LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If hockey was back on ESPN and Game 7 of Penguins vs. Capitals was on ESPN, it would be the game that revived the NHL.

I just can't belive what a great oppurtunity it is to sell Ovie vs. Crosby, even guys on ARound the Horn were giving props to the series for being entertaining and normally they just bash hockey everytime its brought up.

Just imagine Ovie vs. Crosby commercials all day for the last days pumping up the series, in my head there is that old MJ song from the commercial playing "Anything you can do I can do better" with jsut highliest of Ovie and Crosby.

Man it pisses me off, this is the game that could of saved the NHL. Now its just a What If left for hardcore fans to ponder.

Somebody got my hopes up
Well, you guys aren't missing much as the Pens are blowing the Caps out 5-1 late in the 2nd...
the cameras caught a caps fan scratching his nuts
Wasn't even close,Crosby is an animal in the playoffs
Originally posted by joey82:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day

Please explain why Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Yes, he is a better shooter, but Crosby crashes the net, plays great defense, blocks shots, plays on the PK, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He does all of that and he is only 1 point behind Ovechkin for the series.

I guess I should fix my quote to accurate depict the final point totals.

Where are you Fred? I am waiting to hear why Ovechkin is so much better than Crosby.
[ Edited by joey82 on May 13, 2009 at 6:53 PM ]
.. I figured if the Pens did win, it would be in a blowout

Thought the Caps had a chance at home. Nope..
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day

Please explain why Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Yes, he is a better shooter, but Crosby crashes the net, plays great defense, blocks shots, plays on the PK, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He does all of that and he is only 1 point behind Ovechkin for the series.

Where are you Fred? I am waiting to hear why Ovechkin is so much better than Crosby.

Are you basing your opinion of whether crosby is better than ovechkin based on team success?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Are you basing your opinion of whether crosby is better than ovechkin based on team success?

No, I concede that Ovechkin is a better shooter and natural scorer. I believe Crosby is better because he does more to help his team win. He plays much better defense and isn't afraid to crash or get dirty in front of the net.
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

No, I concede that Ovechkin is a better shooter and natural scorer. I believe Crosby is better because he does more to help his team win. He plays much better defense and isn't afraid to crash or get dirty in front of the net.

I'll give you the defense part, Crosby seems to be better defensively than ovechkin.

Ovie isnt the "crash the net" kind of guy though Ovie is skillful. Crosby gets in front of the net more (i'll take your word, I haven't seen crosby play as much), but if the pucks go in, I dont care how you score.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on May 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Pen's just slapped the caps silly. I stopped watching after they went up 5-0. What a let down especially after the first 6 games.

Originally posted by NickV:
Pen's just slapped the caps silly. I stopped watching after they went up 5-0. What a let down especially after the first 6 games.

Yeah -- really wasn't much of a "Epic game 7 battle"

If it had been on ESPN, the ratings I'm sure would have stunk.
I got tickets to home game 2 for the hawks whenever that may be... I still can't believe we made it this far..
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If hockey was back on ESPN and Game 7 of Penguins vs. Capitals was on ESPN, it would be the game that revived the NHL.

I just can't belive what a great oppurtunity it is to sell Ovie vs. Crosby, even guys on ARound the Horn were giving props to the series for being entertaining and normally they just bash hockey everytime its brought up.

Just imagine Ovie vs. Crosby commercials all day for the last days pumping up the series, in my head there is that old MJ song from the commercial playing "Anything you can do I can do better" with jsut highliest of Ovie and Crosby.

Man it pisses me off, this is the game that could of saved the NHL. Now its just a What If left for hardcore fans to ponder.

Somebody got my hopes up

I totally jinxed it
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Because he can take a hit and doesn't whine to the refs every five minutes.I said it before and i'll say it again all he is is another mario.Hey maybe he'll retire too early since when he doesnt like the way the game is called anymore.Better yet i know this is mean but maybe he'll get hodgkins disease too.Big f**kin p***y is all he is.
Share 49ersWebzone