There are 307 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by WeWillWinAgain:
Big trade today!!!!

Pits sends Ryan Whitney to Ana for Chris Kunitz and another young kid.

Good trade for both teams really.

WHAT??? damn thats 3 good but highly expensive dman the quackers got now. all 3 can score and pit gets someone who can score and they may be able to put kunitz with crosby so they can spread out the scoring lines evenly. still i think this may put the quacks in the playoffs with a low seed or miss the playoffs all together
Originally posted by hec26:
Big trade today!!!!

WHAT??? damn thats 3 good but highly expensive dman the quackers got now. all 3 can score and pit gets someone who can score and they may be able to put kunitz with crosby so they can spread out the scoring lines evenly. still i think this may put the quacks in the playoffs with a low seed or miss the playoffs all together

wow, this is a balanced trade only because of the prospect Tangradi. Tangradi is killing it in the Canadian Juniors and will be a dominant power forward when he makes the jump up.

Kunitz is over rated, he is a 20-goal scorer at best and I don't think he will mesh very well with Crosby.

Ryan Whitney is a solid offensive defenseman and is a good pickup by the Ducks.

Meanwhile, who is left on the Ducks that can score? All they have left is Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Selanne. IMO they are giving up on the season...

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 26, 2009 at 11:16:52 ]
BTW, 2009 Season Opener in Sweden sold out in under an hour. It'll be Detroit vs. St. Louis.

Think those Swedes want to see Lidstrom and Zetterberg? lol
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Big trade today!!!!

wow, this is a balanced trade only because of the prospect Tangradi. Tangradi is killing it in the Canadian Juniors and will be a dominant power forward when he makes the jump up.

Kunitz is over rated, he is a 20-goal scorer at best and I don't think he will mesh very well with Crosby.

Meanwhile, who is left on the Ducks that can score? All they have left is Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Selanne. IMO they are giving up on the season...

With the Ducks getting Whitney... I think it means they will give up either pronger or neidemayer (sp?) so Whitney can take over the #2 spot.

Yeah, I dont know who can score for the ducks other than the players you mentioned, maybe parros?
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Now the rangers let their coach go,...

It was expected...what was their losing streak? like 10 right?

tortorella has A LOT of cleaning up to do as well as their gm who shouldve been fired for giving the players they have horrible contracts. the rangers have so many average to 2nd tier players making way more then theyre supposed to be making.

what are you talking about Redden got an excellent contract and Drury is a superb captain

whew, you had me a bit until i saw that pinochio smiley LOL

lol Henrik is the only great player we got we have some nice young players. I just hope with Tortorella we aren't as passive and have consistent line's so we don't get those stupid too many players on the ice penalty which should never happen
Dolan is never going to fire sather no matter what he does.As far as great players henrik is awesome but not great he has too many off moments in big games.I know he can't stop everything but he has some bad moments.I do think redden will play better under tortorella though.It will be all for naught if they can't find a way to score.
gettin ready to go to the Sabres and Hurricanes game. It's gonna be a good one two teams that hate each other and the Canes really need to get a W here.
Big trade today!!!!

With the Ducks getting Whitney... I think it means they will give up either pronger or neidemayer (sp?) so Whitney can take over the #2 spot.

Yeah, I dont know who can score for the ducks other than the players you mentioned, maybe parros?

I think Pronger is on his way out...but not till the offseason. I just dont think teams will give Ana what they want at the deadline.

I'm not sure Kunitz is overated, I think he's a 20 goal scorer, 60 point guy. Still a top 6 forward in this league, but not a superstar by any means. He prob wont play on Crosbys line cause they're both playmakers but he will jell with Malkin I think.

What do you know about this Tangradi kid??? Never heard of him till today.
Big trade today!!!!

I think Pronger is on his way out...but not till the offseason. I just dont think teams will give Ana what they want at the deadline.

I'm not sure Kunitz is overated, I think he's a 20 goal scorer, 60 point guy. Still a top 6 forward in this league, but not a superstar by any means. He prob wont play on Crosbys line cause they're both playmakers but he will jell with Malkin I think.

What do you know about this Tangradi kid??? Never heard of him till today.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/eric_tangradi

Its a pretty good website for info on prospects. Its as accurate as any NFL Mock draft site for nfl prospects.

Its funny though, them along with many "experts" bashed the Dallas Stars propsects for years saying it was a matter of time before our franchise crashed because we had no prospects. Yet in the past 2-3 years we've pumped out 7 NHL starters that have played very key roles.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 26, 2009 at 18:26:35 ]
The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Niclas Havelid to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for blueliner Anssi Salmela.

Pretty good deal for the devils, havelid is an ufa at the end of the season. Salmela wasnt helping at all.
Should be a very interesting trade deadline rush this year. It seems this year, more than ever, is a seller market. Teams are going to be handing over A LOT to get some of the bigger names.

The Ducks trading for Whitney is probably a pretty decent sign they are very serious about moving Pronger. However, since there aren't a lot of sellers out there, I think whichever teams gets him will have to pay a heavy price.

Ultimately, I think Boston will end up with him.

• NickV
  • Veteran
* March 2: NEW JERSEY DEVILS acquire defenseman Niclas Havelid from ATLANTA THRASHERS for defenseman Anssi Salmela..

* Feb. 26: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS trade defenseman Ryan Whitney to ANAHEIM DUCKS for left wing Chris Kunitz and forward Eric Tangradi.

* Feb. 26: MONTREAL CANADIENS trade forward Steve Begin to DALLAS STARS for defenseman Doug Janik.

* Feb. 20: NEW YORK ISLANDERS trade center Mike Comrie and defenseman Chris Campoli to OTTAWA SENATORS for center Dean McAmmond and San Jose's 2009 first-round pick (via Tampa Bay).

* Feb. 16: ATLANTA THRASHERS trade defenseman Mathieu Schneider to MONTREAL CANADIENS for 2009 second-round pick, a 2010 third round choice and a conditional pick.

* Feb. 7: CAROLINA HURRICANES acquire forward Jussi Jokinen from TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING for forward Wade Brookbank, defenseman Josef Melichar and a 2009 fourth-round pick.

* Feb. 4: VANCOUVER CANUCKS acquire defendeman Nathan McIver from ANAHEIM DUCKS for forward Mike Brown.

* Feb. 3: NEW JERSEY DEVILS acquire rights to center David McIntyre from ANAHEIM DUCKS in exchange for defenseman Sheldon Brookbank.

Did a quick copy and paste from SI.com
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Jordan Leopold was traded to the Calgary Flames, with whom he played from 2002 to 2006.

In exchange, the Flames sent defensemen Lawrence Nycholat and Ryan Wilson, along with a 2009 second-round draft pick.

And they are going for Olli Jokinen.... all this is on espn's trade page...

Flames have a legit shot at winning the cup this year.
flames got jokinen, they gave up lombardi, rust, and a 1st rounder....
Rangers are balling right now!
we traded for travis moen and kent huskins from the quacks
Share 49ersWebzone