a Pens playoff game this year. I have watched essentially all of them and I have seen him maybe complaining to the refs once or twice. I understand hating on a player because he is great and he isn't on your team, but cancer... really?

I also think it is hilarious that we have a random internet "tough" guy calling out a professional athlete in one of the toughest sports ever a p***y. I bet you are a lot tougher than this guy who gets smashed into by guys going full speed, and taking sticks to the face on a near daily basis. I guess Sid is a real p***y... I am surprised he can even get on the ice let alone score a single point considering how soft and b***hy he is.

i will give crosby his props and he was better than ovechkin in their series, but i still think ovie is better. crosby has a better supporting cast than ovie has imo and when crosby also has 1 of the best players in the world in malkin it just helps.

No doubt the Pens have more talent overall than the Caps. However, I don't know if the talent level is wide as it appears. What hurt the Caps the most is that Greene and Semin basically disappeared this series.

If Ovie works at it, and becomes a better defensive hockey player, and takes fewer stupid penalties he will be better than Crosby. Until then I will take the complete player over the flashy scorer.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day

Please explain why Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Yes, he is a better shooter, but Crosby crashes the net, plays great defense, blocks shots, plays on the PK, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He does all of that and he is only 1 point behind Ovechkin for the series.

I guess I should fix my quote to accurate depict the final point totals.

Where are you Fred? I am waiting to hear why Ovechkin is so much better than Crosby.
Because he can take a hit and doesn't whine to the refs every five minutes.I said it before and i'll say it again all he is is another mario.Hey maybe he'll retire too early since when he doesnt like the way the game is called anymore.Better yet i know this is mean but maybe he'll get hodgkins disease too.Big f**kin p***y is all he is.

Stay Classy

So you think the guy whines too much so you hope he gets cancer? Excellent!

I doubt if you have even watched a Pens playoff game this year. I have watched essentially all of them and I have seen him maybe complaining to the refs once or twice. I understand hating on a player because he is great and he isn't on your team, but cancer... really?

I also think it is hilarious that we have a random internet "tough" guy calling out a professional athlete in one of the toughest sports ever a p***y. I bet you are a lot tougher than this guy who gets smashed into by guys going full speed, and taking sticks to the face on a near daily basis. I guess Sid is a real p***y... I am surprised he can even get on the ice let alone score a single point considering how soft and b***hy he is.

i will give crosby his props and he was better than ovechkin in their series, but i still think ovie is better. crosby has a better supporting cast than ovie has imo and when crosby also has 1 of the best players in the world in malkin it just helps.

No doubt the Pens have more talent overall than the Caps. However, I don't know if the talent level is wide as it appears. What hurt the Caps the most is that Greene and Semin basically disappeared this series.

If Ovie works at it, and becomes a better defensive hockey player, and takes fewer stupid penalties he will be better than Crosby. Until then I will take the complete player over the flashy scorer.

also hurts when the caps d is bad with only mike green being the 1 good dman but hes not as great d wise. and the pens have solid dmen to a really good 1 in gonchar and a goalie whos been there and good himself even though i think varlamov will be a stud next yr if not hes already 1 and will be much prepared next yr. either way 1 things for sure i'll happily take crosby over thornton any day of the wk even if thornton was the same age as crosby. heart and the desire to win crosby, laziness, no motivation until someone hits him dirty, 1 night shows top 3 player skills next night shows absolutely nothing thornton
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
LMAO YES!! f**k BOSTON!

At least we don't have to feel alone now.

I think if the Sharks played in the East, we'd make it farther than Boston.

Actually, I'm a Ranger fan. My familys had season tickets for over 50 years. My aunt (who recently passed away) and her son used to eat dinner with the Rangers all the time. They actually unveiled Mike Richters picture collage on Richter Night.....

...anyway. Man, I always pick the Sharks to come out of the West and they always disappoint me. But yea, I do agree that the Sharks probably would have made it out of the first round if they were in the Eastern Conference. The Ducks were just a tough team to handle. I mean any team that beats the one seed and then almost takes out Detroit has to be pretty damn good IMO. As far as making it farther than Boston, thats a tough one to argue. Boston plays a more defensive game than the Sharks. But it has to feel good for you guys to know that both of the one seeds are out instead of just you guys lol

Yeah, I suppose it's all a moot point now. It's back to *waiting* yet again for next year. I'm tired of waiting. Yes, it's great making the playoffs pretty much every year -- but jeez -- at least make it to the Conference Finals please.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Washington Capitals sign free agent Swedish sensation goalie Anton Gustafsson. Guess that game 7 ended Varlamov (sp?) future with the team.

if you guys google search the name, it says he is a 19 year old center, not the goalie

oh lol, never mind then.
Washington Capitals sign free agent Swedish sensation goalie Anton Gustafsson. Guess that game 7 ended Varlamov (sp?) future with the team.

if you guys google search the name, it says he is a 19 year old center, not the goalie

oh lol, never mind then.

With so much time and work invested into the draft and NFL/College football, I have so little time to catch up with anything regarding upcoming prospects in hockey, though I'm working on it. Part of it is the fact that I simply don't have all the resources to track College hockey, as well as the AHL, like the way I do with College football. I used to have a nice balance between NFL, College FB, MLB, NBA, NHL, but..

