LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

If there aren't any suspensions or anything after that.. I think that'd be ridiculous. Datsyuk did NOTHING and was elbowed straight in the head by Neidermeyer after the game ended.

Another player took shots at Rafalksi who also did nothing and refused to fight back while the Ducks player continued to lay on punches to Rafalski as he laid on the ice.

Getzlaf went after Hossa who also did nothing, yet Getzlaf thought he would throw some punches too.

What the frick was that? Only the Ducks would do this.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If there aren't any suspensions or anything after that.. I think that'd be ridiculous. Datsyuk did NOTHING and was elbowed straight in the head by Neidermeyer after the game ended.

Another player took shots at Rafalksi who also did nothing and refused to fight back while the Ducks player continued to lay on punches to Rafalski as he laid on the ice.

Getzlaf went after Hossa who also did nothing, yet Getzlaf thought he would throw some punches too.

what happened? The ducks trying to get dirty...

That may work on the sharks ( ) but I dont think it would work on the wings
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I'm GLAD -- Just saw Perry and Niedermeyer got game misconducts. Getzalf got several minor penalties, but he should've gotten one too.

If I'm not mistaken, Perry and Niedermeyer can't play in Game 7 now.

I'm GLAD -- Just saw Perry and Niedermeyer got game misconducts. Getzalf got several minor penalties, but he should've gotten one too.

naw, I think you have to get two in order to get suspended during the playoffs

Commish could always suspended them if he feels like it.
Ducks win the game, and then beat the s**t out of the Wings afterwards too. Gotta love it. Goooooooooooooooo Ducks. I don't expect to win Game 7, but they've already exceeded expectations, so whatever. Hopefully they just leave some bloody Red Wings on the ice before they're done. f**k Detroit.

Two of what?

Perry got Roughing, Fighting, Misconduct
Marchant got a game misconduct.

And NHL Network erroneously reported Niedermayer got a game misconduct.. I just checked and he only has a fighting major. Which is ridiculous. He was as bad as the others if not worse. =

Two of what?

And NHL Network erroneously reported Niedermayer got a game misconduct.. I just checked and he only has a fighting major. Which is ridiculous. He was as bad as the others if not worse. =

have to get two game misconducts i believe, for a suspension in the playoffs.

Two of what?

What happened to this "Sending a Message Stuff will not be allowed" ?

.. Lovely. That means none of those players will miss Game 7. Seriously, at least one suspension should be handed out from that.

If not -- Why the frick didn't the Sharks take cheap shots on the Ducks every game then? That's what I want to know. If nothing was going to come of getting in Anaheim's face and beating the snot out of them, we should've done it. Murray, Blake, Grier, Shelley. Geez. It's the Ducks.. At least I recall Pavelski beating the crap out of one Duck the last game I saw.

Two of what?

.. Lovely. That means none of those players will miss Game 7. Seriously, at least one suspension should be handed out from that.

If not -- Why the frick didn't the Sharks take cheap shots on the Ducks every game then? That's what I want to know. If nothing was going to come of getting in Anaheim's face and beating the snot out of them, we should've done it. Murray, Blake, Grier, Shelley. Geez. It's the Ducks.. At least I recall Pavelski beating the crap out of one Duck the last game I saw.

That Pavleski fight was awesome, he was smaller then the guy and knocked the crap out of him.

3 Game 7s , this has got to be a first in a long time (3 out of 4 semifinals going to 7).

My picks: Detroit, Washington, Carolina.
If hockey was back on ESPN and Game 7 of Penguins vs. Capitals was on ESPN, it would be the game that revived the NHL.

I just can't belive what a great oppurtunity it is to sell Ovie vs. Crosby, even guys on ARound the Horn were giving props to the series for being entertaining and normally they just bash hockey everytime its brought up.

Just imagine Ovie vs. Crosby commercials all day for the last days pumping up the series, in my head there is that old MJ song from the commercial playing "Anything you can do I can do better" with jsut highliest of Ovie and Crosby.

Man it pisses me off, this is the game that could of saved the NHL. Now its just a What If left for hardcore fans to ponder.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Two of what?

That Pavleski fight was awesome, he was smaller then the guy and knocked the crap out of him.

3 Game 7s , this has got to be a first in a long time (3 out of 4 semifinals going to 7).

My picks: Detroit, Washington, Carolina.

I'm going to go ahead and take the top seeds for each match-up. Washington, Detroit, and Boston.
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If hockey was back on ESPN and Game 7 of Penguins vs. Capitals was on ESPN, it would be the game that revived the NHL.

I just can't belive what a great oppurtunity it is to sell Ovie vs. Crosby, even guys on ARound the Horn were giving props to the series for being entertaining and normally they just bash hockey everytime its brought up.

Just imagine Ovie vs. Crosby commercials all day for the last days pumping up the series, in my head there is that old MJ song from the commercial playing "Anything you can do I can do better" with jsut highliest of Ovie and Crosby.

Man it pisses me off, this is the game that could of saved the NHL. Now its just a What If left for hardcore fans to ponder.

I agree 100%
Originally posted by joey82:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

Penguins are deeper and have outshot the Caps everygame. Look for them to come out on top tonight!

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by joey82:
Penguins all the way!

Crosby > Ovechkin

Not too mention that

Malkin > Federov

well duh your penguin homerism is gonna say crosby is better which the hell he aint. and of course malkin is better than an old federov who was 1 of the best back in the day

Please explain why Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Yes, he is a better shooter, but Crosby crashes the net, plays great defense, blocks shots, plays on the PK, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He does all of that and he is only 3 points behind Ovechkin for the series.
Share 49ersWebzone