Stopped watching baseball after the Giants lost the world series.
Stopped watching basketball after the Kings blew it in the playoffs many years ago.
I had stopped watching hockey after Dallas won the Stanley Cup against the Sabres (Dallas disgusts me), I didn't start watching again until 2005. So I have had a lot of catching up to do.

oh lol, never mind then.

so it wasnt JONAS gustavvson??? if not thank god cause i want the sharks to get him if the caps are not sold on varlamov and do sign gustavvson maybe its just me but i'll trade a 33 yr old nabby to them for varlamov and a few picks/prospects from the caps any day of the wk. i think varlamov is gonna be a stud even though he struggled the final gms against a high powered pens o.

put varlamov on a good sharks d and he will be awesome he was 1 of the reasons why they survived the rangers in the 1st cause no way in hell they get by them with theodore in net.

oh lol, never mind then.

so it wasnt JONAS gustavvson??? if not thank god cause i want the sharks to get him if the caps are not sold on varlamov and do sign gustavvson maybe its just me but i'll trade a 33 yr old nabby to them for varlamov and a few picks/prospects from the caps any day of the wk. i think varlamov is gonna be a stud even though he struggled the final gms against a high powered pens o.

put varlamov on a good sharks d and he will be awesome he was 1 of the reasons why they survived the rangers in the 1st cause no way in hell they get by them with theodore in net.

Sigh. I'd be sort of sad to see Nabby go though. Fans love him here. The glove is just magical.

oh lol, never mind then.

Sigh. I'd be sort of sad to see Nabby go though. Fans love him here. The glove is just magical.

He glove is great, but that five hole...

oh lol, never mind then.

He glove is great, but that five hole...

I think that 5-hole is why you saw him trying those weird new block moves towards mid-season, which unfortunately seemed to get Nabby stuck and hindered his mobility in net. I didn't see them that much for a while after he first started using them and obviously had some issues.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 15, 2009 at 8:20 PM ]

oh lol, never mind then.

With so much time and work invested into the draft and NFL/College football, I have so little time to catch up with anything regarding upcoming prospects in hockey, though I'm working on it. Part of it is the fact that I simply don't have all the resources to track College hockey, as well as the AHL, like the way I do with College football. I used to have a nice balance between NFL, College FB, MLB, NBA, NHL, but..

Stopped watching basketball after the Kings blew it in the playoffs many years ago.
I had stopped watching hockey after Dallas won the Stanley Cup against the Sabres (Dallas disgusts me), I didn't start watching again until 2005. So I have had a lot of catching up to do.

Thats too bad, Dallas Stars are a great franchise Man I loved that '98 team, sure Belfour was a head case and Hull was a loud mouth and Hatcher we pretty dirty, but the rest of the team was a class act. How can you hate Nieuwendyk, Sydor, the Lil Ball of Hate Verbeek, Mike Keane, Guy Carbanneou, and now Langenbrunner is finally showing what I've known for a long time, one hell of a player and character guy. That trade of Langenbrunner/Nieuwendyk for Arnott ruined our franchise, man we would have been good with those 2 for few more seasons.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 16, 2009 at 12:20 AM ]

oh lol, never mind then.

Thats too bad, Dallas Stars are a great franchise Man I loved that '98 team, sure Belfour was a head case and Hull was a loud mouth and Hatcher we pretty dirty, but the rest of the team was a class act. How can you hate Nieuwendyk, Sydor, the Lil Ball of Hate Verbeek, Mike Keane, Guy Carbanneou, and now Langenbrunner is finally showing what I've known for a long time, one hell of a player and character guy. That trade of Langenbrunner/Nieuwendyk for Arnott ruined our franchise, man we would have been good with those 2 for few more seasons.

I HATE Darien Hatcher. Couldn't STAND him. Headhunting son of... gun..

I have never liked teams from Dallas, or most teams from Texas in general. The hate started with the Cowboys, and simply spread to the Stars, and even the Texas Rangers. I actually attended the first inter-league game at The Ballpark in Arlington watching my Giants beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 (Happy day for me). Many of the fans here are some of the most unbelievably irritating people I've ever been around in my life, which is probably why my dislike for these teams here never dissipates.

Since I live in the area, I've been by the Cowboys' new stadium a few times and hope to attend the 49ers pre-season game there to boo Dallas. Last time I went to a Dallas pre-season game, they lost 35-0 to New England.

But back on topic -- Go Chicago, Sunday.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 16, 2009 at 12:42 AM ]
Pens/Blackhawks
Cavs/Nuggets

oh lol, never mind then.

i love nabby as well and enjoyed all the moments with him but how many times will we have to watch him get out played in the playoffs by someone else whos no where good as him during the yr or a damn average joe. i dont know how many times he gave up a weak momentum killing 5 hole goal
Damn I guess it runs from the Front Office all the way to the players

Detroit police: Chair swung by Ducks GM hit woman
linkage
1-0

early for the hawks
Share 49ersWebzone